- Snow sheep
Snow sheep Conservation status Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Mammalia Order: Artiodactyla Family: Bovidae Genus: Ovis Species: O. nivicola Binomial name Ovis nivicola
The snow sheep (Ovis nivicola), or Siberian bighorn sheep, is a species of sheep, which comes from the mountainous areas in the northeast of Siberia. One subspecies, the Putorana Snow Sheep (Ovis nivicola borealis) lives isolated from the other forms in the Putoran mountains. The snow sheep is related to the North American Bighorn Sheep and Dall's Sheep, and some zoologists consider it a subspecies of this sheep.
- Kolyma Snow Sheep, (Ovis nivicola ssp)
- Koryak Snow Sheep, (Ovis nivicola koriakorum)
- Okhotsk Snow Sheep, (Ovis nivicola alleni)
- Yakutia Snow Sheep, (Ovis nivicola lydekkeri)
- Kamchatka Snow Sheep, (Ovis nivicola nivicola)
- Putorana Snow Sheep, (Ovis nivicola borealis)
- Chukotka Snow Sheep, (Ovis nivicola ssp)
- This article incorporates information from the German Wikipedia.
This sheep-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.