- 9th century BC
Millennium: 1st millennium BC Centuries: 10th century BC · 9th century BC · 8th century BC Decades: 890s BC 880s BC 870s BC 860s BC 850s BC
840s BC 830s BC 820s BC 810s BC 800s BC
Categories: Births – Deaths
Establishments – Disestablishments
The 9th century BC started the first day of 900 BC and ended the last day of 801 BC.
The 9th century BC was a period of great changes in civilizations. In Africa, Carthage is founded by the Phoenicians. In Egypt, a severe flood covers the floor of Luxor temple, and years later, a civil war starts.
- 895 BC: Death of King Xiao of Zhou, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 894 BC: King Yi of Zhou becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 892 BC: Megacles, King of Athens, dies after a reign of 30 years and is succeeded by his son Diognetus.
- 891 BC: Tukulti-Ninurta II succeeds his father Adad-nirari II as king of Assyria.
- 889 BC: Takelot I succeeds his father Osorkon I as king of Egypt.
- 884 BC: Assurnasirpal II succeeds his father Tukulti-ninurta II as king of Assyria.
- 879 BC: Death of King Yi of Zhou, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 878 BC: King Li of Zhou becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 874 BC: Osorkon II succeeds Takelot I as king of the Twenty-second dynasty of Egypt.
- 874 BC: Ahab becomes king of Kingdom of Israel (approximate date).
- 872 BC: An exceptionally high flood of the Nile covers the floors of the Temple of Luxor.
- 865 BC: Kar Kalmaneser was conquered by the Assyrian king Shalmaneser III.
- 864 BC: Diognetus, King of Athens, dies after a reign of 28 years and is succeeded by his son Pherecles.
- 860 BC: The kingdom of Urartu is unified.
- 858 BC: Aramu becomes king of Urartu.
- 858 BC: Shalmaneser III succeeds Assurnasipal II as king of Assyria.
- 854 BC: Battle of Karkar—An indecisive engagement between Assyrian king Shalmaneser III and a military alliance of the king of Damascus and lesser powers including the prince of Tyre. (or 853 BC)
- 853 BC: Battle of Karkar—An indecisive engagement between Assyrian king Shalmaneser III and a military alliance of the king of Damascus and lesser powers including the prince of Tyre. (or 854 BC)
- 850 BC: Takelot II succeeds Osorkon II as King of Egypt.
- 850 BC: The Middle Mumun Pottery Period begins in the Korean peninsula.
- 845 BC: Pherecles, King of Athens, dies after a reign of 19 years and is succeeded by his son Ariphron.
- 842 BC: Shalmaneser III devastates the territory of Damascus; Kingdom of Israel and the Phoenician cities send tribute.
- 841 BC: Death of King Li of Zhou, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 841 BC: Records of the Grand Historian regards this year as the first year of consecutive annual dating of Chinese history.
- 836 BC: Shalmaneser III of Assyria leads an expedition against the Tabareni.
- 836 BC: Civil war breaks out in Egypt.
- 827 BC: King Xuan of Zhou becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 825 BC: Takelot II, king of Egypt, dies. Crown Prince Osorkon III and Shoshenq III, sons of Takelot, battle for the throne.
- c. 825 BC: Ariphron, King of Athens, dies after a reign of 20 years and is succeeded by his son Thespieus.
- 823 BC: Death of Shalmaneser III, king of Assyria. He is succeeded by his son Shamshi-Adad V.
- 820 BC: Pygmalion ascends the throne of Tyre.
- 817 BC: Pedubastis I declares himself king of Egypt, founding the Twenty-third Dynasty.
- 814 BC: Carthage is founded by Dido (traditional date).
- 813 BC: Carthage is founded by Phoenicians.
- 811 BC: Adad-nirari III succeeds his father Shamshi-Adad V as king of Assyria.
- 804 BC: Adad-nirari III of Assyria conquers Damascus.
- 804 BC: Death of Pedubastis I, pharaoh.
- c. 800 BC: Etruscan civilization.
- Beginning of the Iron Age in Central Europe, spread of the Proto-Celtic Hallstatt culture, and the Proto-Celtic language.
- Adena culture appears in present day Northeastern United States.
Inventions, discoveries, introductions
- First inscriptions in Epigraphic South Arabian found in Akkele Guzay
- 9th century BC—Olmecs build pyramids.
- Emergence of the Brahmana period of Vedic Sanskrit, probable composition of the Shatapatha Brahmana, and the first beginning of the Upanishadic and Vedantic traditions of Hinduism.
Decades and years
Millennium Century BC 4th 40th 39th 38th 37th 36th 35th 34th 33rd 32nd 31st 3rd 30th 29th 28th 27th 26th 25th 24th 23rd 22nd 21st 2nd 20th 19th 18th 17th 16th 15th 14th 13th 12th 11th 1st 10th 9th 8th 7th 6th 5th 4th 3rd 2nd 1st AD 1st 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 2nd 11th 12th 13th 14th 15th 16th 17th 18th 19th 20th 3rd 21st 22nd 23rd 24th 25th 26th 27th 28th 29th 30th 4th 31st 32nd 33rd 34th 35th 36th 37th 38th 39th 40th
- ^ Fattovich, Rodolfo, "Akkälä Guzay" in von Uhlig, Siegbert, ed. Encyclopaedia Aethiopica: A-C. Weissbaden: Otto Harrassowitz KG, 2003, p.169.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
9th century AH — is a century in the Islamic calendar that corresponds to 1397 ndash; X CE.yearbox width = 500 in?= cp=8th century AH c=9th century AH cf=10th century AH| yp1=797 AH yp2=798 AH yp3=799 AH year=800 AH ya1=801 AH ya2=802 AH ya3=803 AH dp3=770s AH… … Wikipedia
9th century — Millennium: 1st millennium Centuries: 8th century · 9th century · 10th century Decades: 800s 810s 820s 830s 840s 850s 8 … Wikipedia
9th century in architecture — See also: 8th century in architecture, other events of the 9th century, 10th century in architecture and the architecture timeline.Buildings* 802 Cámara Santa de Oviedo in Oviedo constructed. * 816 Reims Cathedral begun. * 810s Chapel of San Zeno … Wikipedia
9th century in poetry — centuryinbox in?=in poetry cpa=8 cpb=th century c=9th century cn1=10th centuryArabic world* The Book of One Thousand and One Nights was compiled in Baghdad.Turkic world* Possible early date for the oral development of the Book of Dede… … Wikipedia
9th century in England — Events from the 9th century in England.Events* 801 ** Northumbrian invasion of Mercia fails. * 802 ** Egbert becomes King of Wessex. * 803 ** Council of Clofeshoh abolishes the Archbishopric of Lichfield. * 815 ** Egbert of Wessex conquers… … Wikipedia
9th century in Ireland — 800s= ;802 *Death of Muiredach mac Domnaill , King of Mide. He issucceeded by Diarmait mac Donnchado.;803 *Death of Diarmait mac Donnchado , King of Mide. He is succeeded by Conchobar mac Donnchada.;804 *Aed Oirnide of the Uí Néill is ordained… … Wikipedia
Timeline of 9th century Muslim history — 9th century (801 900) (184 AH – 288 AH)* 803: Downfall of the Barmakids. Execution of Jafar Barmki. * 805: Campaigns against the Byzantines. Capture of the islands of Rhodes and Cyprus. * 809: Death of Harun al Rashid. Accession of al Amin. * 810 … Wikipedia
Christianity in the 9th century — Brothers Cyril and Methodius bring Christianity to the Slavic peoples. Main article: History of medieval Christianity … Wikipedia
Chronological list of saints in the 9th century — A list of 9th century saints: Name Birth Birthplace Death Place of death Notes Anselm of Nonantola 803 Maurontus 804 Bishop of Marseilles Paulinus of Aquileia 726 … Wikipedia
Euphrosyne (9th century) — Euphrosyne (c. 790 after 836), a daughter of Byzantine emperor Constantine VI, the last representative of the Isaurian dynasty, and Maria of Amnia. Life Euphrosyne was one of two daughters born to Constantine VI and Maria of Amnia. In January,… … Wikipedia