- Elvis: As Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis
Elvis: As Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis Live album by Elvis Presley Released July 7, 1974 Recorded March 20, 1974 Length 41:57 Label RCA Records Professional reviews Elvis Presley chronology Good Times
Elvis: As Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis
Elvis: As Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis is an album of recordings by Elvis Presley released by RCA Records in 1974 and recorded on March 20, 1974, in front of a live audience at the Midsouth Coliseum in Memphis, Tennessee, Presley's hometown. Elvis' home, Graceland, is pictured on the cover. This was Elvis' fifth live album in less than five years (and the last to be released in his lifetime). Elvis earned his third Grammy Award for the performance of "How Great Thou Art" included on this album. The album was released in early July 1974 and peaked on the chart in August 1974. It was certified Gold on 7/15/1999 by the R.I.A.A.
Although the album was not a major success, it did produce Elvis' third and final Grammy award winner, "How Great Thou Art," which won for best inspirational performance (www.grammy.org). Two other gospel songs, "Why Me Lord" and "Help Me" (which was released as a single off of the Promised Land album) are given an inspired performance. Another highlight is a strong version of the Sun years classic "Trying to Get You," a favorite live choice for Elvis, which shows that Elvis still had the power to belt it out when he wanted to.
The live recording of "Let Me Be There" on this album was later used as filler on his final studio album, Moody Blue. It was also issued as a promotional-only 45 RPM disc in 1974, with the same song on both sides (Mono & Stereo).
It is one of few Presley albums released during his lifetime where his face is not pictured on the cover.
The album also managed to reach No 1 on the Country charts and the top 40 of the hot 100, and was his last to reach the top 40 until Moody Blue in 1977.
In 2004, FTD Records re-released this album containing the entire concert.
- "See See Rider" (Traditional, arranged Presley)
- "I Got a Woman" (Ray Charles, Renald Richard)
- "Love Me" (Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller)
- "Trying to Get to You" (Rose Marie McCoy, Charlie Singleton)
- "Long Tall Sally" (Enotris Johnson, Robert Blackwell, Richard Penniman)
- "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" (Dave "Curlee" Williams, Sunny David)
- "Your Mama Don't Dance" (Kenny Loggins, Jim Messina)
- "Flip Flop and Fly"
- "Jailhouse Rock" (Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller)
- "Hound Dog" (Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller)
- "Why Me Lord?" (Kris Kristofferson)
- "How Great Thou Art" (Stuart K. Hine)
- "Blueberry Hill" - "I Can't Stop Loving You" (Al Lewis, Vincent Rose, Larry Stock - Don Gibson)
- "Help Me" (Larry Gatlin)
- "An American Trilogy" (Mickey Newbury)
- "Let Me Be There" (John Rostill)
- "My Baby Left Me" (Arthur Crudup)
- "Lawdy Miss Clawdy" (Lloyd Price)
- "Can't Help Falling in Love" (George David Weiss, Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatore)
- "Closing Vamp" (Presley)
- Elvis Presley - vocals, acoustic guitar
- James Burton - lead guitar
- Charlie Hodge - acoustic guitar, backing vocals
- John Wilkinson - rhythm guitar
- Glen D. Hardin - piano
- J.D. Sumner & The Stamps - backing vocals
- Kathy Westmoreland - backing vocals
- The Sweet Inspirations - backing vocals
- Duke Bardwell - bass
- Ronnie Tutt - drums
- Engineers - Gus Mossler, Larry Schnapf, Mike Moran, Ronnie Olson
- Executive producer - Elvis Presley
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Elvis As Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis — Альбом Элвиса Пресли Дата выпуска 7 июля 1974 Записан 20 марта 1974 Жанр Рок музыка Длительность … Википедия
Elvis: As Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis — Elvis: As Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis … Википедия
Elvis: As Recorded at Madison Square Garden — Live album by Elvis Presley Released … Wikipedia
Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden — Альбом Элвиса Пресли Дата выпуска 18 июня 1972 Записан 10 июня 1972 Жанр Рок музыка Длительность … Википедия
Elvis: As Recorded at Madison Square Garden — Elvis: As Recorded at Madison Square Garden … Википедия
Elvis Presley — Elvis Presley, 1970 Elvis Presleys Signatur … Deutsch Wikipedia
Elvis (1968 TV program) — Elvis Elvis Presley in his 68 Comeback Special Directed by Steve Binder Produced by … Wikipedia
Memphis Mafia — Elvis Presley in 1970 The Memphis Mafia was the nickname for a group of friends, associates, employees and yes men whose main function was to be around Elvis Presley from 1954 until he died. Several filled practical roles in the singer s life.… … Wikipedia
Elvis (NBC TV Special) — Soundtrack album by Elvis Presley Released November 22, 1968 ( … Wikipedia
Elvis Presley (album) — Elvis Presley Studio album by Elvis Presley Released March 23, 1956 … Wikipedia