- Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers
Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers Format Action/Adventure
Created by Haim Saban
Starring Julia Jordan
Michael J. O'Laskey II
Michael R. Gotto
Voices of Tom Wyner
Country of origin United States No. of episodes 10 (List of episodes) Production Executive producer(s) Haim Saban
Producer(s) Ronnie Hadar
Running time 30 minutes Production company(s) Saban Entertainment Broadcast Original channel Fox (Fox Kids) Picture format 480i (SDTV) Original run February 5, 1996 – February 17, 1996 Chronology Preceded by Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Followed by Power Rangers: Zeo
Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers (often abbreviated as MMAR or simply called Alien Rangers) is a Power Rangers miniseries set at the end of the third season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. As with the rest of the third season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, this series adapted footage and costumes from the eighteenth Super Sentai series, Ninja Sentai Kakuranger.
During fight scenes, an alternate version of the MMPR theme song was played, saying "Go Go Alien Rangers" instead of "Go Go Power Rangers".
Master Vile has used the Orb of Doom to reverse the ages of everyone on Earth, including the Power Rangers. With his team now children and having no powers, Zordon recruits the Alien Rangers of Aquitar for help. These Rangers are humanoid, partially-aquatic aliens and though Earth's environment is ultimately inhospitable to them, they agree to help. Master Vile's plans are foiled, and he leaves in annoyance, but Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa remain and intend to conquer Earth.
Hoping to restore everyone's proper ages, Billy Cranston builds a time machine powered by the Ninja Power Coins. However, only Billy is restored to normal before the device is stolen by Goldar and Rito Revolto. billy and mandy then destroy the coins. With the human Rangers' powers destroyed, only the Aquitian Rangers stand between Earth and the forces of evil, and they cannot remain forever. Ultimately, Zordon realizes that only one thing can restore everything to normal: the Zeo Crystal, which the human Rangers had split into five sub-crystals and scattered throughout time to keep it from Master Vile.
The five young Rangers are each sent back to a different point in time to find a sub-crystal. Upon success, they are returned to the present. All the while, the Aquitian Rangers, Billy, Zordon, and Alpha 5 fend off the forces of Lord Zedd and Rita. The villains also plot to destroy the Command Center and steal the completed Zeo Crystal.
Ultimately, Zedd and Rita succeed in summoning the Aquitian Rangers' arch-foe, Hydro-Hog, to destroy them. After a great deal of difficulty, the Aquitian Rangers destroy him. Meanwhile, Aisha Campbell acquires the final sub-crystal in Africa. However, she chooses to remain in exchange for the sub-crystal and new friend Tanya Sloan goes in her place. Once the Zeo Crystal is recombined in a machine devised by Billy, Earth is restored to normal. The teenaged Rangers bid thanks and farewell to their Aquitian counterparts, who return to Aquitar. However, Goldar and Rito Revolto steal the Zeo Crystal out of the Command Center and their bomb goes off soon afterwards. The Rangers are teleported to safety just before the Command Center is destroyed.
This miniseries sets up the transition from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to Power Rangers Zeo. The two-part premiere of the latter resolved the cliffhanger ending and established the Rangers' new powers (as well as new foes, the Machine Empire).
The Aquitian Rangers are later seen or referenced in further seasons. Cestro returns unmorphed in "Graduation Blues", seeking Billy's help against the Hydro-Contanimators. Cestro later briefly appears with Delphine in "Revelations of Gold." The Aquitian and Zeo Rangers team-up in the "Rangers of Two Worlds" two-parter, the first instance on the series of two full teams appearing together. The two-parter also centered around Billy rapidly aging because of his use of the regenerator. In "Countdown to Destruction" in Power Rangers in Space, the Aquitian Rangers battle and are overwhelmed by Divatox's forces. Aurico later appears morphed in the Power Rangers Wild Force episode, "Forever Red", which saw every previous Red Ranger (save Rocky) united to stop the remnants of the Machine Empire.
- The Red Aquitian Ranger. He was portrayed by David Bacon. As field commander, Aurico leads the Rangers in battle, and devises strategies that ensure victory.
- The White Aquitian Ranger, the leader of the Alien Rangers. She was portrayed by Rajia Baroudi. She is the leader of the team, and always looking out for her soldiers.
- The Blue Aquitian Ranger. He was portrayed by Karim Prince. Cestro is the brains of the team. A master of technology, he creates weapons and devices that get the Aquitian Rangers out of tough situations.
- The Yellow Aquitian Ranger. He was portrayed by Jim Gray. The first male Yellow Ranger, he is a very strong, levelheaded individual.
- The Black Aquitian Ranger. He was portrayed by Alan Palmer. Though the quietest of the five, he can be rather hot-tempered in battle.
- Thomas "Tommy" Oliver: Portrayed as a child by Michael R. Gotto and as a teenager by Jason David Frank.
- Rocky DeSantos: Portrayed as a child by Michael J. O'Laskey and as a teenager by Steve Cardenas.
- Billy Cranston: Portrayed as a child by Justin Timsit and as a teenager by David Yost.
- Adam Park: Portrayed as a child by Matthew Sakimoto and as a teenager by Johnny Yong Bosch.
- Aisha Campbell: Portrayed as a child by Sicily Sewell and as a teenager by Karan Ashley.
- Katherine "Kat" Hillard: Portrayed as a child by Julia Jordan and as a teenager by Catherine Sutherland.
- Zordon: Voiced by Robert L. Manahan.
- Alpha 5: Voiced by Richard Steven Horvitz.
- Farkus "Bulk" Bulkmeier: Portrayed as a child by Cody Slaton and as a teenager by Paul Schrier.
- Eugene "Skull" Skullovitch: Portrayed as a child by Ross J. Samya and as a teenager by Jason Narvy.
- Master Vile: Voiced by Tom Wyner.
- Rita Repulsa: Portrayed by Carla Perez and voiced by Barbara Goodson.
- Lord Zedd: Portrayed by Edwin Neal (credited as Ed Neal) and voiced by Robert Axelrod.
- Goldar: Voiced by Kerrigan Mahan (credited as Ryan O'Flannigan).
- Rito Revolto: Voiced by Bob Papenbrook.
- Squatt: Voiced by Michael Sorich (credited as Michael J. Sorich).
- Baboo: Voiced by Dave Mallow (credited as Colin Phillips).
- Finster: Voiced by Robert Axelrod.
- Hydro Hog: Voiced by Brad Orchard.
- Monsters: (note: all voice actors uncredited)
- Parrot Top: (voiced by Matt K. Miller)
- See-Monster: (voiced by Brian Tahash)
- Crabby Cabbie: (voiced by Michael Sorich)
- Garbage Mouth:(voiced by Matt K. Miller)
- Brick Bully: (voiced by Richard Epcar the first time and by Brian Tahash the second time)
- Professor Longnose: (voiced by Kirk Thornton)
- Slotsky: (voiced by Jimmy Theodore)
- Eric and Merrick, The Barbaric Brothers: (voice actors unknown)
- Bratboy: (voiced by Paul Schrier)
- Witchblade: (voiced by Wendee Lee)
- Arachnofiend: (voiced by Julie Maddalena)
- Battle Borgs: Humanoid Zords used by each Aquitian Ranger that were brought with them from Aquitar to Earth. They are less armored versions of the Shogunzords (like in Kakuranger). They were controlled through telepathy.
- Shogunzords: The Aquitian Rangers also had access to the original Power Rangers' Shogunzords and were able to form the Shogun Megazord (most of the monsters they fought were eliminated this way). Along with the Falconzord, they could form the Shogun Mega Falconzord, which they used to defeat their most feared nemesis, the Hydro Hog.
№ # Title Directed by Written by Original U.S. air date 146 1 "Alien Rangers of Aquitar, Part I" Vickie Bronaugh Shuki Levy & Shell Danielson February 5, 1996 Lord Zedd and his gang land on Earth to turn Angel Grove into a frenzy. Meanwhile, our heroes are trapped as their younger selves. But, danger is just ahead when the enemy's minions show up. Then, confusion ensues when the police arrive. 147 2 "Alien Rangers of Aquitar, Part II" Vickie Bronaugh Shuki Levy & Shell Danielson February 6, 1996 Alpha manages to defuse a bomb which Rito and Goldar set up to blow up the Command Center. The young Power rangers greet their Alien ranger allies, before they do battle against an army of monsters. 148 3 "Climb Every Fountain" Larry Litton Douglas Sloan February 7, 1996 Young Billy and the Alien Rangers work together. Meanwhile, Zedd and Rita develop a plot to defeat the Rangers. Then, Rito decides to take a bus. And, suddenly, the Alien Rangers are falling under the weather. 149 4 "The Alien Trap" Larry Litton Stewart St. John February 8, 1996 The kids work on a new device that will help the Alien Rangers. Then, suddenly, Rito and Goldar appear as the Alien Rangers defend their young friends. 150 5 "Attack of the 60' Bulk" Paul Schrier Gilles Wheeler February 10, 1996 Our young heroes receive good news about the Alien Rangers. Meanwhile, at the evil palace, Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa are ecstatic. Then, they devise a plan to turn one bad boy into a monster. 151 6 "Water You Thinking?" Paul Schrier Jackie Marchand February 12, 1996 The Rangers begin their quest to find the shattered pieces of the Zeo Crystal, but at the start of their journey, Cestro begins to dehydrate. Rita and Zedd conspire to keep the Alien Rangers dry. Meanwhile, Rocky searches for a Zeo Crystal shard within a volcano in historic Mexico. 152 7 "Along Came a Spider" Robert Radler Buzz Alden & charlotte February 13, 1996 While Billy searches for some spare parts to be used with the Zeo Crystal, Young Adam arrives in historic Korea to begin his quest. Meanwhile, Rita and Lord Zedd have big plans for one pesky spider, in an attempt to slow down the Rangers' progress. 153 8 "Sowing the Seas of Evil" Robert Radler Stewart St. John February 14, 1996 While Young Tommy and Young Katherine begin their quests, Billy and the Aquitian Rangers learn about Rita and Zed's plan to bring a new danger to Earth: the Hydro Hog. 154 9 "Hogday Afternoon, Part I" Isaac Florentine Shuki Levy & Shell Danielson February 15, 1996 Aisha's quest begins. Meanwhile, Lord Zedd seeks the Zeo Crystal for himself. And, he summons the evil Hydro Hog. His assignment: get the Rangers. 155 10 "Hogday Afternoon, Part II" Isaac Florentine Shuki Levy & Shell Danielson February 17, 1996 Aisha's quest ends but sends a young girl called Tanya in her place. She returns to the present with the final piece of the Zeo Crystal. The Alien Rangers defeat the Hydro Hog, but then Rito and Goldar steal the now complete Zeo Crystal and the Command Center blows up.
- Power Rangers
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
- Zeo Rangers
- Power Rangers Turbo
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (video game)
Power Rangers MediaTV seriesFilmsMighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie • Turbo: A Power Rangers MovieVideo games Characters Miscellany Related Saban series See also
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.