- Mechanics of human sexuality
The mechanics of sex, or more formally the biomechanics of human sexuality, is the study of the mechanics related to human sexual activity. Examples of topics include the biomechanical study of the strength of vaginal tissues and the biomechanics of male erectile function. The mechanics of sex under limit circumstances like sex at zero-gravity in outer space are also being studied.
Pioneering researchers have been able to study the male and female genitals during coitus with ultrasound technology in 1992 and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in 1999, mapping the anatomy of intercourse and taking images illustrating the fit of male and female genitals. In the research using MRI, researchers imaged couples performing sexual intercourse inside an MRI machine. The magnetic resonance images also showed that the penis has the shape of a boomerang, that one third of its length consists of the root of the penis, and that the vaginal walls wrap snugly around it.
- ^ Cosson, Michel; Lambaudie, Eric; Boukerrou, Malik; Lobry, Pierre; Crépin, Gilles; Ego, Anne (2004). "A biomechanical study of the strength of vaginal tissues. Results on 16 post-menopausal patients presenting with genital prolapse". European journal of obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive biology 112 (2): 201–5. doi:10.1016/S0301-2115(03)00333-6. PMID 14746960.
- ^ Udelson, Daniel (2007). "Biomechanics of male erectile function". Journal of the Royal Society Interface 4 (17): 1031–48. doi:10.1098/rsif.2007.0221.
- ^ Boyle, Alan (July 24, 2006). "Outer-space sex carries complications". MSNBC. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14002908/.
- ^ Silverberg, Cory (August 02, 2010). "Anatomy of Intercourse". About.com. http://sexuality.about.com/od/anatomyresponse/a/sex_research1.htm.
- ^ a b c Schultz, Willibrord Weijmar; van Andel, Pek; Sabelis, Ida; Mooyaart, Eduard (1999). "Magnetic resonance imaging of male and female genitals during coitus and female sexual arousal". BMJ 319 (7225): 1596–600. PMC 28302. PMID 10600954. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pmcentrez&artid=28302.
- ^ Stuttaford, Thomas; Godson, Suzi (October 6, 2007). "Taking the first steps". The Times. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/expert_advice/article2595671.ece.
- Bondil, P; Costa, P; Daures, JP; Louis, JF; Navratil, H (1992). "Clinical study of the longitudinal deformation of the flaccid penis and of its variations with aging". European urology 21 (4): 284–6. PMID 1459150.
- Traxer, Olivier; Haab, François; Anidjar, Maurice; Gattegno, Bernard; Cussenot, Olivier; Thibault, Philippe (1999). "Comparaison des propriétés biomécaniques de l'ancrage vaginal dans les suspensions du col vésical selon la technique de Burch et une technique percutanée [Comparison of biomechanical properties of the vaginal fixation in bladder neck suspensions according to the Burch technique and a percutaneous technique]" (in French). Progrès en Urologie 9 (4): 727–30. PMID 10555228. http://www.urofrance.org/fileadmin/documents/data/PU/1999/PU-1999-00090727/TEXF-PU-1999-00090727.PDF.
Identity Law History Relationships
By country Sexual activitiesAnilingus · Anal sex · Ass to mouth · Bareback · BDSM · Circle jerk · Cock-and-ball torture · Creampie · Cum shot · Cybersex · Dirty talk · Facial · Felching · Fingering · Fisting · Gang bang · Group sex · Masturbation · Mechanics of sex · Non-penetrative sex (Mammary intercourse · Heavy petting · Handjob · Sumata) · Oral sex · Stimulation of nipples · Orgasm control · Pompoir · Quickie · Sex positions · Sexual intercourse (Foreplay) · Sex magic · Sexual penetration · Sexual sublimation · Snowballing · Tea bag · Venus Butterfly Sex industry Religion and sexuality Animal sexual behaviour · Human sexuality · Sexology · Sexual slang Human physiology and endocrinology of sexual reproduction Menstrual and estrous cycle Gametogenesis Human sexual behavior Life span Egg (biology) Reproductive endocrinology
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Human sexual activity — This article is about sexual practices (i.e., physical sexual activities). For broader aspects of sexual behavior see Human sexuality. Relationships … Wikipedia
Religion and sexuality — For other uses, see Religion and sexuality (disambiguation). Most world religions have sought to address the moral issues that arise from people s sexuality in society and in human interactions. Each major religion has developed moral codes… … Wikipedia
Orgasm — For other uses, see Orgasm (disambiguation). Frenzy of Exultations (1894), by Wł … Wikipedia
Pregnancy — For pregnancy in non human animals, see Pregnancy (mammals). Pregnancy Classification and external resources A pregnant woman at the end of the second trimester. ICD 10 … Wikipedia
Sexual intercourse — Intromission redirects here. For other uses, see Intromission (disambiguation). Making love redirects here. For other uses, see Making love (disambiguation) … Wikipedia
List of academic disciplines — An academic discipline, or field of study, is a branch of knowledge that is taught and researched at the college or university level. Disciplines are defined (in part), and recognized by the academic journals in which research is published, and… … Wikipedia
Masturbation — Onanism redirects here. For the Biblical origin of the term onanism , see Onan. Gustav Klimt s Woman seated with thighs apart (1916) … Wikipedia
Sex education — Sex Ed redirects here. For other uses see Sex Ed (disambiguation). Barbara Hastings Asatourian of the University of Salford demonstrates Contraception , a sex education board game played in UK schools. Sex education refers to formal programs of… … Wikipedia
Anal sex — This article is about the human sexual act. For anal sex in non human animals, see Animal sexual behaviour. Depiction of anal sex on 510 BC Attic red figure … Wikipedia
Polyamory — Polyamorous redirects here. For the Breaking Benjamin song, see Polyamorous (song). The infinity heart is a widely used symbol of polyamory. … Wikipedia