- Tea bag (sexual act)
To tea bag is a slang term for the act of a man placing his scrotum in the mouth of a sexual partner or onto the face or head of another person. The practice resembles dipping a tea bag into a cup of tea when it is done in a repeated in-and-out motion. As a form of non-penetrative sex, it can be done for its own enjoyment or as foreplay.
Along with the penis, the scrotum is sensitive and considered to be an erogenous zone. This makes varying degrees of stimulation an integral part of oral sex for many men. It is an activity used within the context of BDSM and male dominance, with a dominant man tea bagging his submissive partner as a variation of facesitting or to inflict erotic humiliation. Although it may be unappealing to some, it does not need to be physically harmful or uncomfortable for the individual performing the oral stimulation.
Its gain in prominence has been attributed to its depiction in the film Pecker, which was released in 1998. It has since become popular enough with couples to be discussed during an episode of Sex and the City. Sex experts have praised various techniques that the performer can use during fellatio to increase their partner's pleasure. These include gently sucking and tugging on the scrotum and use of lips to ensure minimal contact with their teeth. It has also been recommended as a form of foreplay or safer sex.
According to columnist Dan Savage, the person whose scrotum is being stimulated is known as "the teabagger" and "the teabaggee" is the one giving the stimulation: "A teabagger dips sack; a teabaggee receives dipped sack." Sex and relationship experts have varying definitions on how the act is performed. Some consider the act to be as simple as fellatio involving the scrotum. Others consider the position to involve the man squatting over his reclined partner while the testicles are repeatedly raised and lowered into the mouth. Whether or not licking and fondling is considered tea bagging was once debated on the Howard Stern Show.
Tea bagging is not always carried out consensually such as when it is done as a practical joke. It has been used during hazing or bullying incidents with reports including groups holding down victims while the perpetrator "shoved his testicles in [the victim's] face" or puts his "crotch to his head."
Mimicking the act has become popular in multiplayer first person shooter video games. This is executed by the player who just killed an enemy running over to his corpse (if any) and repeatedly crouching in his opponent's face. This is done to humorously imply domination or humiliation. Although considered by some to be bad sportsmanship, its use is widespread throughout amateur and possibly even professional gaming.
In 2009, the right-leaning Tea Party movement formed in the United States, referencing the Boston Tea Party for its name. For the adherents of the Tea Party movement, the appellation "teabagger" emerged, prompting puns by politically-opposed commentators and protesters based on its sexual connotation.
- ^ MacLeod, Debra; MacLeod, Don (2009). Lip Service: A His and Hers Guide to the Art of Oral Sex & Seduction. Penguin Group. pp. 141–142. ISBN 9781585426966. http://books.google.com/books?id=htH8JeSH9XwC&pg=PA142&dq=tea%20bagging&cd=7#v=onepage&q=tea%20bagging&f=false.
- ^ Wietsma, Ashley (22 March 2007). "Make sure your bed is always comfortable". John Hopkins News-Letter. http://media.www.jhunewsletter.com/media/storage/paper932/news/2007/03/22/Features/Make-Sure.Your.Bed.Is.Always.Comfortable-2789021.shtml. Retrieved 24 March 2010.
- ^ a b Baker, Paul (2004). Fantabulosa: The Dictionary of Polari and Gay Slang (reprint ed.). Continuum International Publishing Group. pp. 201. ISBN 9780826473431. http://books.google.com/books?id=T72TJfZoywAC&pg=PP1&dq=tea-bag&cd=28#v=onepage&q=tea&f=false.
- ^ Gentry, Cynthia W. (2005). The Bedside Orgasm Book: 365 Days of Sexual Ecstasy. Fair Winds. p. 293. ISBN 1-59233-101-7. http://books.google.com/books?id=q8qtd61hoB8C&pg=PA293&dq=The+Bedside+Orgasm+Book:+365+Days+of+Sexual+Ecstasy+teabagging#v=onepage&q=&f=false.
- ^ Anderson, Dan (2002). Sex Tips for Gay Guys (reprint, illustrated ed.). Macmillan. p. 94. ISBN 9780312288730. http://books.google.com/books?id=_LIEYGxBZdgC&pg=PA94&dq=teabagging&cd=4#v=onepage&q=teabagging&f=false.
- ^ a b Paget, Lou (1999). How to be a great lover: girlfriend-to-girlfriend totally explicit techniques that will blow his mind. Random House. pp. 148, 151. ISBN 9780767902878.
- ^ "5 Fun Foreplay Positions". AskMen.com. http://www.askmen.com/dating/love_tip_250/275_love_tip.html. Retrieved 24 March 2010.
- ^ Fulbright, Yvonne K. (2003). The Hot Guide to Safer Sex. Hunter House. p. 217. ISBN 9780897934077. http://books.google.com/books?id=5WI9eS2Vh_wC&pg=PA217&dq=teabagging&cd=20#v=onepage&q=&f=false.
- ^ Savage, Dan (April 23, 2009). "Savage Love". The Stranger. http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove?oid=1473684. Retrieved April 19, 2010.
- ^ Marx, Eve (2004). What's Your Sexual IQ?. Citadel Press. p. 91. ISBN 9780806526102. http://books.google.com/books?id=UYTThJX7Vq8C&pg=PA85&dq=teabag&cd=5#v=twopage&q=teabagging&f=false.
- ^ DeKoven, Robert (9 March 2006). "Is forcible ‘tea-bagging’ just hazing?". Gay and Lesbian Times. http://www.gaylesbiantimes.com/?id=6927&issue=950. Retrieved 2009-11-02.
- ^ a b Linde, Aaron (25 January 2008). "Halo Inspires Schoolyard Bullies to Teabag Victims". Shacknews.com (from Asbury Park Press). http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50966. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- ^ "Legal Reader: Definition of Teabagging". http://www.legalreader.com/archives/003197.html. Retrieved 2007-05-20.
- ^ Najib, Aminy (September 22, 2008). "The Art and History of Tea Bagging". The Stony Brook Press. http://www.sbpress.com/2008/09/the-art-and-history-of-tea-bagging/. Retrieved April 15, 2010.
- ^ Linkins, Jason (15 April 2009). "'Tea-Bagging' Rallies Ruthlessly Mocked on Maddow Show". The Huffington Post. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/09/rachel-maddow-ana-marie-c_n_185445.html. Retrieved 30 May 2010.
- ^ "Cable Anchors, Guests Use Tea Parties as Platform for Frat House Humor". Fox News. April 16, 2009. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/16/cable-anchors-guests-use-tea-parties-platform-frat-house-humor/. Retrieved April 24, 2010.
Identity Law History Relationships
By country Sexual activitiesAnilingus · Anal sex · Ass to mouth · Bareback · BDSM · Circle jerk · Cock-and-ball torture · Creampie · Cum shot · Cybersex · Dirty talk · Facial · Felching · Fingering · Fisting · Gang bang · Group sex · Masturbation · Mechanics of sex · Non-penetrative sex (Mammary intercourse · Heavy petting · Handjob · Sumata) · Oral sex · Stimulation of nipples · Orgasm control · Pompoir · Quickie · Sex positions · Sexual intercourse (Foreplay) · Sex magic · Sexual penetration · Sexual sublimation · Snowballing · Tea bag · Venus Butterfly Sex industry Religion and sexuality Animal sexual behaviour · Human sexuality · Sexology · Sexual slang
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dirty Sanchez (sexual act) — For other uses, see Dirty Sanchez (disambiguation). Contents 1 Etymology 2 Veracity 3 Legal issues … Wikipedia
Creampie (sexual act) — This article is about a sexual slang term. For the food item, see Cream pie. Creampie, also known as internal ejaculation, internal cum shot and, in gay contexts, as breeding, is a term used in pornography to describe when a male ejaculates… … Wikipedia
Fingering (sexual act) — Self fingering Fingering is the manual manipulation of the clitoris, vulva, vagina, or anus for the purpose of sexual arousal and stimulation. It may constitute the entire sexual encounter or it may be part of mutual masturbation, foreplay or… … Wikipedia
Sexual assault — Classification and external resources Konstantin Makovsky, The Bulgarian martyresses, a painting depicting the atrocities of bashibazouks in Bulgaria during the Russo Turkish War (1877–1878) … Wikipedia
Sexual fetishism — Classification and external resources Foot fetishism is one of the most common fetishes ICD 10 F … Wikipedia
Tea Party movement — This article is about the movement. For the protest events themselves, see Tea Party protests. For the U.S. Congressional caucus, see Tea Party Caucus … Wikipedia
Sexual intercourse — Intromission redirects here. For other uses, see Intromission (disambiguation). Making love redirects here. For other uses, see Making love (disambiguation) … Wikipedia
Facial (sex act) — A facial is a term for the sexual activity in which a man ejaculates semen onto the face of one or more sexual partners. A facial is a form of non penetrative sex, though it is generally performed after some other means of sexual stimulation,… … Wikipedia
Snowballing (sexual practice) — Snowballing with a man. Snowballing is the human sexual practice in which one person takes another person s semen into his or her mouth and then swaps or passes it to the mouth of the other, or a third person, usually through kissing. … Wikipedia
Circle jerk (sexual practice) — Masturbation Techniques Anal masturbation · Autoeroticism Autofellatio … Wikipedia