- Sexual violence
R v Collins
Sexual assault in the U.S. military
2003 U.S. Air Force Academy sexual assault scandal
* Wishart, G.D. (2003). "The Sexual Abuse of People with Learning Difficulties: Do We Need A Social Model Approach To Vulnerability?", "Journal of Adult Protection", Volume 5 (Issue 3).
* [http://www.mencanstoprape.org/ MenCanStopRape.org]
* [http://www.rainn.org/ Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network] , the United States' largest anti-sexual assault organization.
* [http://www.sacc.to/ Sexual Assault Care Centre Scarborough] , An extensive resource for victims/survivors of sexual assault.
* [http://www.theawarenesscenter.org The Awareness Center, Inc. (Jewish Coalition Against Sexual Abuse/Assault)]
* [http://www.thesurvivorstrust.org The Survivors Trust] , Official website of The Survivors Trust, the largest network of specialist support services for victims of rape, sexual violence or sexual abuse throughout the UK and Ireland.
* [http://www.aftersilence.org/ After Silence] , online support group and forums and chat room for survivors of rape and sexual abuse, and their supporters.
* [http://www.pandys.org/ Pandora's Aquarium] , an online support group, message board, and chat room for sexual assault survivors and their supporters.
* [http://www.aafv.net/ Support for Victims and Their Family] , Support for Victims and Their Family
* [http://www.advocateweb.org/ Advocateweb.org] , Support and resources - Sexual abuse by Doctors and other Professionals
* [http://www.rainn.org/ National Sexual Assault Hotlines] , provide help by phone and online. Both are free, safe and confidential and operated by
Research and information
* [http://www.NotheRapeDocumentary.org/ Award Winning Documentary on Sexual Assault and Healing]
* [http://www.ibiblio.org/rcip/ Rape Crisis Information Pathfinder- research on sexual assault]
* [http://www.sexualassault.army.mil/ U.S. Army Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Program]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Sexual violence by intimate partners — In many countries a substantial proportion of women experiencing physical violence also experience sexual abuse. In Mexico and the United States, studies estimate that 40–52% of women experiencing physical violence by an intimate partner have… … Wikipedia
Initiatives to prevent sexual violence — As sexual violence affects all parts of society, the response to sexual violence is comprehensive. The responses can be categorized as:Individual approachesPsychological care and supportCounseling, therapy and support group initiatives have been… … Wikipedia
Causes of sexual violence — There is no single theory that conclusively explains the causes of sexual violence; the motives of perpetrators can be multi factorial and are the subject of debate. Researchers have attempted to explain the motivations in terms of socioeconomics … Wikipedia
Estimates of sexual violence — Surveys of victims of crime have been undertaken in many cities and countries, using a common methodology to aid comparability, and have generally included questions on sexual violence. The United Nations has conducted extensive surveys to… … Wikipedia
Factors associated with being a victim of sexual violence — One of the most common forms of sexual violence around the world is that which is perpetrated by an intimate partner, leading to the conclusion that one of the most important risk factors for people in terms of their vulnerability to sexual… … Wikipedia
UN Action Against Sexual Violence in Conflict — United Nations Action Against Sexual Violence in Conflict is an international body within the United Nation system. Its stated purpose is to unite the work of 12 UN entities with the goal of ending sexual violence in conflict. It is a concerted… … Wikipedia
National Sexual Violence Resource Center — The National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) identifies, develops and disseminates resources regarding all aspects of sexual violence prevention and intervention. Working in collaboration with state and territory sexual assault… … Wikipedia
Sexual assault — Classification and external resources Konstantin Makovsky, The Bulgarian martyresses, a painting depicting the atrocities of bashibazouks in Bulgaria during the Russo Turkish War (1877–1878) … Wikipedia
Violence against women — is a technical term used to collectively refer to violent acts that are primarily or exclusively committed against women. Similar to a hate crime, this type of violence targets a specific group with the victim s gender as a primary motive. The… … Wikipedia
Sexual slavery — refers to the organised coercion of persons into various different sexual practices: # forced prostitution # single owner sexual slavery # ritual slavery, sometimes associated with traditional religious practices # slavery for primarily non… … Wikipedia