- Commission for the Study of the Communist Dictatorship in Moldova
This article is part of the series:
Politics and government of
The Commission for the Study and Evaluation of the Communist Totalitarian Regime of the Republic of Moldova (Romanian: Comisia pentru studierea şi aprecierea regimului comunist totalitar din Republica Moldova) is a commission instituted in Moldova by acting President Mihai Ghimpu to investigate the Communist regime and provide a comprehensive report allowing for the condemnation of Communism as experienced by Moldova.
On January 14, 2010 Moldova’s Acting President, Speaker Mihai Ghimpu decreed to set up a special Commission for the Study and Evaluation of the Totalitarian Communist Regime in the Republic of Moldova. The commission aims at studying the crimes of Soviet regime in the former Moldavian SSR from 1940 to 1991. It will cover also the period before 1940 related to Moldavian ASSR established by Moscow on the left bank of Dniester River in 1924, on Ukrainian territory. The commission is mandated to deliver a report by June 1, 2010 and subsequently to publish several volumes of documents on the main aspectes related to communist terror in Soviet Moldavia as well as to other human rights infringements.
Commission is headed by historian Gheorghe E. Cojocaru, the vice presidents are Igor Caşu and Sergiu Musteaţă, and the secretary being Mihail Taşcă. Igor Caşu contributed to the Presidential Commission for the Study of the Communist Dictatorship in Romania.
The presidential decree no. 165 was issued according to resolutions 1096/1996 and 1481/2006 of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe and Art. 94 of the Constitution of Moldova (1994).
“ The press release on the establishment of the Commission for the study and evaluation the Moldovan Communist dictatorship is undoubtedly a historic moment. Interim President Mihai Ghimpu gesture proves vision, morality and political will. Official condemnation of the communist dictatorship as illegitimate and criminal became inevitable. In Moldova, anti-communism is not an illusion anymore. As well as in Romania or in other states where the Bolshevik recipe of destruction of human liberties has been applied. ”
The members of the Commission are:
- linguist Vasile Bahnaru,
- writer Vladimir Beşleagă,
- lawyer Ion Casian,
- economist Sergiu Chircă,
- political scientist Lilia Crudu,
- historian Andrei Cuşco,
- historian Demir Dragnev,
- historian Nicolae Enciu,
- historian Andrei Eşanu,
- political scientist Victor Juc,
- historian Alexandru Moşanu,
- historian Gheorghe Negru,
- sociologist Petru Negură,
- historian Viorica Olaru-Cemîrtan,
- historian Gheorghe Palade,
- historian Pavel Parasca,
- historian Anatol Petrencu,
- historian Elena Postică,
- philosophe Ion Sîrbu,
- jurist Andrei Smochină,
- historian Veaceslav Stăvilă,
- historian Igor Şarov,
- historian Ion Şişcanu,
- historian Ludmila Tihonov,
- historian Octavian Ţicu,
- historian Ion Varta
The commission is formed of 30 members, comprising doctors in history, sociology, philology, economics, philosophy and law. The commission will study and analyze the 1917-1991 period of the communist regime. The activity of Party of Communists of the Republic of Moldova during 2001–2009 years will be not covered by the report if only it will be proved that it perpetuated some practices of the former Communist Party of Moldova. According to its Statute adopted in 2008, article 1, the Party of Communists of the Republic of Moldova is a "lawful successor and heir of the Communist Party of [Soviet] Moldavia both in terms of ideas and traditions".
The Commission for the Study and Evaluation of the Communist Totalitarian Regime in Moldova met in its first session on January 17, when there were created 7 work groups in order to study the documents and the materials regarding the activity of the main institutions involved in the establishment and perpetuating the communist totalitarian regime in Moldova.
The Commission was to present its report to the President until June 1, 2010. It is supposed that the report will be adopted as an official document of the Moldovan Presidency and also endorsed by the ruling Alliance for European Integration, which holds 53 seats out of 101 seats in the Parliament.
Before that, on the 24th and 25 May 2010 the Commission organized an international conference in which took part historians of Communism, social scientists and journalists from Central and Eastern Europe, as well as other countries: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Russia, Germany, France and United States.
- ^ 165/14.01.2010 Decret privind constituirea Comisiei pentru studierea si aprecierea regimului comunist totalitar din Republica Moldova, Monitorul Oficial 5-7/3, 19.01.2010
- ^ Timpul, January 21, 2010, "Un moment istoric: Comisia de studiere a comunismului"
- Moldovan authorities going to condemn communist regime…
- Hundreds of thousands of cases to be examined by commission for combating Communism
- (Romanian) Preşedintele interimar al Republicii Moldova Mihai Ghimpu a emis un decret prezidenţial privind constituirea Comisiei pentru studierea şi aprecierea regimului comunist totalitar din Republica Moldova.
- http://www.privesc.eu/?p=1884 - The first press conference of the Commission, Moldpress, January 18, 2010. Video.
- http://www.timpul.md/article/2010/01/18/5881 - interview with Gheorghe Cojocaru, president of the Commission.
- (Romanian) Vladimir Tismăneanu, Un moment istoric: Comisia de studiere a comunismului
- http://www.europalibera.org/content/article/1931577.html - Pro and Contra
- http://www.alttv.md/index.php?option=com_mediaplayer1&id=235&title=In_Triunghi_10.flv&task=view, interview with Igor Caşu, vice president of the Commission, January 19, 2010
- http://www.flux.md/articole/8586/ - Condamnarea comunismului nu înseamnă scoaterea PCRM în afara legii, articol de Ecaterina Deleu
- http://www.e-democracy.md/files/parties/pcrm-statute-2008-ro.pdf - Statute of the Party of Communists of the Republic of Moldova, adopted on the 15th of March 2008.
- http://www.info-prim.md/?x=20&y=28559 - about the structure of the report, interview with Mihai Tasca.
- http://www.timpul.md/news/2010/02/08/6432 - Timpul: Începe Marea desecretizare!
- Andrei Cuşco: „Şansa practică pe care o oferă munca în cadrul Comisiei oricărui istoric este accesul neîngrădit la arhive şi desecretizarea urgentă şi totală a acestora”
- Igor Caşu: „Nu poţi să avansezi spre europenizare fără o voinţă fermă de distanţare de crimele şi încălcările flagrante ale dreptului omului din perioada sovietică”
- Petru Negură: „Îmi voi aduce contribuţia la studierea practicilor de „rezistenţă” ale populaţiei civile (şi ale intelectualilor) faţă de măsurile represive şi opresive aplicate de regimul sovietic”
- Lavinia Stan, A Breakthrough for Moldova: The Commission for the Study and Evaluation of the Totalitarian Communist Regime Thursday, Mar 18 2010 http://laviniastan.wordpress.com/2010/03/18/a-breakthrough-for-moldova-the-commission-for-the-study-and-evaluation-of-the- totalitarian-communist-regime/
- Interview with Igor Casu, vice-president of the Commission, in Russian: first part - http://enews.md/articles/view/266/,
- International Conference May 24–25, 2010: http://www.tv7.md/?page=news&id=21574&lang=ru&list=1; http://www.protv.md/stiri/jurnale-de-stiri/stirile-pro-tv-cu-sorina-obreja-25-05-10.html
Alliance for European Integration Topics Parties Cabinet PLDM MPs PL MPs PD MPs AMN MPsSerafim Urechean • Veaceslav Untilă • Ion Pleşca • Leonid Bujor • Vasile Balan • Iurie Colesnic • Veaceslav Platon • Valentin Chepteni Cojocaru
Anti-communism in Bessarabia and Northern Bukovina (1917-1991) Political entities EventsMolotov-Ribbentrop Pact • Soviet occupation of Bessarabia and Northern Bukovina • Romania during World War II • Political prisoners in Soviet Bessarabia and Northern Bukovina • Fântâna Albă massacre • Tatarka common graves • Deportation of Romanians in the Soviet Union • 13 June 1941 deportation • Operation Yug • Operation North • Bălţi POW camp • Moldavian famine (1946-1947) Anti-Soviet organizations Prisoners and dissidentsVictor Andreev • Alexandru Baltagă • Vladimir Bivol • Filimon Bodiu • Olimpiada Bodiu • Gheorghe Briceag • Constantin Condrat • Dumitru Crihan • Ion Codreanu • Alexandru Duca • Gheorghe Ghimpu • Valeriu Graur • Tudor Goncearencu • Pan Halippa • Ion Istrati • Nicole Istrati • Eufrosinia Kersnovskaya • Ion Moraru • Mihai Moraru • Mihai Moroşanu • Vasile Odobescu • Ion Pelivan • Vadim Pirogan • Andrei Sănduţă • Isidor Sârbu • Andrei Stoica • Alexandru Şoltoianu • Ilarion Tǎutu • Alexandru Usatiuc-Bulgǎr • Ion Vasilenco • Vasile Vâlcu • Victor Zâmbrea Passive dissidentism Persecutors Organisations, places, eventsCenaclul Mateevici • Literatura şi Arta • Mişcarea Democraticǎ • Popular Front of Moldova 1988-1991, people The political diasporaSee also Commission for the Study of the Communist Dictatorship in Moldova Moldova topics History Geography Cities and regions Law Politics Economy Military Demographics CultureSee also: Transnistria topics
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Presidential Commission for the Study of the Communist Dictatorship in Romania — The Presidential Commission for the Study of the Communist Dictatorship in Romania (Romanian: Comisia Prezidenţială pentru Analiza Dictaturii Comuniste din România), also known as the Tismăneanu Commission (Comisia Tismăneanu), is a commission… … Wikipedia
Communist Party of Moldova — For the present day party, see Party of Communists of the Republic of Moldova. Communist Party of Moldova Partidul Comunist al Moldovei Founded 1940 Dissolved August 1991 Succeeded by Party of Communists … Wikipedia
Commission for constitutional reform in Moldova — Moldova This article is part of the series: Politics and government of Moldova … Wikipedia
Moldova — This article is about the modern state. For the principality, see Moldavia. For other uses, see Moldova (disambiguation). Republic of Moldova Republica Moldova … Wikipedia
Communist Party of China — 中国共产党 Zhōngguó Gòngchǎndǎng The emblem of the Communist Party of China. General Secretary Hu Jintao … Wikipedia
Party of Communists of the Republic of Moldova — For the Soviet era party, see Communist Party of Moldova. Party of Communists of the Republic of Moldova Partidul Comuniştilor din Republica Moldova President Vladimir Voronin … Wikipedia
Alliance for European Integration — Formation August 8, 2009 (2009 08 08) Type Ruling Coalition Purpose/focus Governing in Moldova Headquarters Chişinău … Wikipedia
Memorial to the People Killed by Bolsheviks — Location Răzeni Designer Tudor Cataraga Completion date 2009 Opening date February 21, 2009 Dedicated to Victims of the Răzeni Massacre The Stone cross in the memory of the people killed by Bolsheviks (Romanian … Wikipedia
Criticisms of communist party rule — Part of the series on Communism … Wikipedia
Mass killings under Communist regimes — Part of the series on Communism … Wikipedia