- Jordanian military ranks
The Jordanian Armed Forces adopted its system of military ranks from the British armed forces. The ranks are very similar to their British counterparts, but they differ in their visual appearance.
Lower officer ranks
- 2nd Lieutenant "MOLAZIM THANI" (ملازم ثاني) is the junior officer and the first officer rank. It is portrayed by one star on the shoulder.
- 1st Lieutenant "MOLAZIM AWAL" (ملازم أول) is the second rank of officer. It is portrayed by two stars on the shoulder.
- Captain "NAQEEB" (نقيب) is the third rank of officer. They are portrayed by three stars on the shoulder.
- Major "RA'ED" (رائد) is the fourth of the officer ranks, it is portrayed by a crown.
- Lieutenant Colonel "MOQADDAM" (مقدم) is the junior grade for colonel, it is portrayed by a crown and a star.
- Colonel "AQEED" (عقيد) is the senior officer for the type of officers listed above. It is portrayed by two stars, a crown and red collar flashes
Upper officer ranks (generals)
- Brigadier General "AMID" (عميد) is the lowest general rank. They take command of the direct field operations and are directors of some corps. i.e. Royal maintenance corp. It is portrayed by three stars in a triangle shape with a crown above them, and red collar flashes along with other decorative signs.
- Major General "LIWA" (لواء) is the second highest general rank. They are usually responsible in the highest military positions with considerable military authority. It is portrayed by two Arabic swords crossing with a star above them, and red collar flashes along with other decorative signs.
- Lieutenant General "FAREEQ" (فريق) it is perhaps the rank with most of the general authority and responsibility. It is usually for direct assistants of the head of the joint chiefs of staff of the military. It is portrayed by two crossing Arabic swords with a crown above them, and red collar flashes along with other decorative signs.
- General or Full General "FAREEQ AWAL" (فريق أول) is usually the head of the joint chiefs of staff. After the king, he has the most authority over the military and is considered to be the most powerful general. It is portrayed by two Arabic swords crossing with a star and a crown above them and red collar flashes along with other decorative signs.
- Field Marshal "MOSHEER" (مشير) is the highest military rank and the commander-in-chief of the military. This rank is reserved for the king, or in very rare cases some of the head of joint chiefs of staff that had remarkable achievements. It is portrayed by two Arabic swords crossing with a crown above them and two wheat plants around them and red collar flashes along with other decorative signs.
- www.jaf.mil.jo (Army ranks)
- www.rjaf.mil.jo (Air Force officer ranks)
- www.rjaf.mil.jo (Air Force NCO ranks)
Military ranks and insignia by country Africa Americas Asia
Burma · People's Republic of China (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Republic of China · India (Army · Air Force · Navy) · Indonesia · Iran (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Iraq · Israel · Japan · Jordan · Korea · Lebanon · Pakistan · Saudi Arabia · Singapore · Sri Lanka (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Thailand · Vietnam
Former: Imperial Japan (Army · Navy)
Albania · Austria · Belgium · Bosnia and Herzegovina · Bulgaria · Croatia · Denmark (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Estonia · Finland · France (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Germany · Greece · Hungary · Iceland (Land Forces · Coast Guard) · Ireland (Army · Naval Service · Air Corps) · Italy (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Macedonia · Monaco · Netherlands · Norway · Poland · Portugal · Romania · Russia (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Serbia · Slovenia · Spain (Army · Navy · Air Force) · Sweden · Switzerland · Turkey · Ukraine · United Kingdom (Navy · Army · Air Force) · Vatican
Former: Austria–Hungary · East Germany · Nazi Germany (Volkssturm · SA · SS) · Kingdom of Greece (Army · Navy) · Soviet Union · Yugoslavia · Serbia and Montenegro
Oceania CommandCommander-in-chief · Ministry of Defence Forces History OtherMilitary ranks · King Abdullah Design and Development Bureau · Royal Jordanian Falcons
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of comparative military ranks — This article is a list of various states armed forces ranking designations. Comparisons are made between the different systems used by nations to categorize the hierarchy of an armed force compared to another. Several of these lists mention NATO… … Wikipedia
Jordanian Armed Forces — القوّات المسلّحة الاردنيّة Emblem of the Jordanian Armed Forces Founded … Wikipedia
Military Police Corps (Israel) — Military Police Corps Corps insignia Active 1944–present Country Israel … Wikipedia
Military beret — US Army Private wearing Black beret with Distinctive Unit Insignia (Unit Crest) on the US Army Beret Flash Berets have been a component of the uniforms of many armed forces throughout the world since the mid 20th century. Military berets are… … Wikipedia
Military operations conducted by the Israel Defense Forces — Since its establishment in 1948, the modern State of Israel has been involved in a series of military operations (in addition to seven recognized wars) which all compose the military aspect of the complex Arab Israeli conflict. The following list … Wikipedia
Royal Jordanian Land Force — is part of the Jordanian Armed forces (JAF).Historical BackgroundOn June 10, 1916 Sherif Hussien Bin Ali prince of Mecca, had officially declared the Great Arab Revolt against the Ottoman Empire for ridding Arab nations from the Turkish rule that … Wikipedia
Manhunt (military) — Manhunting is the deliberate identification, capturing, or killing of senior or otherwise important enemy combatants, classified as high value targets, usually by special operations forces and intelligence organizations. According to a 2008 study … Wikipedia
Royal Naval Force — Royal Navy Force القوة البحرية الاردنية Founded October 1920 Current form March 1956 … Wikipedia
Jordan — Infobox Country native name = المملكة الأردنية الهاشميه Al Mamlakah al Urdunniyyah al Hāšimiyyah ar icon conventional long name = The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan common name = Jordan national anthem = عاش الملك The Royal Anthem of Jordan… … Wikipedia
Hussein of Jordan — Infobox Jordanian Royalty|king name = Hussein I Arabic name = حسين بن طلال title = King of Jordan reign = August 11, 1952 ndash; February 7, 1999(age|1952|8|11|1999|2|7 years) coronation = predecessor = Talal I successor = Abdullah II spouse =… … Wikipedia