- Miles Kane
Miles Kane Birth name Miles Peter Kane Born 17 March 1986
The Wirral, Merseyside, England
Genres Indie rock, garage rock, Britpop, psychedelic rock, baroque pop, post-punk revival Occupations Musician, songwriter Instruments Guitar, vocals Years active 2004–Present Labels Domino
Columbia Records UK
Associated acts The Little Flames, The Rascals, The Last Shadow Puppets, Arctic Monkeys Website www.mileskane.com Notable instruments Fender Jaguar
Miles Peter Kane (born 17 March 1986) is an English musician originally from Meols on the Wirral near Liverpool, best known as the co-frontman of The Last Shadow Puppets and former frontman of The Rascals. He was formerly the vocalist and lead guitarist for The Rascals, but announced the band's break-up in August 2009.
The Little Flames
Aged 18, Kane joined The Little Flames as guitarist alongside Eva Petersen (Vocals), Greg Mighall (Drums), Joe Edwards (Bass) and Matt Gregory (Guitar) in December 2004. The band went on to be vaguely successful, achieving comparisons to The Coral and high profile fans such as the Arctic Monkeys. They also went on to tour with bands like The Coral, The Zutons, The Dead 60s and Arctic Monkeys. However, the band decided to go their separate ways following a dispute with their label over their musical direction.
Kane, on vocals and lead guitar, was joined by Greg Mighall on drums and Joe Edwards on bass guitar and occasional backing vocals. Kane took on the main songwriting duties for the band. The band, who have known each other from childhood, continued where The Little Flames left off; they signed with Deltasonic Records again, only with fewer members this time. They were adamant to keep their own distinct sound of 'awesome rockin beats' with a 'psychedelic quirk' and a 'compelling and unique dark underlying spirit'1. They released their debut EP in December 2007, just 7 months after they got together. Entitled Out of Dreams it featured 4 tracks, but did not achieve chart success. Yet they soon became tipped to be one of the bands of 2008, championed in particular by NME, following a well received support slot on Arctic Monkeys' 2007 tour. Their first album 'Rascalize' was released on 23 June 2008. The Rascals have a small role in the film Awaydays playing an Echo & the Bunnymen cover. Miles also has several lines such as "Sorry, I have to help the guys with the gear." He left The Rascals in August 2009.
The Last Shadow Puppets
Whilst touring with the Arctic Monkeys, Kane developed a strong friendship with front man Alex Turner. They shared a love of the same musical influences, such as Nick Cave. The pair began to play together backstage, and soon began writing new tracks. They realized that there was a future in their songwriting partnership, and the Last Shadow Puppets were born.
The duo decided to travel to the West Coast of France with producer James Ford where they recorded their debut album The Age of the Understatement in just two weeks. Their album went straight to number 1 in the UK Album Charts with the single of the same name reaching number 1 in the Indie Single Charts, and subsequent singles also reaching high spots. They first played together live in the UK, doing a secret set at Glastonbury with a special guest appearance from Jack White, whom Kane lent his iPod to so White could learn the solo. The band's album narrowly missed out on the Nationwide Mercury Music Prize, but thus far they have won the Mojo Breakthrough Award, and have also been nominated for various other accolades.
In early 2009, after his last tour with The Rascals, Kane left the band to focus on a solo career. He then signed with Columbia Records and began recording his solo album with Dan Carey and Dan the Automator, who had previously worked with Gorillaz and Kasabian.
Kane's debut single, "Inhaler" was released on 22 November 2010, and he did a series of solo shows throughout November, as well as supporting The Courteeners at several shows in December. He then continued solo performances in January and February, before supporting Beady Eye at eight shows in March. Kane released another single, "Come Closer" on 20 February 2011, reaching #85 on the UK Singles Chart.
"Rearrange", the lead single for his debut album, was released on 27 March 2011 and reached #149 on the UK Singles Chart. The album, titled Colour of the Trap, was released on 9 May 2011. One track, "My Fantasy" features backing vocals from Noel Gallagher, while another, "Happenstance" is a duet between Kane and French actress Clémence Poésy. Half of the tracks on the album were co-written by Alex Turner, Kane's partner in The Last Shadow Puppets.
It was also announced on the 19th of October 2011 that Miles is to support Kasabian on their UK tour in December 2011.
The live band include Ben Parsons and Phil Anderson from Cherry Ghost and also Jay Sharrock, whose father is Chris Sharrock, former drummer in The Icicle Works, The La's, Robbie Williams, Oasis (2008-2009) and the current drummer in Beady Eye.
- Eugene McGuinness – vocals/rhythm guitar
- Jay Sharrock – drums
- Ben Parsons – keyboards
- Phill Anderson – bass guitar
Album Title Album details Peak chart positions UK
Colour of the Trap 11 35 27 61 38 76
Album Title Album details Live at iTunes Festival: London 2011 * Released: 6 July 2011
- Label: Sony Music
- Format: iTunes download
Year Single Peak chart positions Album UK
2010 "Inhaler" 171 — — — Colour of the Trap 2011 "Come Closer" 85 — 73 75 "Rearrange" 149 53 79 —
- ^ http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/26afaedd-e99c-45b2-b7f9-6c4c2b33d90c
- ^ "teletext.co.uk". http://www.teletext.co.uk/planetsound/news/027b818261992950296927c0b22d37da/Rascals+singer+quits.aspx.
- ^ "Interview with Irish Independent". http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/day-and-night/qampa-last-shadow-puppets-miles-kane-2427365.html. Retrieved 4 December 2010.
- ^ "Interview with BBC Newsbeat". http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/11912125. Retrieved 7 December 2010.
- ^ "Miles Kane to support Beady Eye". http://www.musicrooms.net/alternative/24422-miles-kane-to-support-beady-eye.html. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- ^ "Chart Stats - Miles Kane - Come Closer". Chart Stats. http://www.chartstats.com/release.php?release=49980. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- ^ "CHART LOG UK: NEW ENTRIES UPDATE". Chart Log UK. http://www.zobbel.de/cluk/110514cluk.txt. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- ^ "Interview with Nick Grimshaw 23/11/10". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svLNsaAXq8c. Retrieved 4 December 2010.
- ^ "Columbia Records News - New Single - Come Closer". http://www.columbia.co.uk/news/19132/0/. Retrieved 8 December 2010.
- ^ "Miles Kane reveals new Noel Gallagher album collaborations". NME. http://www.nme.com/news/miles-kane/53970. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- ^ "Miles Kane: Clemence is my Bardot". Belfast Telegraph. http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/miles-kane-clemence-is-my-bardot-15150355.html. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- ^ "Miles Kane to support Arctic Monkeys at Sheffield gigs!". Miles Kane.org. http://mileskane.org/2011/02/miles-kane-to-support-arctic-monkeys-at-sheffield-gigs/. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- ^ "Stereoboard.com - Tour News - Miles Kane". http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/162574/121. Retrieved 9 December 2010.
- ^ "Chart Stats - Miles Kane - Colour Of The Trap". Chart Stats. http://www.chartstats.com/release.php?release=50254. Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- ^ a b "Eric Saade - Belgium (Flanders) Charts". ultratop.be/nl/ Hung Medien. http://www.ultratop.be/nl/showinterpret.asp?interpret=Miles+Kane.
- ^ a b "Eric Saade - Belgium (Wallonia) Charts". ultratop.be/fr/ Hung Medien. http://www.ultratop.be/fr/showinterpret.asp?interpret=Miles+Kane.
- ^ "Eric Saade - Dutch Charts". dutchcharts.nl/ Hung Medien. http://dutchcharts.nl/showinterpret.asp?interpret=Miles+Kane.
- ^ a b "Eric Saade - French Charts". lescharts.com/ Hung Medien. http://lescharts.com/showinterpret.asp?interpret=Miles+Kane.
- ^ "Eric Saade - Swiss Charts". lescharts.com/ Hung Medien. http://hitparade.ch/showinterpret.asp?interpret=Miles+Kane.
- ^ Peak positions for singles in the UK:
- Official website
- Miles Kane on Twitter
- Miles Kane on Facebook
- Miles Kane.org Fansite
- Miles Kane Forum
Singles"Inhaler" · "Come Closer" · "Rearrange" Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Miles Kane — Datos generales Nombre real Miles Peter Kane Nacimiento 17 de marzo de 1986 Origen Wirral, Inglaterra … Wikipedia Español
Miles kane — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Kane. Miles Kane, né le 17 mars 1986, est le leader du groupe anglais The Rascals. Il fait également partie du duo The Last Shadow Puppets avec son ami Alex Turner des Arctic Monkeys. Biographie Cette section est … Wikipédia en Français
Miles Kane — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Kane. Miles Kane en concert (2011) Miles Kane, né le 17 mars 1986, était le leader du groupe … Wikipédia en Français
Kane — bezeichnet: Kāne (Mann), den höchsten hawaiischen Gott Kane (Band), eine niederländische Rockband Kane (Wrestler) (Glen Thomas Jacobs; * 1967), US amerikanischer Wrestler Christian Kane, eine amerikanische Band Kane ist der Name folgender antiker … Deutsch Wikipedia
Kane — Pour les articles homophones, voir Cain, Ken et Khên. Cette page d’homonymie répertorie les différents sujets et articles partageant un même nom. Kane peut se référer à : Sommaire … Wikipédia en Français
Kane — Kane, IL U.S. village in Illinois Population (2000): 459 Housing Units (2000): 185 Land area (2000): 0.541405 sq. miles (1.402232 sq. km) Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km) Total area (2000): 0.541405 sq. miles (1.402232 sq.… … StarDict's U.S. Gazetteer Places
Miles Copeland (Home and Away) — Miles Copeland Home and Away character Portrayed by Josh Quong Tart Jackson Edwards (Flashback) Ryley Mickle (Flashback) Introduced by J … Wikipedia
Kane, IL — U.S. village in Illinois Population (2000): 459 Housing Units (2000): 185 Land area (2000): 0.541405 sq. miles (1.402232 sq. km) Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km) Total area (2000): 0.541405 sq. miles (1.402232 sq. km) FIPS… … StarDict's U.S. Gazetteer Places
Kane, PA — U.S. borough in Pennsylvania Population (2000): 4126 Housing Units (2000): 1993 Land area (2000): 1.560654 sq. miles (4.042075 sq. km) Water area (2000): 0.000000 sq. miles (0.000000 sq. km) Total area (2000): 1.560654 sq. miles (4.042075 sq. km) … StarDict's U.S. Gazetteer Places
Kane (Command \x26 Conquer) — Kane (Command Conquer) Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Kane es un prominente personaje ficticio procedente de la saga de juegos de ordenador Command Conquer de estrategia en tiempo real, perteneciente a la empresa Westwood Studios, y es el genio… … Wikipedia Español