- Cheboygan State Park
Cheboygan State Park Location Benton Township
Cheboygan County, Michigan
Nearest city Cheboygan, Michigan Coordinates Coordinates: Area 1.95 mi² (5.06 km²) Governing body Michigan Department of Natural Resources Website Official website
Cheboygan State Park is a 1,250-acre (5.1 km2) state park in Cheboygan County, Michigan. Lighthouse enthusiasts can see the remains of the 1859 Cheboygan Point Light plus a distant view of Lake Huron's Poe Reef Light, some six miles to the northeast.
The park offers trails ranging in length from one-half mile to one and three-quarters miles for hikers, mountain bikers, and cross-country skiers. Trails both skirt Lake Huron and plunge into the remoter interior areas.
Facilities and activities
- Cross-country skiing
- Fishing: Anglers will find fish on Duncan Bay and in Little Billy Elliot Creek.
- Boating: A carry-in launch site offers access to Duncan Bay.
- Picnic Area
- Picnic Shelter
- Camping: Campers can take advantage of 76 modern campsites, three rustic cabins and one tepee.
- Metal Detecting: Metal detecting is recognized as a legitimate recreational activity when it is conducted in ways that do not damage natural and cultural resources nor violate applicable state statutes. Use a map that shows clearly where this activity may take place. Any items found must be reviewed by park staff and may be retained for further investigation.
- Cheboygan State Park - Michigan DNR
- Protected Planet (World Database on Protected Areas) - Cheboygan State Park
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Aloha State Park — Infobox protected area | name = Aloha State Park iucn category = caption = locator x = locator y = location = Michigan, USA nearest city = Cheboygan, Michigan lat degrees = 45 lat minutes = 30 lat seconds = 23 lat direction = N long degrees = 84… … Wikipedia
Maybury State Park — Park office, Beck Road entrance … Wikipedia
Hoffmaster State Park — IUCN Category V (Protected Landscape/Seascape) Parabolic dune in Hoffmaster State Park. Note damage to dune grass on unauthorized trail in center of … Wikipedia
McLain State Park — Sign on M 203 … Wikipedia
Muskegon State Park — South West view of the Blockhouse … Wikipedia
Mears State Park — Mears State Park … Wikipedia
Mitchell State Park — William Mitchell State Park is a state park in Cadillac, Michigan. The park is one of the more popular camping destinations in northern lower Michigan. It is located between Lake Mitchell and Lake Cadillac. A historic canal, approximately one… … Wikipedia
Newaygo State Park — Newaygo State Park … Wikipedia
Negwegon State Park — IUCN Category V (Protected Landscape/Seascape) … Wikipedia
Onaway State Park — Onaway State Park … Wikipedia