- North Higgins Lake State Park
North Higgins Lake State Park Location Lower Peninsula, Crawford County, Michigan USA Nearest city Roscommon, Michigan Coordinates Coordinates: Area 429 acres (174 ha) Governing body Michigan Department of Natural Resources Official website
North Higgins Lake State Park is a 429-acre (174 ha) state park located in Beaver Creek Township, Crawford County, just northwest of Roscommon, Michigan. It is located on the north shore of Higgins Lake and on what was once the world's largest seedling nursery.
Facilities and activities
- Hiking: Eleven miles of trail wend their way through state forest land adjacent to the park.
- Cross-country skiing: The park offers access to 11 miles of groomed ski trails.
- Picnic Area
- Picnic Shelter
- Camping: The park has 174 modern campsites in two campgrounds and a mini cabin.
- The Ralph A. MacMullan Conference Center, located adjacent to the park, is available for rental by government agencies, educational groups and other nonprofit organizations.
- The Civilian Conservation Corps Museum, Roscommon, also located next to the park, documents the role of the Civilian Conservation Corps in Michigan from 1933 to 1942 when more than 100,000 young Michigan men performed a variety of conservation and reforestation efforts. Exhibits tell the story of how the Michigan CCC planted 484 million trees, spent 140,000 days fighting forest fires and constructed 7,000 miles of truck trails, 504 bridges and 222 buildings. The Michigan state park system carries many examples of their work still in use today, including the MacMullan Conference Center.
- North Higgins Lake State Park Michigan Department of Natural Resources
- North Higgins Lake State Park Protected Planet (World Database on Protected Areas)
- Ralph A. MacMullan Conference Center Michigan Department of Natural Resources
- Civilian Conservation Corps Museum, Roscommon Michigan Department of Natural Resources
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Muskallonge Lake State Park — Muskallonge Lake State Park, MI in late July 2007 Muskallonge Lake State Park … Wikipedia
Duck Lake State Park — Duck Lake State Park … Wikipedia
Craig Lake State Park — Craig Lake State Park … Wikipedia
Clear Lake State Park (Michigan) — Clear Lake State Park … Wikipedia
Otsego Lake State Park — Otsego Lake State Park … Wikipedia
Coldwater Lake State Park — Coldwater Lake State Park … Wikipedia
Higgins Lake, Michigan — Higgins Lake is a small unincorporated community along the southern and western shores of Higgins Lake, a recreational and fishing lake in Roscommon County, in the U.S. state of Michigan. Higgins Lake is the name of the post office for the area,… … Wikipedia
Higgins Lake — Infobox lake lake name = Higgins Lake image lake = Michigan s Higgins Lake.jpg caption lake = from South State park beach image bathymetry = caption bathymetry = location = Michigan coords = type = inflow = springs , precipitation , streams… … Wikipedia
Historic Mill Creek State Park — For Mill Creek Park, Ohio, see Mill Creek Park. Historic Mill Creek State Park The Historic Sawmill … Wikipedia
Dodge No. 4 State Park — Dodge #4 State Park … Wikipedia