- Matsubara, Osaka
— City —
Osaka Coordinates: Coordinates: Country Japan Region Kansai Prefecture Osaka Government - Mayor Takanori Nakano Area - Total 16.66 km2 (6.4 sq mi) Population (January 1, 2010 estimate) - Total 124,474 - Density 7,470/km2 (19,347.2/sq mi) Time zone Japan Standard Time (UTC+9) City symbols - Tree Pine (Matsu) - Flower Rose (Bara) Phone number 072-334-1550 Address 1-1-1 Ao, Matsubara-shi, Ōsaka-fu
Website Matsubara City
Hannan University is located in Matsubara. Hannan University is a mid-sized liberal arts university with a focus on business and technology.
The Yamato, Nishi-Yoke, and Higashi-Yoke rivers flow through Matsubara.
In the 5th century AD, Emperor Hanzei is believed to have had his palace, Tajihi Shibagaki-no-Miya (丹比柴籬宮) in the area. The area that now comprises Matsubara was located in the historical Kawachi Province, which is still considered the (non-municipal) subregion to which it belongs. During the Edo Period, Matsubara was the administrative center of the Tannan Domain (丹南藩, -han), whose Tannan Encampment was located in present-day Tannan, Matsubara City.
- 1889 (Meiji 22), April 1: The villages of Matsubara, Amami, Nunose, Miyake, and Ega are designated as part of Tanboku District.
- 1896 (Meiji 29), April 1: Naka-Kawachi District is created, consolidated from the former districts of Tanboku, Takayasu, Ōgata, Kawachi, Wakae, and Shibukawa. The above villages thus become part of Naka-Kawachi District.
- 1942 (Shōwa 17), July 1: The village of Matsubara is promoted to Town status, becoming Matsubara-chō, Naka-Kawachi District.
- 1947 (Shōwa 22), January 1: The village of Amami is promoted to Town status, becoming Amami-chō, Naka-Kawachi District.
- 1955 (Shōwa 30), February 1: The towns of Matsubara and Amami, along with the villages of Nunose, Miyake, and Ega, are consolidated into Matsubara City, Osaka Prefecture's 21st city.
- 1957 (Shōwa 32)
- 1964 (Shōwa 39): The Kita-Wakabayashi area is made part of Yao City.
- Tsukigase-mura, Yamabe District, Nara (now part of Nara City)
- Friendship agreement since September 7, 1985
- Matsubara official website (Japanese)
Osaka Prefecture wards of Osaka (capital city) wards of Sakai Other cities Minamikawachi District Mishima District Senboku District Sennan District Toyono District
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Matsubara — shi 松原市 Geographische Lage in Japan … Deutsch Wikipedia
Matsubara (disambiguation) — Matsubara may refer to: Matsubara, Osaka, a city located in Japan Sociedade Esportiva Matsubara, a Brazilian football club This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an intern … Wikipedia
Osaka Prefecture — Japanese transcription(s) – Japanese 大阪府 – Rōmaji Ōsaka fu … Wikipedia
Osaka Prefectural Board of Education — is a branch of the government of Osaka Prefecture, Japan. The board supervises individual municipal school systems and directly operates public high schools in Osaka prefecture. Contents 1 Schools operated by the prefecture 1.1 High schools… … Wikipedia
Ōsaka — shi 大阪市 Geographische Lage in Japan … Deutsch Wikipedia
Osaka — 大阪市 Ōsaka shi Geographische Lage in Japan … Deutsch Wikipedia
Ôsaka — 大阪市 Ōsaka shi Geographische Lage in Japan … Deutsch Wikipedia
Ōsaka Abenobashi Station — Abenobashi redirects here. For the anime, see Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. Ōsaka Abenobashi Station 大阪阿部野橋駅 Osaka Abenobashi Station (July 2004) … Wikipedia
Osaka — For other uses, see Osaka (disambiguation). Osaka 大阪 Designated city 大阪市 · Osaka City … Wikipedia
Ōsaka-Kōbe metropolitan area — ▪ urban industrial agglomeration, Japan Introduction second largest urban and industrial agglomeration in Japan, located on Ōsaka Bay in west central Honshu at the eastern end of the Inland Sea. The cities of Ōsaka and Kōbe are at the centre of… … Universalium