- Still Feels Good
Still Feels Good Studio album by Rascal Flatts Released September 25, 2007 Genre Country
Length 54:13 (Main CD)
18:45 (Bonus CD)
Label Lyric Street Producer Dann Huff Rascal Flatts chronology Me and My Gang
Still Feels Good
Greatest Hits Volume 1
Singles from Still Feels Good
Still Feels Good is the title of the fifth studio album released by the American country music group Rascal Flatts. It was released September 25, 2007 on Lyric Street Records. It sold 2,192,000 copies in the United States up to May 2009 and was certified 2× Platinum by the RIAA.
The album has produced five singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts. The first of these singles, "Take Me There", was co-written by Kenny Chesney, and reached Number One on the country charts in mid-2007. Following it were "Winner at a Losing Game" and "Every Day", both of which peaked at number 2 on the same chart, and "Bob That Head" which peaked at number 15. "Here", the album's fifth single, was released in September 2008 which became their second Number One hit from the album.
No. Title Writer(s) Length 1. "Take Me There" Kenny Chesney, Wendell Mobley, Neil Thrasher 4:26 2. "Here" Steve Robson, Jeffrey Steele 3:55 3. "Bob That Head" Michael Dulaney, Gary LeVox, Thrasher 4:02 4. "Help Me Remember" Edward Hill, Luke Laird, Hillary Lindsey 4:12 5. "Still Feels Good" LeVox, Thrasher, Mobley 3:55 6. "Winner at a Losing Game" LeVox, Jay DeMarcus, Joe Don Rooney 4:48 7. "No Reins" DeMarcus, Thrasher, Mobley 3:21 8. "Every Day" Alissa Moreno, Steele 4:15 9. "Secret Smile" Don Mescall, Robson 3:49 10. "Better Now" Gregory Becker, Darrell Brown, busbee 3:08 11. "She Goes All the Way" (featuring Jamie Foxx) DeMarcus, LeVox, Rooney, Monty Powell 4:00 12. "How Strong Are You Now" Mobley, Thrasher, Tony Martin 3:51 13. "It's Not Supposed to Go Like That" Bobby Pinson, Jimmy Yeary 6:31Total length: 54:13
As listed in liner notes.
- Jay DeMarcus – bass guitar on all tracks, piano on "Better Now", background vocals on all tracks
- Gary LeVox – lead vocals
- Joe Don Rooney – electric and acoustic guitars, background vocals
- Bruce Bouton – steel guitar
- Tom Bukovac – electric guitar
- Eric Darken – percussion
- Dan Dugmore – steel guitar
- Paul Franklin – steel guitar
- Tony Harrell – keyboards
- Dann Huff – electric guitar, acoustic guitar, 12-string guitar, mandolin, banjo, bouzouki
- Charlie Judge – piano, keyboards, percussion, organ, synthesizers, synth strings, drum loops
- Chris McHugh – drums
- Gordon Mote – piano, keyboards
- Jonathan Yudkin – fiddle, mandolin, banjo
String section on "Every Day"
- Larry Corbett, Suzie Katayama, Timothy Landauer – cellos
- Roland Kato – viola
- Charlie Bisharat, Larry Greenfield, Alan Grunfeld, Julian Hallmark, Natalie Leggett, Alyssa Park, Vladimir Poliatidi, Michele Richards, Philip Vaiman, Josefina Vergara, John Wittenberg, Ken Yerke – violins
Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating Allmusic  Entertainment Weekly C People  Rolling Stone  The 9513 
Critical response was mixed for the album. Giving the album three out of four stars, People magazine said "these boys know how to give today's country-pop fans what they want." Rolling Stone said "These Buffett-style party boys know what makes them the biggest group alive: songs about trucks and songs about girls," and gave the album three out of five stars. Stephen Thomas Erlewine of Allmusic, who also gave the album a three-out-of-five rating, said "Everything on Still Feels Good sounds fine[…]but few songs stand out and grab attention".
Jim Malec of The 9513 gave the album a one-star rating out of five, describing it as a "vanilla" effort in which "[e]very song sounds just about the same[…] whiny power ballads with a single, nonsensical up-tempo ("Bob That Head") thrown into the mix". Entertainment Weekly critic Ken Tucker gave the album a C rating, saying "this is emo-country arena rock with a (slight) twang[…]the music of Still Feels Good presents not beautiful losers but manipulative wimps."
The album sold 547,000 copies in its first week of release, topping both the U.S. Country Album chart and the Billboard 200. It is their third consecutive album to hit number one in the U.S. After one week at number one, it fell to number two with about 168,000 copies sold. Still Feels Good sold 2,192,000 copies in the United States up to May 2009 was certified 2× Platinum by the RIAA.
Chart (2007) Peak
Canadian Albums Chart 3 U.S. Billboard 200 1 U.S. Top Country Albums 1
Still Feels Good has produced five singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts. The first single, "Take Me There" (which was co-written by Kenny Chesney, who had originally planned to record it himself) spent three weeks at Number One. Shortly after the album's release, the bonus track "Revolution" (a cover of The Beatles song) reached number 57 based on unsolicited airplay. Following "Take Me There" was "Winner at a Losing Game", the first single of Rascal Flatts' career to be written exclusively by the group's three members. Both it and the third single, "Every Day", reached number 2. "Bob That Head", which was the fourth single, was also the first country single of the group's career to miss the Top Ten, peaking at number 15. "Here" followed in September 2008 and it became their ninth Number One single in January 2009.
Year Single Peak chart positions US Country US US
CAN 2007 "Take Me There" 1 19 33 49 "Winner at a Losing Game" 2 52 — 57 2008 "Every Day" 2 45 85 65 "Bob That Head" 15 102 — — "Here" 1 50 — 80 "—" denotes releases that did not chart
Region Certification United States (RIAA) 2× Platinum
In August 2008, veteran New York, New York songwriter D.L. Byron sued Rascal Flatts, their producers, and the Disney Music Group for copyright infringement, arguing that "No Reins" took from his song "Shadows of the Night", written for Pat Benatar in 1982. Byro told The New York Post that "[i]t's just too much, too strikingly similar... They'd have to have a tremendous lapse of memory not to realize what they were doing. It's my contention there's willful infringement." Lawyers for band member Joe Don Rooney have responded, "To the extent that 'No Reins' shares any similarities with the plaintiff's alleged copyrighted work, any such similarities between the two works are the result of coincidence and/or the use of common or trite ideas". New York University Law School professor and intellectual property expert Rochelle Dreyfuss has remarked that "[t]hey certainly sound alike" and compared to situation to The Chiffons' famously successful case against George Harrison.
- ^ What Sold the Most
- ^ (2007) Album notes for Still Feels Good by Rascal Flatts. Lyric Street Records (000038402).
- ^ a b Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Still Feels Good review". Allmusic. http://www.allmusic.com/album/r1183655. Retrieved 2008-03-27.
- ^ a b Tucker, Ken. "Still Feels Good review". Entertainment Weekly. http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20144970,00.html. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- ^ a b Arnold, Chuck (2007-10-15), "Still Feels Good". People. 68 (16):49
- ^ a b Sheffield, Rob (2007-10-18), "Still Feels Good". Rolling Stone(1037):127
- ^ a b Malec, Jim (2007-09-25). "Rascal Flatts - "Still Feels Good"". The 9513. http://www.the9513.com/rascal-flatts-still-feels-good/. Retrieved 2008-07-08.
- ^ Hasty, Katie (2007-10-03). "Rascal Flatts Races To No. 1 In Debut-Heavy Week". Billboard magazine. http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003650421. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
- ^ Katie Hasty, "Springsteen Is Boss Of Album Chart With 'Magic'", Billboard.com, October 10, 2007.
- ^ Trust, Gary (2009-05-01). "What Sold The Most". Billboard (magazine). http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/ask-bb/ask-billboard-1003968623.story. Retrieved 2009-05-05. [dead link]
- ^ a b "Rascal Flatts - Artist Chart History". Billboard.com. Retrieved October 23, 2007.
- ^ "American album certifications – Rascal Flatts – Still Feels Good". Recording Industry Association of America. http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?artist=%22Still+Feels+Good%22. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH
- ^ Li, David K. (February 11, 2009). "NY SONGWRITER: RASCAL FLATTS STOLE MY TUNE". The New York Post. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/regional/item_wrDPZHbce5hQ69VxWye8LL;jsessionid=C8EEAA3869E2621F53F82141F6258091#ixzz0cvOioHRN. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- ^ Marconette, Jaime (February 20, 2009). "Did Rascal Flatts Rip Off Pat Benatar?". americansongwriter.com. http://www.americansongwriter.com/2009/02/did-rascal-flatts-rip-off-pat-benatar/. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
Reba: Duets by Reba McEntire
Top Country Albums number-one album
October 13 - November 3, 2007
Carnival Ride by Carrie Underwood
Billboard 200 number-one album
October 13, 2007
Magic by Bruce Springsteen
Studio albums Compilation albums Live albumsThe Best of Rascal Flatts Live Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
good — good1 [ gud ] (comparative better [ betər ] ; superlative best [ best ] ) adjective *** ▸ 1 of high quality/standard ▸ 2 able to do something well ▸ 3 with qualities to do something ▸ 4 honest & morally correct ▸ 5 giving pleasant feeling ▸ 6… … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
good — I UK [ɡʊd] / US adjective Word forms good : adjective good comparative better UK [ˈbetə(r)] / US [ˈbetər] superlative best UK [best] / US *** 1) of a high quality or standard We saw a really good film last night. They were all dressed in their… … English dictionary
Still Standing (Monica album) — Still Standing Studio album by Monica Released … Wikipedia
Good News (musical) — Infobox Musical name= Good News subtitle= caption= Original 1927 Broadway Program music= Ray Henderson lyrics= B.G. DeSylva Lew Brown book= Laurence Schwab B.G. DeSylva basis= productions= 1927 Broadway 1930 Film 1947 Film 1974 Broadway revival… … Wikipedia
Good Neighbor Sam — Infobox Film | name =Good Neighbor Sam caption =VHS cover director = David Swift producer = David Swift writer = Jack Finney (novel) starring =Jack Lemmon Romy Schneider Dorothy Provine Mike Connors cinematography = Burnett Guffey music = Frank… … Wikipedia
Good News Week — Infobox Television show name = Good News Week caption = The opening titles of the 2008 season of Good News Week show name 2 = GNW genre = director = Martin Coombes writer = Ian Simmons, Simon Dodd, Bruce Griffiths, Dave Bloustien, Warwick Holt,… … Wikipedia
Good Will Hunting — Infobox Film name = Good Will Hunting caption= original film poster imdb id = 0119217 producer = Lawrence Bender director = Gus Van Sant writer = Matt Damon Ben Affleck starring = Matt Damon Robin Williams Ben Affleck Minnie Driver Stellan… … Wikipedia
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly — Infobox Film name = The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Il Buono, il Brutto, il Cattivo) caption = Original American movie poster director = Sergio Leone producer = Alberto Grimaldi writer = Story: Sergio Leone Luciano Vincenzoni Screenplay: Age… … Wikipedia
The Good Guys (2010 TV series) — For other uses, see The Good Guys (disambiguation). The Good Guys The Good Guys promotional logo Genre Police procedural Action comedy … Wikipedia
List of Still Game characters — The following is a list of regular and semi recurring characters from the BBC Scotland sitcom Still Game. Contents 1 Main characters 2 Recurring characters 3 Guest and One off Characters 4 … Wikipedia