Nimitz can refer to:
- Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz USN, (1885 – 1966)
- or various things named in honor of Adm. Nimitz:
- Nimitz class aircraft carrier of US Navy aircraft carrier
- USS Nimitz (CVN-68), the lead ship of the above class
- Nimitz High School, Houston, Texas
- Nimitz High School, Irving, Texas
- Nimitz Elementary School, Sunnyvale, California
- Interstate 880, a.k.a. the Nimitz Freeway
- Hawaii Route 92, a.k.a. the Nimitz Highway
- Nimitz Hill - A hill on Guam three miles from the international airport. On August 7, 1997, Korean Air Flight 801 crashed here carrying 254 people. Only 26 survived.
- Nimitz, West Virginia
- Nimitz Glacier
- Nimitz Strike Group
- Nimitz Museum
- Nimitz Class, a naval thriller published in 1997 by Patrick Robinson
- Chester "Chet" William Nimitz, Jr. (1915 - 2002), an American officer and submarine commander
- Jack Nimitz (1930 – 2009), American musician
- Related surnames
- Niemiec, Niemietz (Niemetz (de), Niemitz (de)) (< Polish: Niemiec)
- Niemz (Nimz, Nimtz (de)) (< Upper Sorbian: němc, Lower Sorbian: nimc)
- Nemetz (de)
This page or section lists people with the surname Nimitz, Nimmitz. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.