- North American XSN2J
XSN2J-1 Role Trainer aircraft National origin United States Manufacturer North American Aviation Status Cancelled Primary user United States Navy Number built 2 Developed into T-28 Trojan
The North American XSN2J-1, also known by the company designation NA-142, was developed for the U.S. Navy by North American Aviation as a replacement for the SNJ Texan as an advanced scout-trainer. Designed in competition with the Fairchild XNQ, neither aircraft was considered satisfactory in evaluations. However, the XSN2J was later developed into the successful T-28 Trojan for the U.S. Air Force.
- Maximum speed: 435 km/h (270 mph)
- Service ceiling: 9144 m (30000 ft)
- Related development
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Related lists
- "Trainer is Missing Link". Popular Science (New York: Popular Science Publishing Co.) 150 (5): 104. May 1947. http://books.google.com/books?id=KiYDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA104&lpg=PA104&dq=XSN2J-1&source=bl&ots=5r67vsH5NC&sig=XKp14CuH77DDXkC31m0YaDhys_E&hl=en&ei=Zny2S-_4JoG-8wTvnojsAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CAcQ6AEwATgK#v=onepage&q=XSN2J-1&f=false. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- Silich, Rob. "North American Aviation T-28 Trojan: The Last Great Warbird?" KiwiFlyer Issue 6. New Zealand Warbirds Association.
- Bridges, Derek. SN - Scout Trainer Aircraft, U.S. Military Aircraft and Weapon Designations.
- North American XSN2J-1, Ed Coates Collection.
USN scout aircraft designations ScoutDayton-WrightSDWSEGreat Lakes
SL • S2LSikorskySS
SBA • SB2AXSBFGreat LakesSBGSBT
SBU • SB2U • XSB3UCanadian Car & Foundry
Scout ObservationSOEEdo AircraftSO2ESOKRyan
(SOU not allocated) • XSO2U
SNJ • XSN2JSNV
Lists relating to aviation General Military Accidents/incidents Records
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
North American T-28 Trojan — This article is about the aircraft. For other uses, see T28 (disambiguation). T 28 Trojan A U.S. Navy T 2 … Wikipedia
North American T-28 Trojan — T 28 Trojan T 28B Trojan de la Armada de los Estados Unidos. Tipo Avión de entrenamiento Fabricante … Wikipedia Español
North American T-6 Texan — This article is about the first T 6 Texan. For the newer Beech aircraft, see T 6 Texan II. T 6 Texan/SNJ/Harvard … Wikipedia
List of military aircraft of the United States (naval) — This list of military aircraft of the United States includes prototype, pre production and operational types. For aircraft currently in service, see the List of active United States military aircraft. Prototypes are normally prefixed with X and… … Wikipedia
Douglas SBD Dauntless — SBD Dauntless A 24 Banshee A U.S. Navy Douglas SBD Dauntless releasing a bomb. Note the extended trailing edge dive brakes … Wikipedia
Beechcraft Model 18 — Model 18 Instructor and pilot in a Beechcraft AT 7 doing navigation training at Kelly Field, TX. Role Trainer … Wikipedia
Curtiss SB2C Helldiver — SBF 1 redirects here. For the earlier XSBF 1, see Grumman XSBF. For the biplane Helldiver, see Curtiss SBC Helldiver. SB2C Helldiver A 25 Shrike … Wikipedia
Curtiss Falcon — O2C redirects here. For the business process, see Order to cash. O 1, O 11, O 39, A 3, F8C, OC, O2C Curtiss A 3 Falcon (S/N 2 … Wikipedia
Curtiss XSB3C — XSB3C 1 Three view drawing of the XSB3C 1 from Johnson 2008. Role Torpedo/di … Wikipedia
Curtiss SO3C Seamew — Not to be confused with the 1928 Supermarine Seamew or 1953 Short Seamew. SO3C Seamew Role Observation floatplane Manufactur … Wikipedia