- Family law
Family law Entering into marriage Prenuptial agreement
Legal states similar
Cohabitation · Civil union
Dissolution of marriage Annulment · Divorce · Legal separation
Issues affecting children Adoption · Child abduction · Child abuse
Child custody · Child marriage
Child Protective Services (United States)
Child support · Contact (including visitation)
Emancipation of minors
Foster care · Grandparent visitation
Legal guardian · Legitimacy
Parental responsibility · Parenting coordinator
Parenting plan · Paternity
Residence in English family law · Ward
Conflict of laws Divorce · Marriage · Nullity
International child abduction
Related areas Adultery · Bigamy
Domestic violence · Incest
- the nature of marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships;
- issues arising throughout marriage, including spousal abuse, legitimacy, adoption, surrogacy, child abuse, and child abduction
- the termination of the relationship and ancillary matters including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, and parental responsibility orders (in the United States, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards).
- Paternity fraud and testing
- Juvenile Adjudication
This list is by no means dispositive of the potential issues that come through the family court system. In many jurisdictions in the United States, the family courts see the most crowded dockets. Litigants representative of all social and economic classes are parties within the system.
Criticism of Family Law
Advocates of Alimony reform also critique the Family Law system. They argue that current system pits divorcing couples against each other over child support and alimony, creating a hostile environment for the family and requiring large payments to divorce attorneys.
- Algerian Family Code
- Family Court of Australia
- Family Law Act (Alberta, Canada)
- Family law system in England and Wales
- The Children Act 1989
- Sir Morris Finer - Report on One Parent Families
- Malian Family Code
- Mudawana (The Moroccan Family Code).
- Civil Code of the Philippines
- Testimony of Barbara DaFoe Whitehead, Ph.D, Co-Director, National Marriage Project Rutgers University, before US Senate Subcommitee
- Wallerstein, Judith, Ph.D., "The Unexpected Legacy of Divorce", an analysis of the long-term effect of divorce on children; NPR interview (2000)
Family rights Elements Rights movements See also Law Core subjects Other subjectsAbusive language · Admiralty law · Aviation law · Banking law · Bankruptcy · Commercial law · Competition law · Conflict of laws · Consumer protection · Corporate law · Energy law · Entertainment law · Environmental law · Family law · Financial regulation · Human rights · Immigration law · Intellectual property · International criminal law · Labour law · Military law · Music law · Procedure (Civil · Criminal) · Product liability · Space law · Sports law · Tax law · Unjust enrichment · Wills Legal systems Legal theory Legal institutions
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.