- Deluge (software)
Screenshot of Deluge downloading a torrent
Developer(s) Andrew Resch, Damien Churchill, John Garland Initial release September 25, 2006 Stable release +/−](July 22, 2011 ) [ Preview release +/−][ Written in Python Operating system Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X (through MacPorts), FreeBSD (as a port) Type BitTorrent client License GNU General Public License version 3 Website deluge-torrent.org
Deluge is a free software cross-platform BitTorrent client graphical user interface written with Python and GTK+. The program uses libtorrent-rasterbar C++ library for the torrent back-end (network communication) functionality through the project's official Python bindings.
Starting with version 1.0, Deluge separated its daemon (server/core) from its interface, allowing users to remotely manage the application over the web. It has been one of the first clients to support magnet links, introducing this feature with version 1.1.0 released on January 2009.
A portable version for MS Windows is also offered that doesn't require installation.
Deluge was started by two members of ubuntuforums.org, Zach Tibbitts and Alon Zakai, who previously hosted and maintained the project at Google Code, but have now moved it to its own website.
In its first stages, Deluge was originally titled gTorrent, to reflect that it was targeted for the GNOME desktop environment. When the first version was released on September 25, 2006, it was renamed to Deluge due to an existing project named gtorrent on SourceForge, in addition to the fact that it was finally coded to work not only on GNOME but on any platform which could support GTK+.
Nearing the time of the 0.5.1 release, the two original developers effectively left the project, leaving Marcos "markybob" Pinto and Andrew "andar" Resch to continue Deluge's development.
Around this time, Deluge became notable for its resistance to Comcast's bandwidth throttling without a change in code, while clients like Vuze (Azureus) and μTorrent had to borrow the method implemented by Deluge.
From version 1.1.1 through version 1.1.3, Windows installers were temporarily unavailable due to the Windows packager leaving the project.
Following 1.1.3, packages for all operating systems were no longer provided by the developers; instead, source tars and community provided packages were released.
Key Red Release no longer supported Green Current Release Blue Future Release Major Version Minor Version Release Date Significant Changes Libtorrent Version 1.3 1.3.3 2011-07-23 Another big bug fix release 0.14 / 0.15 1.3.2 2011-05-24 Many bug fixes 1.3.1 2010-10-31 - 1.3.0 2010-09-18 WebUI much more efficient 1.2 1.2.3 2010-03-27 Support for libtorrent 0.15 0.14 / 0.15 1.2.0 2010-01-12 XMLRPC was replaced by DelugeRPC, WebUI was rewritten from the outset 0.14 1.1 1.1.9 2009-06-15 - 0.13 trunk 1.1.0 2009-01-11 Support for Magnet URI 1.0
1.0.7 2008-12-11 UI, libtorrent fixes 0.12 1.0.0 2008-09-22 Stable Release. Codenamed "Sharks are Bulletproof." Pre 1.0 version 0.5.9.4 2008-07-22 - 0.12 / 0.13 custom build 0.5.1.0 2007-06-11 Peer exchange, encryption, UPnP + NATPMP, Improved user interface ? 0.4.0 2007-01-27 - 0.3.0 2006-10-30 - 0.2.0 2006-10-04 - 0.1.0 2006-09-25 First release of Deluge (as gTorrent)
- Comparison of BitTorrent clients
- Usage share of BitTorrent clients
- ^ Kereki, Federico (December 27, 2007). "After torrents? Try Deluge!". Linux.com. SourceForge, Inc.. Archived from the original on 2009-05-31. http://web.archive.org/web/20090531184331/http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/123253. Retrieved December 10, 2010.
- ^ enigmax (June 14, 2007). "Deluge Torrent Client Aims to Thwart ISP Traffic Shaping". TorrentFreak. http://torrentfreak.com/deluge-torrent-client-aims-to-thwart-isp-traffic-shaping/. Retrieved December 10, 2010.
- ^ Wong, Chin (November 9, 2009). "Good Karma". Digital Life. http://www.chinwong.com/index.php?/site/comments/good_karma/. Retrieved December 10, 2010.
- ^ andar (September 28, 2008). "Deluge 1.0.0 - "Sharks Are Bulletproof" Released!". Deluge. http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9875. Retrieved December 10, 2010.
- ^ a b "Deluge 1.1.0_RC/ChangeLog" (plain text). Deluge. June 15, 2009. http://svn.deluge-torrent.org/branches/1.1.0_RC/ChangeLog. Retrieved December 10, 2010.
- ^ sleepwalker.int. "DelugePortable". Deluge. PortableApps.com. http://portableapps.com/node/23566. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- ^ Ty (September 26, 2006). "gTorrent becomes Deluge: Version 0.1.0 Released". Deluge. Ubuntu Forums. http://linuxlookup.com/2006/sep/25/gtorrent_becomes_deluge_version_0_1_0_released. Retrieved December 20, 2010.
- ^ amc1 (January 3, 2008). "Re: Better encryption". uTorrent.com. p. 4. http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=294272#p294141. Retrieved December 10, 2010. "If there's anyone out there willing to help - we (Azureus devs) worked with alus to see what Deluge was doing differently to avoid being throttled... we've made changes as well, but we don't have anyone to test with. So if there's anyone who belongs to one of the affected ISPs, and they're willing to spend a few minutes helping us test our changes, that'd be appreciated."
- ^ "Deluge Change Log". Deluge. http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/ChangeLog. Retrieved December 10, 2010.
- ^ "Index of source/". Deluge. Oregon State University Open Source Lab. http://download.deluge-torrent.org/source/. Retrieved December 10, 2010.
- ^ CarpKing (October 28, 2006). "Re: gTorrent: A Bittorrent client for GNOME". Ubuntu Forums. p. 11. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1679759#post1679759. Retrieved December 10, 2010.
- ^ kripkenstein (October 30, 2006). "Deluge Bittorrent client v0.3.0 released". Ubuntu Forums. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=288952. Retrieved December 10, 2010.
- ^ Zach Tibbitts.Alon Zakai. "Deluge 0.4.0". Deluge. nixbit. http://nixbit.com/cat/communications/filesharing/deluge/. Retrieved December 10, 2010.
- ^ Andrew "andar" Resch. "Deluge 1.3.3 Release Notes". Deluge. Andrew "andar" Resch. http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.3.3. Retrieved Juli 25, 2011.
BitTorrent CompaniesBitTorrent, Inc. · Vuze, Inc. People Technology Clients
(comparison, usage share)
Open Trackers Search engines
Defunct websites Related topics Peer-to-peer file sharing Networks and protocolsCentralizedDecentralized Comparisons of clients Hyperlinks Uses Concepts
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Deluge — can refer to: A large downpour of rain A flood Mythical and prehistoric floods Deluge myth, mythic floods in general, involving Gilgamesh, and others Deluge (prehistoric), prehistoric great floods, some of which may have inspired deluge myths… … Wikipedia
Deluge — 1.1.2 Basis … Deutsch Wikipedia
Deluge — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Deluge Deluge 1.1.6 en Mandriva … Wikipedia Español
Deluge — (logiciel) Pour les articles homonymes, voir Déluge. Deluge … Wikipédia en Français
Deluge (Logiciel) — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Déluge. Deluge … Wikipédia en Français
Deluge (logiciel) — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Déluge. Deluge … Wikipédia en Français
Miro (software) — Miro Miro 3.5 under Ubuntu, showing the Miro guide in the main window while playing a podcast. Developer(s) … Wikipedia
Songbird (software) — Songbird Songbird 1.7.3 on Windows 7 Developer(s) … Wikipedia
BitTorrent (software) — This article is about the original BitTorrent client. For bittorrent clients in general, see Comparison of BitTorrent clients. BitTorrent Original author(s) Bram Cohen … Wikipedia
List of Python software — The Python programming language is actively used by many people, both in industry and academia for a wide variety of purposes. Integrated development environments * Boa Constructor, a cross platform IDE for Python development * Eric, an IDE for… … Wikipedia