- Nowhere to Run (1993 film)
Nowhere to Run
Theatrical release poster
Directed by Robert Harmon Produced by Gary Adelson
Written by Story:
Starring Jean-Claude Van Damme
Music by Mark Isham Cinematography David Gribble Editing by Mark Helfrich
Distributed by Columbia Pictures Release date(s) January 15, 1993 Running time 94 minutes Country United States Language English Budget $15,000,000 Box office $52,189,039
Sam Gillen (Jean-Claude Van Damme) is a convict who gets sprung from Federal custody somewhere in the Midwest by his bank-robbing partner. In their last heist, Sam's partner killed a bank guard, and Sam took the rap for it. Sam's partner gets killed in the break, forcing Sam to go it alone in search of the loot, which is buried on the property of a farm inhabited by Clydie Anderson (Rosanna Arquette), the widowed mother of two kids, Mike "Mookie" (Kieran Culkin) and Bree (Tiffany Taubman).
Attempting to sneak into Clydie's house and "borrow" some salt for a campfire-broiled steak, Sam catches sight of Clydie taking a shower. The next morning, Sam is spotted bathing outdoors by Mookie. After saving Clydie, Mookie, and Bree from a trio of intruding thugs, Sam discovers that Clydie is holding out from selling her place to property developer Franklin Hale (Joss Ackland), who fears that he will be put out of business if he doesn't get Clydie's land so he can develop on it.
Sam decides to hang around, sleeping first in Clydie's barn and then in her bed while repairing her late husband's Triumph motorcycle. Meanwhile Hale hires an intimidation expert named Dunston (Ted Levine), to force Clydie into selling her land. Secretly on Hale's payroll is corrupt Sheriff Lonnie Cole (Edward Blatchford), who harbours feelings for Clydie.
A jealous Lonnie discovers Sam's true identity and threatens to expose him if he doesn't leave. Not wanting to place Clydie in additional danger for helping a fugitive, Sam decides to leave, only to find that Hale has already blown the whistle on him in an attempt to get him out of the way. After evading police chasing him in cars, land rovers, helicopters, and on motorcycles and horseback, Sam returns to save Clydie from Dunston and Hale, who are planning to burn down her house.
After fighting off the bad guys and getting Hale caught holding a gun to Clydie's head, he decides to turn himself in, rather than run away. He promises to be back to live with them.
- Jean-Claude Van Damme as Sam Gillen
- Rosanna Arquette as Clydie Anderson
- Kieran Culkin as Mike "Mookie" Anderson
- Tiffany Taubman as Bree Anderson
- Ted Levine as Mr. Dunston
- Edward Blatchford as Sheriff Lonnie Cole
- Anthony Starke as Billy
- Joss Ackland as Franklin Hale
The film finally grossed $22,189,039 domestically, just getting back the film's $15 million budget. The film however did perform better internationally grossing $30,000,000 in other territories for a worldwide gross of $52,189,039.
- ^ http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/1993/0NTRU.php
- ^ "Van Damme flexes his acting muscles in 'run'". The Los Angeles Times. http://articles.latimes.com/1993-01-18/entertainment/ca-1299_1_van-damme. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- ^ "A Kickboxer's Evolution Into a Two-Fisted Lawyer". The New York Times. http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9500E6DD1E3AF935A25752C0A965958260. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- ^ "Nowhere to Run". Deseret News. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700001338/Nowhere-to-Run.html. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- ^ "Nowhere to Run". Chicago Sun Times. http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19930118/REVIEWS/301180301. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- ^ "Nowhere to Run". Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/movies/videos/nowheretorunrharrington_a0ab5b.htm. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- ^ "Nowhere to Run". Variety. http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117793618?refcatid=31. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- ^ "Weekend Box Office `Body' Struggles to Make the Top 5". The Los Angeles Times. http://articles.latimes.com/1993-01-19/entertainment/ca-1467_1_weekend-box-office. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- ^ http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=nowheretorun.htm
- ^ http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/1993/0NTRU.php
- Nowhere to Run at the Internet Movie Database
- Nowhere to Run at Box Office Mojo
- Nowhere to Run at Rotten Tomatoes
Films directed by Robert Harmon 1980sThe Hitcher (1986) 1990sEyes of an Angel (1991) · Nowhere to Run (1993) · Gotti (1996) 2000s 2010sNovember Christmas (2010)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nowhere to Run (1989 film) — Nowhere to Run Directed by Carl Franklin Starring David Carradine Release date(s) 1989 Running time … Wikipedia
Nowhere to Run — may refer to: Contents 1 Film and television 2 Music 3 Other media … Wikipedia
Nowhere to Run — Cavale sans issue Cavale sans issue (Nowhere to Run) est un film américain réalisé par Robert Harmon, sorti en 1993. Sommaire 1 Synopsis 2 Fiche technique 3 Distribution 4 Autour du film … Wikipédia en Français
1993 in film — List of years in film (table) … 1983 . 1984 . 1985 . 1986 . 1987 . 1988 . 1989 … 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 … … Wikipedia
1989 in film — List of years in film (table) … 1979 . 1980 . 1981 . 1982 . 1983 . 1984 . 1985 … 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 … … Wikipedia
Devil in a Blue Dress (film) — Devil in a Blue Dress Theatrical release poster Directed by Carl Franklin Produced by … Wikipedia
Boomerang (1992 film) — Infobox Film name = Boomerang image size = 200px caption = Theatrical release poster director = Reginald Hudlin producer = Barry W. Blaustein, Brian Grazer, David Sheffield, Mark Lipsky, Ray Murphy Jr., Warrington Hudlin writer = Screenplay:… … Wikipedia
À tombeau ouvert (film, 1999) — Pour l’article homonyme, voir À tombeau ouvert. À tombeau ouvert Données clés Titre original Bringing Out the Dead Réalisation Martin Scorsese Scénario … Wikipédia en Français
Out of Time (2003 film) — Out of Time Theatrical poster for Out of Time Directed by Carl Franklin Produced by … Wikipedia
Pulp Fiction (film) — Infobox Film name = Pulp Fiction caption = Promotional artwork writer = Quentin Tarantino Roger Avary starring = John Travolta Samuel L. Jackson Uma Thurman Bruce Willis Harvey Keitel Tim Roth Amanda Plummer Maria de Medeiros Ving Rhames Eric… … Wikipedia