- Moswey III
Moswey III Role Glider National origin Switzerland Manufacturer Moswey Segelflugzeug-Werke Designer Georg Mueller Introduction 1938 Status Production completed Number built more than 30
Design and development
The Moswey series of gliders was developed prior to the Second World War in 1938. The third model was the first one to achieve full production status.
The aircraft is built from wood. The fuselage is a monocoque design, while the wings and tail surfaces are a wooden frame covered in doped aircraft fabric covering. The fuselage is of a hexagonal section forward and a diamond section aft. The fuselage is built upon a main keel beam that also contains the control runs. The 14.0 m (45.9 ft) span wing is a gulled design, employing a Goettingen 535 airfoil, with air brakes for glidepath control. The structure is stressed for aerobatics at +/-12g.
The Moswey III was constructed by building the fuselage around a large tube, which was then removed after construction.
Specifications (Moswey III)
Data from Soaring
- Crew: one
- Wingspan: 14.0 m (45 ft 11 in)
- Wing area: 12.6 m2 (136 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 15.5
- Airfoil: Goettingen 535
- Empty weight: 138 kg (304 lb)
- Gross weight: 238 kg (524 lb)
- G limits: +/-12
- Maximum glide ratio: 27:1
- Rate of sink: 0.67 m/s (132 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 18.8 kg/m² (3.85 lb/sq ft)
- Related lists
- ^ a b c d e f g h Said, Bob: 1983 Sailplane Directory, Soaring Magazine, page 93, Soaring Society of America November 1983. USPS 499-920
- ^ a b c Federal Aviation Administration (July 2011). "Make / Model Inquiry Results N379HB". http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=379HB. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- ^ Lednicer, David (2010). "The Incomplete Guide to Airfoil Usage". http://www.ae.illinois.edu/m-selig/ads/aircraft.html. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
Lists relating to aviation General Military Accidents/incidents Records
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Liste de planeurs — (en) Cet article est partiellement ou en totalité issu de l’article de Wikipédia en anglais intitulé « List of Gliders » (voir la liste des auteurs) Sommaire … Wikipédia en Français
Список Планёров — Содержание 1 Abbott Baynes Sailplanes Ltd 2 Abrial 3 Advanced Aeromarine 4 … Википедия
Список планёров — Содержание 1 Abbott Baynes Sailplanes Ltd 2 Abrial 3 Advanced Aeromarine 4 Advan … Википедия