- Connecticut Huskies men's ice hockey
Connecticut Huskies men's ice hockey University University of Connecticut Conference Atlantic Hockey Head coach Bruce Marshall 23rd year, 316–354–64 Arena Mark Edward Freitas Ice Forum
Location Storrs, Connecticut Colors Blue and White and Red
The Connecticut Huskies men's ice hockey team is a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I college ice hockey program that represents the University of Connecticut. The Huskies are a member of Atlantic Hockey. They play at the Mark Edward Freitas Ice Forum in Storrs, Connecticut.
The Huskies upgraded to Division I Status in 1998 after playing for 38 years at lower levels of NCAA Hockey.  At the time, head coach Bruce Marshall was in his tenth season at the position. After posting winning records in their first two seasons at the highest level, the Huskies started to struggle, and as of the 2010-11 season, have not since had a winning record.  The athletic department was forced to remove all athletic scholarships from the sport in order to comply with Title IX,  and the Huskies consistently finished in the bottom few spots of the national computer rankings . In the 2010-11 season, the Huskies showed some improvement, advancing to the Atlantic Hockey semifinals at Blue Cross Arena before being eliminated. The 2011-12 AHA preseason rankings reflected the newly gained reputation, with the Huskies ranked fifth out of twelve teams.
In June 2010, the University announced that the team would face Sacred Heart at Rentschler Field in East Hartford on February 13, 2011, as part of a doubleheader also featuring a game between the women's team and the Providence Friars.  The Huskies won this game 3-1, in front of 1,711 fans. The Huskies would go on to have one of their better seasons in recent memory, finishing 16-18-4 and advancing to the semifinals of the 2011 Atlantic Hockey Tournament.
- ^ "Connecticut Huskies Men's Hockey". U.S. College Hockey Online. http://www.uscho.com/team/connecticut/mens-hockey/. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- ^ http://www.uconnhuskies.com/photos/schools/conn/sports/m-hockey/auto_pdf/RecordBook2009-10.pdf
- ^ "Record Hockey Book UConn Huskies". http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/conn/sports/m-hockey/auto_pdf/recordbook.pdf. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- ^ McDonough, Matt (October 19, 2011). "Hockey needs more support". Daily Campus. http://www.dailycampus.com/sports/hockey-needs-more-support-1.1714401#.ToeKBbKzFLM. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- ^ http://www.theuconnblog.com/2010/2/9/1302109/uconn-hockey-enough-is-enough
- ^ "Bentley Falcons: Atlantic Hockey Preseason Poll Released". http://bentleyfalcons.com/sports/mice/2011-12/releases/20110920qruqv7.
- ^ http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-hockey/spec-rel/060210aaa.html
Air Force Falcons (Cadet Ice Arena) • American International Yellow Jackets (Olympia Ice Center) • Army Black Knights (Tate Rink) • Bentley Falcons (John A. Ryan Arena) • Canisius Golden Griffins (Buffalo State Sports Arena) • UConn Huskies (Mark Edward Freitas Ice Forum) • Holy Cross Crusaders (Hart Center) • Mercyhurst Lakers (Mercyhurst Ice Center) • Niagara Purple Eagles (Dwyer Arena) • Robert Morris Colonials (Island Sports Center) • RIT Tigers (Frank Ritter Memorial Ice Arena) • Sacred Heart Pioneers (Milford Ice Pavilion)
NCAA • List of champions • Blue Cross Arena (conference tournament site)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Connecticut Huskies women's ice hockey — Current season … Wikipedia
Northeastern Huskies men's ice hockey — University Northeastern University Conference Hockey East … Wikipedia
Connecticut Huskies men's soccer — University University of Connecticut Conference Big East Founded 1939 … Wikipedia
Northeastern Huskies women's ice hockey — Current season University Northeastern University Conference … Wikipedia
Merrimack Warriors men's ice hockey — University Merrimack College Conference Hockey East … Wikipedia
Maine Black Bears men's ice hockey — University University of Maine Conference Hockey East … Wikipedia
New Hampshire Wildcats men's ice hockey — New Hampshire Wildcats University New Hampshire Conference Hockey East … Wikipedia
Connecticut Huskies — University University of Connecticut Conference(s) Big East Conference NCAA Division I FBS Ath … Wikipedia
Connecticut Huskies football — Current season … Wikipedia
New Hampshire Wildcats women's ice hockey — Current season University New Hampshire Conference … Wikipedia