- Charles I, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld
Charles I of Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld (German: Karl I.) (4 September 1560 – 16 December 1600), Count Palatine of the Rhine, Duke in Bavaria, Count to Veldenz and Sponheim was the Duke of Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld from 1569 until 1600.
Charles was born in Neuburg in 1560 as the youngest son of Wolfgang, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken. After his father's death in 1569, Charles and his brothers partitioned his territories: Charles received the Palatine share on the Rear County of Sponheim, a small territory around Birkenfeld. Charles is the founder of the House of Palatinate-Birkenfeld.
Charles married Dorothea of Brunswick-Lüneburg (1 January 1570 – 15 August 1649), daughter of Duke William VI, on 23 February 1586 and had the following children:
- George William (6 August 1591 – 25 December 1669)
- Sophie (29 March 1593 – 16 November 1676)
- Frederick (29 October 1594 – 20 July 1626)
- Christian (3 November 1598 – 6 September 1654)
16. Louis I, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken 8. Alexander, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken 17. Johanna of Croÿ 4. Louis II, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken 18. Kraft VI of Hohenlohe 9. Margarete of Hohenlohe-Neuenstein 19. Helene of Württemberg 2. Wolfgang, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken 20. Louis II, Landgrave of Lower Hesse 10. William I, Landgrave of Lower Hesse 21. Mechthild of Württemberg 5. Elisabeth of Hesse 22. William IV, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg 11. Anna of Brunswick 23. Elizabeth of Stolberg-Wernigerode 1. Charles I, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld 24. Louis II, Landgrave of Lower Hesse 12. William II, Landgrave of Hesse 25. Mechthild of Württemberg-Urach 6. Philip I, Landgrave of Hesse 26. Magnus II, Duke of Mecklenburg 13. Anna of Mecklenburg-Schwerin 27. Sophia of Pomerania 3. Anna of Hesse 28. Albert III, Duke of Saxony 14. George, Duke of Saxony 29. Sidonie of Poděbrady 7. Christine of Saxony 30. Casimir IV Jagiellon 15. Barbara Jagiellon 31. Elisabeth of Austria
Wolfgang of Palatinate-Zweibrücken Duke of Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld
George William of Palatinate-Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld Christian I of Palatinate-Birkenfeld-Bischweiler
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Charles II Otto, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld — Charles II Otto (German: Karl II. Otto) (5 September 1625 – 30 March 1671) was the Duke of Zweibrücken Birkenfeld from 1669 until 1671. Life Charles Otto was born in Birkenfeld in 1625 as the only son of George William, Count Palatine of… … Wikipedia
Christian II, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld — Christian II Count Palatine of Zweibrücken Birkenfeld Christian II (22 June 1637 – 26 April 1717) was the Duke of Birkenfeld Bischweiler from 1654 until 1717, the Duke of Zweibrücken Birkenfeld from 1671 until 1717, and the Count of Rappoltstein… … Wikipedia
Christian III, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken — Christian III Count Palatine of Zweibrücken Portrait in the Musée historique de Strasbourg Spouse Caroline of Nassau Saa … Wikipedia
Christian IV, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken — Birkenfeld (Bischweiler, September 6, 1722 – Herschweiler Pettersheim, November 5, 1775) was Duke of Zweibrücken from 1735 to 1775. He was the son of Christian III, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken and Caroline of Nassau Saarbrücken. In 1751 he… … Wikipedia
Frederick Michael, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken — Friedrich Michael von Zweibrücken Birkenfeld Frederick Michael, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken Birkenfeld (Ribeauvillé, Alsace, February 27, 1724 – Schwetzingen, August 15, 1767) was a member of the Wittelsbach dynasty. He was the father of… … Wikipedia
Wolfgang, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken — Wolfgang of Zweibrücken ( de. Pfalzgraf Wolfgang von Zweibrücken) (26 September 1526 ndash; 11 June 1569), was member of the family of the Counts of Palatine and Duke of Zweibrücken in 1532 1559.He was the only son of Louis II, Count Palatine of… … Wikipedia
Charles II August, Duke of Zweibrücken — Charles II August Duke of Zweibrücken Duke Charles II/III August Christian of Palatinate Birkenfeld Zweibrücken Spouse Maria Amalia of Saxony Issue … Wikipedia
Christian I, Count Palatine of Birkenfeld-Bischweiler — Count Palatine by Rhine, Duke in Bavaria, Count to Sponheim etc. Spouse(s) Magdalene Catherine, Countess Palatine of Zweibrücken … Wikipedia
Amalie of Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld — Electress consort of Saxony Queen consort of Saxony Duchess of Warsaw Amalie as a bride, 1769 … Wikipedia
Christiane Henriette, Countess Palatine of Zweibrücken — Birkenfeld Christiane Henriette, Countess Palatine of Zweibrücken Birkenfeld, Princess of Waldeck and Pyrmont Spouse Karl August, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont Father … Wikipedia