- Sarah Murdoch
Sarah Murdoch Born Sarah O'Hare
31 May 1972
London, United Kingdom
Years active 1989– Height 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) Hair color Blonde Eye color Blue Dress size 4 US/ 34 EU Agency Room 329 Productions – Sydney, AU Spouse Lachlan Murdoch (1999–present)
Sarah Murdoch (née O'Hare; born 31 May 1972) is an Australian model and actress.
Brought up in Sydney, Australia, Murdoch attended The McDonald College of the Performing Arts, a performing arts school in Sydney, where she studied ballet. After being told by the ballet master, Alan Alexander Cross, that she was too tall and would never make it as a ballerina, she changed direction.
As a fashion model she appeared in campaigns for L'Oréal, Revlon, Ralph Lauren, Yves Saint Laurent and Estée Lauder, as well as the 1999 and 2003 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issues. Her magazine covers includes Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire, Glamour, GQ and Harper's Bazaar in countries like Australia, Spain, United Kingdom and United States.
Sarah filled in for Jessica Rowe on the Australian version of the popular morning news and interview show, Today. Rowe was taking four months maternity leave. On 26 March 2007, it was reported in the Sydney Morning Herald that Murdoch would finish up her hosting duties on Today as of 30 March 2007. Nine News presenter Kellie Connolly replaced Sarah until May 2007, when Lisa Wilkinson took over as the new co-host on Today. Murdoch returned as a guest host on the 4 October 2007 episode, alongside Karl Stefanovic, to raise awareness about Breast Cancer as she is a patron of the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
Australia's Next Top Model
Sarah Murdoch replaced Jodhi Meares as host of Australia's Next Top Model after Meares infamously blundered her way through the third season's live finale in 2007 and flat-out refused to appear in 2008's finale. In addition to hosting Top Model, Murdoch also inked a deal with Foxtel to create documentaries with her production company, Room 329 Productions. She experienced media scrutiny during the 2010 Australia's Next Top Model Grand Final for announcing an incorrect winner.
Sarah Murdoch's Pride of Australia
Screened in November 2009, Sarah and her production company Room 329 Productions, along with Foxtel produced 4 episodes of Sarah Murdoch's "Pride of Australia" which was inspiring for fellow Australians and along with people from all over the World. With Sarah as host, they tell the inspiring stories of everyday Australians, exhibiting acts of great courage, love and determination when faced with adversity. The stories were taken from thousands of people nominated to News Limited papers across Australia.
Murdoch is heavily engaged in assisting not-for-profit arts and charitable bodies, where her name and connections add gravitas and fund-raising capacity. She was appointed International Ambassador of the Australian Ballet Company in 2004 and joined The Australian Ballet Board of Directors in 2006. She is also ambassador of the Murdoch Children's Research Institute and a member of its development board. The Institute was established in 1986 by her husband Lachlan's grandmother, Dame Elisabeth Murdoch and is the largest child health research institute in Australia.
Murdoch is patron of Australia's National Breast Cancer Foundation, and addressed the National Press Club of Australia about the activities of the foundation on 4 October 2006 and again on 24 December 2008. The addresses were televised Australia-wide by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
In 1999, she married Lachlan Murdoch, son of Australian media mogul Rupert Murdoch. The couple live in Sydney, Australia and have two sons, Kalan Alexander (born on 9 November 2004) and Aidan Patrick (born on 6 May 2006), and a daughter, Aerin Elisabeth Murdoch, born on Monday 12 April 2010.
Murdoch is a keen rugby league fan and supports Manly Sea Eagles.
- ^ "Sarah Murdoch: How I stay real". Life etc. http://www.lifeetc.com.au/__data/page/6179/cover_story3.pdf. Retrieved 29 November 2006.
- ^ "SI Swimsuit Collection: Sarah O'Hare". Time Inc.. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/swimsuit/collection/issues/1999/99_sohare_08_bycategory.html. Retrieved 18 February 2008.
- ^ "SI Swimsuit Collection: Sarah O'Hare". Time Inc.. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/swimsuit/collection/issues/1999/99_sohare_10_bycategory.html. Retrieved 18 February 2008.
- ^ "Welcome to fickle world of a career in television". The Sydney Morning Herald. 29 November 2006. http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radio/tvs-beauty-complex/2006/11/28/1164476204612.html. Retrieved 29 November 2006.
- ^ "Rowe's return date unknown". Smh.com.au. 2007-03-24. http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/03/24/1174597945345.html. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- ^ Meade, Amanda (29 September 2010). "Wrong model announced as contest winner". The Australian: p. 3. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/wrong-model-announced-as-top-model-contest-winner/story-e6frg996-1225931339053. Retrieved 29 September 2010.
- ^ Shears, Richard (29 September 2010). "Australia's Next Top Model host announces the WRONG winner". Daily Mail (London). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1315970/Australias-Next-Top-Model-host-Sarah-Murdoch-announces-WRONG-winner.html?ito=feeds-newsxml. Retrieved 29 September 2010.
- ^ "Murdoch hosts Pride of Australia". Courier Mail. http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26254431-5003422,00.html. Retrieved 25 October 2009. [dead link]
- ^ "NBCF Patron and Ambassadors". National Breast Cancer Foundation. http://www.nbcf.org.au/page.asp?category_id=2&page_id=31. Retrieved 29 November 2006.
- ^ "Sarah Murdoch, Kate Ritchie, Sami Lukis support Kangaroos". Courier Mail. 22 October 2008. http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,24539898-5016380,00.html.
- Sarah Murdoch at the Internet Movie Database
- Sarah Murdoch at Fashion Model Directory
- Australian National Breast Cancer Foundation
- Murdoch Children's Research Institute
- Sarah Murdoch Harper's BAZAAR photo shoot (May 2009)
Co-host with Karl Stefanovic
11 December 2006 – 30 March 2007
Australia's Next Top Model Cycles JudgesCurrentFormer Winners Other alumnae Related articlesTop Model series • List of contestants 1990–1999 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Sarah Gadon — Born April 4, 1987 (1987 04 04) (age 24) Toronto, Ontario, Canada Occupation Actress Years active 1998–present Sarah Gadon (born April 4, 1987) … Wikipedia
Murdoch Mysteries — Created by based on characters from novels by Maureen Jennings Developed by Cal Coons Alexandra Zarowny … Wikipedia
Sarah Brown (wife of Gordon Brown) — Sarah Brown Sarah Brown in 2008 Spouse of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom In office 27 June 2007 – 11 May 2010 Monarch Elizabeth II Prim … Wikipedia
Sarah Carey — is a TV presenter for TV3, a radio presenter for Newstalk and a former columnist for The Sunday Times and The Irish Times. She was sacked from The Irish Times in March 2011 after an appearance on national television during which she… … Wikipedia
Sarah Wall — Personal information Born 16 October 1984 (1984 10 16) (age 27) Height … Wikipedia
Sarah Martin (musician) — Sarah Martin (born on 12 February 1974 in Blackburn, England) is the violin player and one of the primary vocalists in the Scottish indie pop band Belle Sebastian. Besides violin, Martin plays recorder, stylophone, melodica, guitar and flute. She … Wikipedia
Sarah Gadon — (* 4. April 1987 in Toronto, Ontario) ist eine kanadische Schauspielerin. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Leben und Leistungen 2 Filmografie (Auswahl) 3 Weblinks … Deutsch Wikipedia
Murdoch family — /ˈmɜdɒk/ (say merdok) noun an Australian family of journalists and media proprietors. 1. Sir Walter Logie Forbes, 1874–1970, essayist, literary critic and university lecturer. 2. his nephew, Sir Keith Arthur, 1885–1952, journalist and newspaper… … Australian English dictionary
Sarah Allen — For other people named Sarah Allen, see Sarah Allen (disambiguation). Sarah Allen Years active 2003–present Sarah Allen (III) is a Canadian actress. She studied acting at Canada s National Theatre School and graduated in 2002. Filmography Student … Wikipedia
Lachlan Murdoch — Lachlan Keith Murdoch (born September 8, 1971), is the elder son of media mogul, Rupert Murdoch and the former Anna Torv. He resigned from his executive positions at News Corporation on 29 July 2005. However, Lachlan is still on the Board of… … Wikipedia