Murakami Family name
The kanji representation of 'Murakami'
Pronunciation Murakami Meaning upper village Region of origin Japan Language(s) of origin Japanese Footnotes: 
- Emperor Murakami, 10th century emperor of Japan
- Shingo Murakami (村上信五), member of the popular Japanese boyband Kanjani8.
- Daisuke Murakami (figure skater)
- Daisuke Murakami (snowboarder)
- Genzo Murakami (村上元三), late contemporary novelist
- Glen Murakami, animator
- Haruki Murakami (村上春樹), contemporary novelist
- Jimmy Murakami, also known as Teruaki Murakami (村上輝明), animator and director whose work includes adaptations of Raymond Briggs' The Snowman and When the Wind Blows
- Masanori Murakami, The first Japanese player to play in MLB, a pitcher for the San Francisco Giants
- Ryu Murakami (村上龍), contemporary writer and filmmaker
- Takashi Murakami (村上隆), contemporary artist and founder of the Superflat movement
- Yoshiaki Murakami (村上世彰), corporate raider and president of M&A Consulting
- Gennosuke Murakami, from the Usagi Yojimbo comic book series
- Kyouji Murakami, from the Tokusatsu TV series, Kamen Rider 555
- Masaki Murakami, from the manga/anime series Guyver
- Murakami Yagami, from the manga/anime series Blue Seed
- Murakami Natsumi, from the manga/anime series Negima! Magister Negi Magi
- ^ 1990 Census Name Files
- ^ British Surnames
- ^ http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~suzakihp/ju0000.html
- ^ www.beyondterrorbeyondgrace.com
This page or section lists people with the surname Murakami. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.
Murakami - song by Beyond Terror Beyond Grace on album Our Ashes Built Mountains. Song influenced by author Haruki Murakami and his novel Hard Boiled Wonderland and the end of the world.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.