The A1039 road through Muston
Muston shown within North Yorkshire
Population 325 (2001 census) OS grid reference Parish Muston District Scarborough Shire county North Yorkshire Region Yorkshire and the Humber Country England Sovereign state United Kingdom Post town FILEY Postcode district YO14 Police North Yorkshire Fire North Yorkshire Ambulance Yorkshire EU Parliament Yorkshire and the Humber UK Parliament Thirsk and Malton List of places: UK • England • Yorkshire
The village is situated on the Yorkshire Wolds Way National Trail, a long distance footpath.
There is a derelict windmill on the outskirts of the village, just off the A165. References to a mill first appear in 1341. The current mill is thought to have been built in 1826 and was in use until 1932.
- ^ a b "2001 Census: Key Statistics: Parish Headcounts: Area: Muston CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. http://neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/dissemination/LeadTableView.do?a=3&b=798211&c=Muston&d=16&e=15&g=476823&i=1001x1003x1004&m=0&r=1&s=1215468943333&enc=1&dsFamilyId=779. Retrieved 2008-07-07.
- ^ "Muston Scarecrow Festival". North Yorkshire — Entertainment. BBC. http://www.bbc.co.uk/northyorkshire/content/image_galleries/muston_scarecrows_gallery.shtml. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- ^ Whitworth, A (2002). Tyke Towers Yorkshire's Windmills.
- Media related to Muston at Wikimedia Commons
- All Saints Church, Muston
- Muston Scarecrow Festival (Gallery)
This Scarborough location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.