- Milton Township, Antrim County, Michigan
Milton Township, Michigan — Township — Coordinates: Coordinates: Country United States State Michigan County Antrim Area – Total 43.7 sq mi (113.1 km2) – Land 25.8 sq mi (66.9 km2) – Water 17.8 sq mi (46.1 km2) Elevation 633 ft (193 m) Population (2000) – Total 2,072 – Density 80.2/sq mi (31.0/km2) Time zone Eastern (EST) (UTC-5) – Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4) FIPS code 26-54440 GNIS feature ID 1626747
- Kewadin is an unincorporated community at  The Kewadin post office with ZIP code 49648 also serves large portions of Milton Township and Torch Lake Township. The Kewadin post office opened June 4, 1883. .
According to the United States Census Bureau, this Northern Michigan township has a total area of 43.7 square miles (113 km2), of which, 25.8 square miles (67 km2) of it is land and 17.8 square miles (46 km2) of it (40.82%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,072 people, 850 households, and 651 families residing in the township. The population density was 80.2 people per square mile (31.0/km²). There were 1,577 housing units at an average density of 61.0 per square mile (23.6/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 96.33% White, 0.05% African American, 2.27% Native American, 0.19% Asian, 0.68% from other races, and 0.48% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.59% of the population.
There were 850 households out of which 27.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.0% were married couples living together, 6.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.3% were non-families. 20.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.42 and the average family size was 2.77.
In the township the population was spread out with 21.9% under the age of 18, 4.5% from 18 to 24, 22.7% from 25 to 44, 30.4% from 45 to 64, and 20.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 46 years. For every 100 females there were 102.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.1 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $44,890, and the median income for a family was $50,568. Males had a median income of $37,578 versus $23,942 for females. The per capita income for the township was $26,817. About 3.2% of families and 5.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.9% of those under age 18 and 1.5% of those age 65 or over.
- ^ a b "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Milton Township, Antrim County, Michigan
- ^ U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Kewadin, Michigan
- ^ 49648 5-Digit ZCTA, 496 3-Digit ZCTA - Reference Map - American FactFinder, U.S. Census Bureau, 2000 census
- ^ U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Kewadin Post Office
Municipalities and communities of Antrim County, Michigan Villages Townships Unincorporated
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.