- Costache Caragiale
Costache Caragiale Born March 29, 1815
Died February 13, 1877(aged 61) Nationality Romanian Occupation actor, theatre manager
Costache Caragiale (March 29, 1815 – February 13, 1877) was a Romanian actor and theatre manager who had an important role in the development of the Romanian theatre.
Born in Bucharest, Wallachia, he made his stage debut in 1835 and, in 1838, organized a theatre company in Iaşi, Moldavia, which became part of the first Romanian National Theatre. He worked in many Romanian regional theatres, especially in Iaşi, Craiova and Botoşani, and encouraged the usage of plays by Romanian dramatists of the day, especially those of Vasile Alecsandri and Constantin Negruzzi. Between 1852 and 1855, Costache Caragiale was the first director of the National Theatre of Bucharest.
He also wrote a few comedies, such as O repetiţie moldovenească - "A Moldavian Rehearsal" (1844) and O soaré la mahala ("A Soiree in the Neighbourhood").
He is the uncle of Ion Luca Caragiale, a Romanian playwright. His younger brother Iorgu Caragiale was also an actor and theatre director.
- Scrieri a lui Costache Caragiale, ("Writings by Costache Caragiale"), 1840
- Epistolă către Grigore Alexandrescu, ("Letter to Grigore Alexandrescu"), 1841
- Leonil sau Ce produce dispreţul, ("Leonil or What Contempt Produces"), 1841
- O repetiţie moldovenească sau Noi şi iar Noi, ("A Moldavian Rehearsal or We And We Again"), 1844, comedy
- O soaré la mahala sau Amestecul de dorinţi, ("A Soiree in the Low-Life Neighborhood or The Mixture of Aspirations"), comedy
- Îngâmfata plăpumăreasă sau Cucoană sunt ("The Conceited Quiltmaker or A Lady I Am")
- Doi coţcari sau Feriţi-vă de răi ca de foc ("Two Swindlers or Avoid the Bad Ones Like Poison")
- Învierea morţilor ("The Resurrection of the Dead")
- Urmarea coţcarilor ("The Swindlers, A Sequel")
- Prologul pentru inaugurarea noului teatru din Bucureşti, ("Prologue at the Innauguration of the New Theater in Bucharest"), (1852), 1881
- Teatrul Naţional în Ţara Românească, ("The National Theater in Wallachia"), (1855), 1867
- Furiosul, ("Orlando Furioso" ?), 1840
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Costache Caragiale — Costache Caragiale. Costache Caragiale, né le 29 mars 1815 à Bucarest et mort dans la même ville le 13 février 1877, est un acteur, dramaturge et professeur d art dramatique. Il est l oncle du dramaturge Ion Luca Caragiale. Costache Caragiale fut … Wikipédia en Français
Caragiale — ist der Familienname folgender Personen: Costache Caragiale (1815–1877), rumänischer Schauspieler Ion Luca Caragiale (1852–1912), rumänischer Schriftsteller Mateiu Caragiale (1885–1936), rumänischer Schriftsteller und Maler Diese Seite ist e … Deutsch Wikipedia
Caragiale, Costache — ▪ Romanian actor born March 29, 1815, Bucharest, Walachia, Ottoman Empire [now in Romania] died Feb. 13, 1877, Bucharest, Rom. actor manager who helped to encourage the development of a unique Romanian drama. Caragiale made his stage… … Universalium
Ion Luca Caragiale — est un écrivain roumain (romancier, poète et dramaturge) né le 1er février 1852 à Haimanale dans le județ de Dâmbovița et mort le … Wikipédia en Français
Ion Luca Caragiale — Ion Luc … Wikipedia Español
Ion Luca Caragiale — Infobox Writer name = Ion Luca Caragiale imagesize = 180px caption = Ion Luca Caragiale pseudonym = birthdate = birth date|1852|2|1 birthplace = Haimanale, Wallachia deathdate = death date and age|1912|6|9|1852|1|30 deathplace = Berlin, German… … Wikipedia
National Theatre Bucharest — National Theatre I. L. Caragiale , Bucharest The National Theatre Bucharest (Romanian: Teatrul Naţional Ion Luca Caragiale Bucureşti) is one of the national theatres of Romania, located in the capital city of Bucharest … Wikipedia
Greeks in Romania — There has been a Greek presence in Romania for at least 27 centuries. At times, as during the Phanariote era, this presence has amounted to hegemony; at other times (including the present), the Greeks have simply been one among the area s many… … Wikipedia
Théâtre national de Bucarest — L actuel Théâtre national de Bucarest … Wikipédia en Français
List of Bucharesters — This is a list of native Bucharesters A* Adolf Albin (1848–1920) * Mircea Albulescu (born 1934) * Tudor Arghezi (1880–1967) * Vera Atkins (1908–2000) * Colette Avital (born 1940)B* Cezar Bădiţă (born 1979) * Nicolae Bălcescu (1819–1852) * Cezar… … Wikipedia