- One California Plaza
One California Plaza
One California Plaza with the edge of Two California Plaza to the left
General information Type Commercial offices Location 300 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, California
Coordinates Coordinates: Construction started 1983 Completed 1985 Height Roof 176 m (577 ft) Technical details Floor count 42 Floor area 87,037 m2 (936,860 sq ft) Elevator count 24 Design and construction Management MPG Office Trust Main contractor The Beck Group Architect Arthur Erickson Architects Developer Metropolitan Structures West Structural engineer Martin & Huang International References 
One California Plaza is a 176 m (577 ft) skyscraper located on the Bunker Hill District district of downtown Los Angeles, California. The tower is part of the California Plaza project, consists of two unique skyscrapers, One California Plaza and Two California Plaza. The Plaza also is home to MOCA (Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art), Colburn School of Performing Arts, the Los Angeles Omni Hotel and a 1.5-acre (0.61 ha) water court.
California Plaza was a ten year, $1.2 billion project. Started in 1983, the Two California Plaza tower was completed in 1992 during a significant slump in the downtown Los Angeles real estate market. The tower opened with only 30 percent of its space leased and overall vacancy rates in downtown office space neared 25%. It was nearly 10 years before significant tall buildings were completed again in downtown Los Angeles.
California Plaza was originally planned to include 3 high rise tower office buildings instead of the two completed. Three California Plaza at 65 floors, was planned for a site just north of 4th St., directly across Olive St. from California Plaza's first two office highrises and was planned to house the Metropolitan Water District's permanent headquarters.
The construction and $23 million cost of the MOCA Grand Avenue building was part of a city-brokered deal with the developer of the California Plaza redevelopment project, Bunker Hill Associates, who received the use of an 11-acre (4.5 ha), publicly owned parcel of land.
- ^ One California Plaza at Emporis
- ^ One California Plaza at Glass Steel and Stone
- ^ One California Plaza at SkyscraperPage
- ^ One California Plaza at Structurae
- ^ a b "One California Plaza". Maquire Properties. http://www.maguireproperties.com/OneCaliforniaPlaza/index.php. Retrieved 2008-12-26.
- ^ Stevenson, Richard W. (November 11, 1991). "Office Glut Spreads in California". The New York Times. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D0CE7DD1731F932A25752C1A967958260&sec=&spon=&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink. Retrieved 13 August 2010.
- ^ Berton, Brad (April 26, 1993). "Los Angeles Community Redevelopment Agency's notice of default suit against Bunker Hill Associates". The Los Angeles Business Journal. http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Confusion+greets+Three+Cal+Plaza+default+notice,+some+see+union+tie-a013927656. Retrieved 13 August 2010.
- ^ Rutten, Tim (December 6, 2008). "What MOCA really needs". Los Angeles Times. http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-rutten6-2008dec06,0,3263190.column.
- ^ Hayes, Tome (May 12, 1985). "Los Angeles: For Downtown, An Ambitious Mixed-Use Project". The New York Times. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0DEED9153BF931A25756C0A963948260&sec=&spon=&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink. Retrieved 13 August 2010.
- Cameron, Robert (1990). Above Los Angeles. San Francisco: Cameron & Company. ISBN 9780918684486.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
One California Plaza — Координаты: 34°03′08.02″ с. ш. 118°15′04.71″ з. д. / 34.05223° с. ш. 118.251311° з. д. … Википедия
One Bush Plaza — The Crown Zellerbach Building (left) standing alongside the Shell Building from Market Street Alternative names Crown Zellerbach Building General information … Wikipedia
One Maritime Plaza — General information Type Office Location 300 Clay Street San Francisco … Wikipedia
One America Plaza — Alternative names Philips screwdriver Building General information Type Commercial offices … Wikipedia
One Shell Plaza — General information Location 910 Louisiana Street, Houston, Texas, United States Coordinates … Wikipedia
One America Plaza — Edificio Localización San Diego, California Uso(s) … Wikipedia Español
One Broadway Plaza — is a 37 story office tower expected to be built in downtown Santa Ana, California. The building is to be the tallest in Orange County, at 497 feet (151.5 m) tall. Site preparation began in 2005 but the project was stalled until 2010. As of… … Wikipedia
One Market Plaza — Coordinates: 37°47′36″N 122°23′39″W / 37.79340°N 122.39420°W / 37.79340; 122.39420 … Wikipedia
One Progress Plaza — For the Raleigh, North Carolina building, see One Progress Plaza (Raleigh, North Carolina). For other buildings with this building s former name of Bank of America Tower , see Bank of America Tower (disambiguation). The Tower at One Progress… … Wikipedia
California Plaza — The name California Plaza may refer to one of the following locations in Los Angeles:*Omni Los Angeles Hotel *One California Plaza *Two California Plaza … Wikipedia