- List of naval and land-based operations in Pacific Theater during World War II
List of Naval and land based operations in Pacific Theater during World War II including Japan,
Oceania, and Pacific Rim.
* "A-Go" (1944) flagicon|Japan — Japanese plan to engage and destroy the US Fleet during the
* "AL" (1942) flagicon|Japan — Japanese invasion of the western
* "I" (1943) flagicon|Japan — major Japanese air offensive to halt Allied advances on
New Guineaand Guadalcanal
* "FS" (1944) flagicon|Japan — Proposed Japanese plan to isolate Australia by capturing
New Caledonia, Samoaand Fiji.
* "K-1" (1942) flagicon|Japan — Japanese reconnaissance and air-raid on
* "Ka" (1942) flagicon|Japan — Japanese plan to destroy the US Fleet and recapture
* "Ke" (1943) flagicon|Japan — Japanese evacuation of
* "Ke-GO" (1943) flagicon|Japan — Japanese evacuation of
* "Ketsu-Go" (Decisive) (1945) flagicon|Japan — Japanese plans to counter US led invasion of
* "MO" (1942) flagicon|Japan — aborted Japanese invasion of
Port Moresbyin New Guinea
* "Sho-Go" (1945) flagicon|Japan — Japanese naval reaction to US invasion of Leyte
* "Tan No. 2" (1945) flagicon|Japan — long-range
Kamikazemission on Allied fleet anchorage at Ulithiatoll
* "Ten-Go" (1945) flagicon|Japan — Japanese naval sortie to defend Okinawa.
* "Z" (1941) flagicon|Japan — the Japanese attack on
* "Cartwheel" (1943-1944) — Allied thrusts in the
South West Pacific Area, aimed at isolating the major Japanese base at Rabaul.
** "Chronicle" (1943) — Allied landings at
Woodlark Islandand Kiriwina, New Guineain support of "Cartwheel".
** "Toenails" (1943) — Allied landings at
** "Postern" (1943) — Allied assault on
Lae, Papua New Guinea.
** "Goodtime" (1943) — New Zealand landing at
** "Blissful" (1943) — US landing at
** "Cherry Blossom" (1943) — US landing at
** "Dexerity" (1943-1944) — Allied landings at
Arawe, Cape Gloucsterand Saidorand the capture of Tuvulu aerodrome.
* "Cleanslate" (1943) flagicon|United States|1912 — US landings on the
* "Cottage" (1943) flagicon|United States|1912 flagicon|Canada|1921 — US and Canadian operation to recapture
Kiskain the Aleutians
* "Cyclone" (1944) — US airborne landings on
Noemfoor, Dutch New Guinea
* "Detachment" (1945) flagicon|United States|1912 — US invasion of
* "Downfall" (1945) — planned invasion of
** "Olympic" (planned for 1945, not executed) flagicon|United States|1912 — first of two prongs of the invasion of Japan
** "Coronet" (planned for 1946, not executed) flagicon|United States|1912 flagicon|United Kingdom flagicon|Canada|1921 flagicon|Australia — second of two prongs of the invasion of Japan
* "Fall River" (1942) — Allied reinforcement and airfield construction at
Milne Bay, Papua New Guinea.
* "Ferdinand" (1942) flagicon|Australia —
coastwatcherson Japanese-occupied islands
* "Flintlock" (1944) flagicon|United States|1912 — US assault on
** "Catchpole" (1944) flagicon|United States|1912 — US invasion of Eniwetok
** "Hailstone" (1944) — naval air attack on Truk
* "Forager" (1944) flagicon|United States|1912 — US assault on Marianas Islands.
* "Galvanic" (1943) flagicon|United States|1912 — US assault on
* "Iceberg" (1945) flagicon|United States|1912 flagicon|United Kingdom flagicon|Australia flagicon|New Zealand — US invasion of Okinawa
* "Inmate" (1945) flagicon|United Kingdom flagicon|New Zealand — British and New Zealand naval bombardment of Truk
* "Juneau" (1945) flagicon|United States|1912 — US minesweeping operations at Okinawa.
* "Lentil" (1945) flagicon|United Kingdom — air attack by
British Pacific Fleeton Pangkalan Brandan, eastern Sumatra
* "Majestic" (planned for 1945, not executed) — Planned Allied invasion of the Japanese Home Island of Kyushu. Scrapped in favour of "Operation Olympic" (under "Operation Downfall")
* "Meridian" (1945)flagicon|United Kingdom — air attack by
British Pacific Fleeton Palembang
* "PM" (1945) — removal of defensive minefield off
Auckland, New Zealand
* "Sandcrab" (1943) — US operation to recapture Attu in the
*"Starvation" (1945) flagicon|United States|1912 — American aerial mining of Japanese ports and waterways.
* "Stalemate" (1944) flagicon|United States|1912 — US assault on
* "Vengeance" (1943) flagicon|United States|1912 — The assassination of
Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
* "Watchtower" (1942) flagicon|United States|1912 — U.S. invasion of Guadalcanal
List of World War II military operations
* [http://ww2db.com/ref.php?q=O&c=x WW2DB: List of Axis Operations]
* [http://ww2db.com/ref.php?q=O&c=a WW2DB: List of Allied Operations]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Technology during World War II — World War II seriesv · d · e … Wikipedia
Military history of the United States during World War II — American B 17 Flying Fortresses in flight over Europe … Wikipedia
Strategic bombing during World War II — For a list of notable strategic bombings in the European Theatre of World War II, see List of air operations during the Battle of Europe. Main article: Air warfare of World War II Strategic bombing during World War II Part of World War II … Wikipedia
List of World War II topics (L) — # L Absinthe # L Adroit class destroyer # L affiche rouge (Poem) # L Ambroisie # L Arpège # L Astrance # L Atelier de Joël Robuchon # L Entrecôte # L Hôtel # L Origine du monde # L 2 Grasshopper # L Day # L. D. Meyer # L. H. Clermont # L. Patrick … Wikipedia
List of World War II films — Below is an incomplete list of fictional feature films or mini series which feature events of World War II in the narrative. A separate list of full fledged TV series appears at the end. Contents 1 Restrictions 2 Films made during the war … Wikipedia
World War II casualties — World War II was humanity s deadliest war, causing tens of millions of deaths. The tables below provide a detailed country by country count of human losses.Total human lossesThe total estimated human loss of life caused by World War II was… … Wikipedia
List of World War II military operations — This is a list of known World War II era military operations, and missions commonly associated with World War II. As of 2008 this is not a comprehensive list but most major operations which Axis and Allied combatants engaged in are included… … Wikipedia
Mediterranean, Middle East and African theatres of World War II — Mediterranean and African theatres of World War II Part of World War II … Wikipedia
Participants in World War II — [ Axis Powers in black, and neutral countries in grey.] The participants in World War II were those nations who either participated directly in or were affected by any of the theaters or events of World War II.World War II was primarily fought… … Wikipedia
Hispanic Americans in World War II — fought in every major battle in the European Theatre, from North Africa to the Battle of the Bulge, and in the Pacific Theater of Operations, from Bataan to Okinawa. According to the National World War II Museum, between 250,000 and 500,000… … Wikipedia