- Collision (disambiguation)
A collision is an isolated event in which two or more bodies exert relatively strong forces on each other for a relatively short time. This may specifically refer to:
- Traffic collision, two vehicles colliding
- Mid-air collision, two planes colliding
- Ship collision, two ships colliding
Collision may also refer to:
- Collision (band), a heavy metal band in the 1990s
- Collision (film), a documentary of a debate about Christianity between Christopher Hitchens and Douglas Wilson
- A Collision, an album by David Crowder Band
- Collision (TV series) is a 2009 miniseries on ITV1
- "Collision" (CSI: Miami), an episode of CSI: Miami
- "Collision" (Lost), an episode of the television show Lost
- "Collision" (Heroes), an episode of the television show Heroes
- Collisions (album), an album by Calla
- Collision, a multi-award winning abstract short film by Max Hattler (2005)
- Continental collision in plate tectonics
- Collision detection, algorithms for detecting collisions between objects in a simulation
- Hash collision, when a cryptographic hash function returns the same output for two different inputs
- Write collision, when data is lost due to an attempt by multiple entities to simultaneously write to a single memory location
Networking and telecommunications
A collision is the situation that occurs when two or more demands are made simultaneously on equipment that can handle only one at any given instant. It may refer to:
- Collision domain, a physical network segment where data packets can "collide"
- Carrier sense multiple access with collision avoidance, (CSMA/CA) used for example with wireless LANs
- Carrier sense multiple access with collision detection, (CSMA/CD) used with Ethernet
- Late collision, a specific type of collision that shouldn't occur on properly operating networks
- All pages beginning with "collision"
- All pages with titles containing "collision"
- Collide (disambiguation)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Collision course (disambiguation) — Collision course refers to one opposing object or philosophy moving towards another expecting to collide. It may also refer to: Collision Course (album), an album by Jay Z Linkin Park Collision Course (film), action comedy starring actors Jay… … Wikipedia
Collision — For other uses, see Collision (disambiguation). A collision is an isolated event which two or more moving bodies (colliding bodies) exert forces on each other for a relatively short time. Although the most common colloquial use of the word… … Wikipedia
Collision avoidance — may refer to: Collision avoidance (spacecraft) Collision avoidance (networking) Collision avoidance system in automobiles Aircraft collision avoidance systems Positive train control Automatic Identification System for collision avoidance in water … Wikipedia
Collision resolution — may refer to Hash table implementations in computer science Collision response in classical mechanics This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal lin … Wikipedia
Collision avoidance system — This article is about collision avoidance in automobiles; for other modes, see collision avoidance (disambiguation). A collision avoidance system is a system of sensors that is placed within a car to warn its driver of any dangers that may lie… … Wikipedia
Collision avoidance (spacecraft) — In spaceflight, collision avoidance is the process of preventing a spacecraft from colliding with any other vehicle or object. Contents 1 Launch Windows 2 On Orbit Avoidance 3 References 4 See also … Wikipedia
Collision course — This article is about the movement of one object or philosophy towards another. For other uses, see Collision course (disambiguation). A collision course, also known as a kamikaze run, is the deliberate maneuver by the operator of a moving object … Wikipedia
A Collision — This article is about David Crowder album. For other uses, see Collision (disambiguation). A Collision Studio album by David Crowder Band … Wikipedia
Collider (disambiguation) — A collider is a type of particle accelerator. Collider may also refer to: Collider (epidemiology), a statistical variable Collider (Fur Patrol album), 2003 Collider (Sam Roberts album), 2011 See also Large Knowledge Collider, a collaborative… … Wikipedia
Coulomb (disambiguation) — Coulomb or Coulombs may refer to: Charles Augustin de Coulomb (1736–1806), French physicist, also: Coulomb, a unit of electric charge Coulomb s law, in electrostatics Coulomb blockade, an increased resistance of certain electronic devices Coulomb … Wikipedia