- Diwan (school)
The Diwan concept, which allows children to learn French and Breton through immersion was inspired by the Gaelscoileanna movement in Ireland, Ikastolak movement in the Basque Country and the Mudiad Ysgolion Meithrin movement in Wales however as Diwan educates up to age 18 its schools are more like Welsh medium education schools in Wales.
From ages 2–6, Breton is the sole language of instruction. At the age of 7 and a half, French is introduced during 2 out of 26 school hours. When the students are 10, French (6 hours out of 23) is taught at the same level as Breton. This remains the same when they reach middle school, but English and a choice of Spanish or German are taught in addition.
The first Diwan school was created by a few parents in 1977 at Lampaul-Ploudalmézeau (Breton: Lambaol-Gwitalmeze) near Brest, because the centralized French state schools were unwilling to offer the Breton language in the curriculum. The initial nursery school was followed by the first primary school in 1980, the first collège in 1988 and the first lycée in 1994.
In 2008, Diwan schools celebrated their 30th anniversary and organizing Ar Redadeg, a non-stop race through Brittany in support of Breton language learning in schools, which has little support from French central government.
In 2011-2012, 3.528 pupils attended Diwan schools throughout Brittany at all levels from preschool to the Baccalaureat. A Diwan preschool opened in Paris in September 2004. The network included 35 primary-level schools as of the start of the academic year 2007.
• 1977 Formation of Diwan. Gweltaz ar Fur as first chairman.
• May 1977 : Opening of the first class with just 5 children at Lambaol-Gwitalmeze (Denez Abernot as the first teacher)
• September 1977 : Opening of Diwan school in Kemper (Quimper fr.)
• September 1980 : Opening of first "primary school" class.
• September 1988 : Opening of first "secondary school" class. skolaj Diwan kentañ e Brest with 8 pupils this relocated two years later to a larger site near Brest in Releg-Kerhuon.
• September 1994 : Opening of first "upper secondary school" lise Diwan at Releg-Kerhuon.
• September 1995 : Opening of the second "secondary school" at Plijidi in the department of Aodoù an Arvor (Cotes d'Armor fr.) Soon followed by another at Kemper and one at Plañvour (relocated now to Wened (Vannes fr.). Further units were also formed at Treglonoù and Wiseni .
• 1997 : Founding of a Lycee Lise Diwan at Karaez in central Brittany
• September 2006 : Schools formed at Louaneg and ar Chapel-Nevez.
• October 2007 : Opening of Diwan school in Kastellin
• September 2008 : Opening of first "secondary school" in "Loire Atlantique fr. Liger-Atlantel (at Sant-Ervlan) and schools at Lokournan and Magoer, near to Roazhon. (Rennes fr.)
• September 2009 : Opening of two Diwan schools in Rianteg in Bro-Wened (Historical region around Vannes with its own distinct Breton dialect and at Savenneg e Bro-Naoned. (Pays de Nantes)
- Gaelscoileanna - comparable Irish-medium education
- Ikastolak - comparable Basque-medium education
- Ysgolion Meithrin - comparable Welsh-medium education
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Diwan — Dewan, Diwan or Divan may refer to: The Arabic/Persian word Dewan or Divan (دیوان), with a range of meanings: book The Diwan or Girgam, a record of the Kanem Empire Diwan (poetry), a collection of Persian, Arabic, or Urdu poetry hence, Diwani, a… … Wikipedia
Diwan-Ballubhai School — is a Secondary school in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. Established in 1908 with 102 students on the roll it is one of the oldest schools in the city. History 1908 1932 1908 School started at Maskati Market, approved by Government and University.… … Wikipedia
Diwan College of Management — (zh t|t=致遠管理學院 ), founded in 1990, is the second college of Madou in Tainan County. It was founded by Mr. Wang Hung Tien (zh c|c=王宮田),and his wife, Ms. Huang Hsin Mong(zh c|c=黃秀孟). Mr. Wang was an educator, and his wife was a legislator. With a… … Wikipedia
Diwan Rahul Nanda — Dr. Diwan Rahul Nanda Dr. Diwan Rahul Nanda receiving an award during Frost Sullivan Building Technologies Excellence Awards 2007. Born Rahul Randhir Nanda 3 February 1971 (1971 02 03) (age … Wikipedia
Govt. Model Higher Secondary School — Govt. Model Higher Secondary School, (earlier called Govt. Model High School) is a premier institution located in Thycaud, Thiruvananthapuram. The school is affiliated to the Kerala State Board of Education.HistoryThe school was started in 1905… … Wikipedia
St. Mary's Higher Secondary School, Pattom, Trivandrum — St. Mary s Malankara Syrian Catholic Higher Secondary School Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram, is a prestigious educational institution of the Syro Malankara Catholic Church. It was founded in 1940 by Archbishop Mar Ivanios, who has been called the… … Wikipedia
AICAR Business School — infobox university name = AICAR BUSINESS SCHOOL methodology = Learning by doing established = 2002 type = AICTE Approved Business School city = Neral, Raigad state = Maharashtra country = INDIA campus = Rural, convert|33|acre|km2] website = [http … Wikipedia
Arabic language school — Arabic language schools are language schools specialized in teaching Arabic as a foreign language to speakers of other languages. There are different types of Arabic language schools based on their focused branch, target audience, methods of… … Wikipedia
Carhaix-Plouguer — French commune nomcommune=Carhaix Plouguer native name=Karaez Plougêr caption=The bell tower of Saint Pierre de Plouguer x=30 y=85 lat long=coord|48|16|42|N|03|34|02|W|region:FR type:city insee=29024 cp=29270 région=Bretagne département=Finistère … Wikipedia
Quimper — Kemper The Odet River in the centre of Quimper … Wikipedia