Meristogenys Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Subphylum: Vertebrata Class: Amphibia Subclass: Lissamphibia Order: Anura Suborder: Neobatrachia Superfamily: Ranoidea Family: Ranidae Genus: Meristogenys
8, and see text
Its closest living relative is apparently the Hole-in-the-head Frog (Huia cavitympanum), type species of the highly polyphyletic "wastebin genus" Huia. Meristogenys, having been proposed far more recently than Huia, might be included in the latter on grounds of phylogeny, as most if not all species placed in the Huia seem to belong elsewhere. But a group of species traditionally placed in Huia as well as the genus Clinotarsus are very close relatives, and therefore a taxonomic revision of this group is probably better deferred until the relationships of all taxa involved have been properly assessed.
- Meristogenys amoropalamus
- Meristogenys dyscritus
- Meristogenys jerboa
- Meristogenys kinabaluensis
- Meristogenys macrophthalmus
- Meristogenys orphnocnemis
- Meristogenys phaeomerus
- Meristogenys poecilus
- Meristogenys whiteheadi
- ^ Stuart (2008)
- ^ Cai et al. (2007), Stuart (2008)
- ^ Shimada, T., Matsui, M., Yambun, P. and Sudin, A. (2011). "A survey of morphological variation in adult Meristogenys amoropalamus (Amphibia, Anura, Ranidae), with a description of a new cryptic species". Zootaxa 2905: 33–56. http://www.mapress.com/zootaxa/2011/f/zt02897p056.pdf.
- Cai, Hong-xia; Che, Jing, Pang, Jun-feng; Zhao, Er-mi & Zhang, Ya-ping (2007): Paraphyly of Chinese Amolops (Anura, Ranidae) and phylogenetic position of the rare Chinese frog, Amolops tormotus. Zootaxa 1531: 49–55. PDF abstract and first page text
- Stuart, Bryan L. (2008): The phylogenetic problem of Huia (Amphibia: Ranidae). Mol. Phylogenet. Evol. 46(1): 49-60. doi:10.1016/j.ympev.2007.09.016 (HTMl abstract)
This true frog article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.