- Night Watch
A Night Watch is a lookout, guard or patrol at night, in a nautical, military or police context; see Watchman (law enforcement).
Night Watch or Nightwatch as a proper name may refer to:
- Night Watch (painting), the popular name of Rembrandt van Rijn's Company of Frans Banning Cocq and Willem van Ruytenburch in the Rijksmuseum
- The Night Watch, a 1599 almaine by composer Anthony Holborne 
- "The Night Watch" (King Crimson song), a song about the Rembrandt painting on King Crimson's 1974 album Starless and Bible Black
- Nightwatch (album), a 1978 album by Kenny Loggins
- The Night Watch (album), King Crimson's 1997 live album featuring "The Night Watch"
- Nightwatch (jazz album), a 2003 album by Silje Nergaard
- "Night Watch", a song by Tegan & Sara from their 2009 album Sainthood
- Night Watch, a 1972 play by Lucille Fletcher
- Night Watch, a 1989 UNACO novel by Alastair MacNeill whose plot centres on the theft of Rembrandt's Night Watch
- Night Watch (Greyhawk), a 1990 fantasy novel by Robin Wayne Bailey, set in the city of Greyhawk
- The Night Watch, a 1997 fantasy novel by Sean Stewart
- Night Watch (Russian novel), 1998 opening of Sergei Lukyanenko's Watch fantasy tetralogy
- Nightwatch, a 1999 novel by Richard P. Henrick
- Night Watch (Discworld), a 2002 novel in Terry Pratchett's Discworld sequence
- The Night Watch (Waters novel), a 2006 novel by Sarah Waters
- The Night Watch (1918 film) 
- The Night Watch (1926 film) 
- Night Watch (1928 film) by Alexander Korda 
- Le Trou (1960), a French prison escape film called The Night Watch in the U.S.
- Night Watch (1973 film), based on the Lucille Fletcher play
- Night Watch (1995 film), also known as Alistair MacLean's Night Watch, based on Alastair MacNeill's novel
- Nattevagten (English: Nightwatch), a 1994 Danish horror/thriller film
- Nightwatch (1997 film), a US remake of Nattevagten
- Night Watch (2004 film) (Ночной дозор, Nochnoy dozor), a Russian blockbuster based on Lukyanenko's novel
- Ronda Nocturna (English: Night Watch) a 2005 Argentine film by Edgardo Cozarinsky
- Night Watch, a 2005 video game based on Lukyanenko's novels and the 2004 film
Fictional characters and groups
- Nightwatch (Babylon 5), a fictional intelligence organization and secret police in Babylon 5
- Nightwatch (comics), a Marvel Comics character
- Raphael (TMNT), who uses the alias "Nightwatcher" in the movie TMNT
- The Night's Watch, a military brotherhood in the A Song of Ice and Fire fantasy novels by George R.R. Martin.
- CBS News Nightwatch, an overnight news program that aired on CBS from 1982 to 1992 before being renamed Up to the Minute
- Nightwatch with Steve Scott, a UK television documentary series hosted by Steve Scott airing on ITV nightly from around midnight
- NIGHTWATCH, a United States military call sign used to designate an airborne communications net intended to be activated in case of nuclear conflict
- Boeing EC-135 Nightwatch, or later, Boeing E-4B Nightwatch, a United States presidential emergency command and control aircraft
- Night Watch, the horse that won the 1918 Melbourne Cup
- Nochnoy Dozor (group), pressure group in Estonia
- Night watchman
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Night Watch — (engl. für „Nachtwache“) bezeichnet: Night Watch (1973), britischer Spielfilm mit Elizabeth Taylor, siehe Die Nacht der tausend Augen Night Watch, Romanserie von Sergei Lukjanenko, siehe Wächter Romane Night Watch (2004), russischer Spielfilm,… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Night watch — Night Night (n[imac]t), n. [OE. night, niht, AS. neaht, niht; akin to D. nacht, OS. & OHG. naht, G. nacht, Icel. n[=o]tt, Sw. natt, Dan. nat, Goth. nahts, Lith. naktis, Russ. noche, W. nos, Ir. nochd, L. nox, noctis, Gr. ny x, nykto s, Skr. nakta … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
night-watch — nightˈ watch noun 1. A watch or guard at night 2. A person who is on guard at night 3. The time of watch at night • • • Main Entry: ↑night … Useful english dictionary
night-watch — (n.) guard kept during the night, late O.E.; see NIGHT (Cf. night) + WATCH (Cf. watch) (n.) … Etymology dictionary
night watch — night′ watch n. 1) a watch or guard kept during the night 2) a person or the persons keeping such a watch 3) Usu., night watches. the periods into which the night was divided in ancient times • Etymology: bef. 1000 … From formal English to slang
night watch — n. 1. a watching or guarding during the night 2. the person or persons doing such guarding 3. the time of their guarding 4. any of the periods into which the night was formerly divided for such guarding usually used in pl … English World dictionary
night watch — night ,watch noun count the time when a guard stays awake during the night in order to protect a place from attack or danger … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
Night Watch — Cette page d’homonymie répertorie les différents sujets et articles partageant un même nom. Article connexe : Le Veilleur de nuit. Night Watch est un terme anglais qui peut être traduit par « veilleur de nuit » ou « veille de… … Wikipédia en Français
night watch — noun a watch during the night (as from midnight to 8 a.m.) • Syn: ↑graveyard watch, ↑middle watch, ↑midwatch • Hypernyms: ↑watch * * * night watching. 1. a watch or guard kept during the night. 2 … Useful english dictionary
night watch — UK / US noun [countable] Word forms night watch : singular night watch plural night watches the time when a guard stays awake during the night in order to protect a place from attack or danger … English dictionary