- Mid-India Yearly Meeting
Mid-India Yearly Meeting Classification Quaker Associations Friends World Committee for Consultation Geographical areas Madhya Pradesh, India Origin
Branched from London Yearly Meeting Congregations 6 Primary schools 4
Mid-India Yearly Meeting is a yearly meeting of the Religious Society of Friends in Madhya Pradesh state in mid-India. Quakerism came to mid-India as a result of missionaries from London Yearly Meeting who were members of the Friends Foreign Mission Association. Missions were established in Mid-India in 1866 by the Friends Foreign Mission Association. Mid-India Yearly Meeting was founded as an independent yearly meeting in 1907 in Hoshangabad.
There are six monthly meetings in Mid-India Yearly Meeting: Hoshangabad Friends Meeting, Itarsi Friends Meeting, Kheda Friends Meeting (also in Itarsi), Sohagpur Friends Meeting, Seoni Malwa Friends Meeting and Makoriya Friends Meeting. There are three schools in Itarsi which were founded and still run by Friends, but which now belong to the Indian government. There is also the Sohugpur Friends' Girls' School which was founded by Friends and continues to be run by Mid-India Yearly Meeting Friends.
- ^ a b Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC) (April 2009). "List of Meetings" (in English). http://www.fwccworld.org/find_friends/index.php#awps. Retrieved 2009-07-17.
- ^ Mundus. "Library of the Religious Society of Friends" (in English). http://www.mundus.ac.uk/cgi-bin/search?coll_id=235&inst_id=7. Retrieved 2009-07-17.
- ^ Haberman, Frederick (1972) (in English). Nobel Lectures, Peace, 1926-1950. Nobel Lectures. Amsterdam, Netherlands: Elsevier. http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/1947/friends-council-history.html.
- ^ a b c d Arnett, Mary. "Brief History of Friends in India" (in English). Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. http://www.pym.org/pym_wgs/comments.php?id=2494_0_257_0_C. Retrieved 2009-07-17. [dead link]
- ^ Gregory, Linley (2004). "Asia - West Pacific Section" (in English). Trustees' Report 2003. Friends' World Committee for Consultation. pp. 10. http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/registeredcharities/ScannedAccounts/Ends47%5C0000211647_AC_20031231_E_C.pdf.
- ^ Friends World Committee for Consultation Asia and West Pacific Section. "FWCC Asia and West Pacific Section Affiliated Yearly Meetings and Groups" (in English). Friends World Committee for Consultation. http://fwccawps.org/find_friends/index.php. Retrieved 2009-07-17.
Religious Society of Friends Quakers Groups Testimonies Other
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Yearly Meeting — Members of the Religious Society of Friends, or Quakers, use the term Yearly Meeting to refer to an organization composed of a collection of smaller, more frequent constituent meetings within a geographical area. These constituent meetings go by… … Wikipedia
Bundelkhand Yearly Meeting — (Bundelkhand Masihi Mitr Samaj) is a yearly meeting of the Religious Society of Friends in the Bundelkhand region of Madhya Pradesh state in mid India. It was formed from Friends Churches set up by missionaries from Ohio Yearly Meeting in 1896.… … Wikipedia
India Pentecostal Church of God — The Indian Pentecostal Church of God (IPC) is the largest indigenous Pentecostal movement in India, with its headquarters at Hebron, Kumbanad, Kerala, India. The movement was established in 1924 and registered on December 9, 1935 at Eluru, Andhra … Wikipedia
Quakers — Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) Logo used by Friends service organisations since the late 19th century Classification Protestant Theology Evangelical, Liberal, Orthod … Wikipedia
Friends World Committee for Consultation — Friend World Committee for Consultation (FWCC) is a Quaker organization that works to communicate between all parts of Quakerism. FWCC s world headquarters is based in London [ [http://www.fwccworld.org/ FWCC World office homepage] ] . It has… … Wikipedia
Jahresversammlung (Quäkertum) — Eine Jahresversammlung ist im Quäkertum eine Organisationseinheit der Administrative. Sie vereint in der Regel mehrere so genannte Vierteljahresversammlungen unter sich; oder verschiedene Monatsversammlungen. In Deutschland werden die… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Christianity in Madhya Pradesh — Christianity is a minority in Madhya Pradesh, a state of India. Hindus form the majority in the state. The Diocese of Bhopal and the Diocese of Jabalpur of the Church of North India have their seat in Madhya Pradesh. The Roman Catholic… … Wikipedia
Evangelical Friends International — (EFI) is an branch of Religious Society of Friends (Quaker) Yearly meetings (regional associations) around the world that profess evangelical Christian beliefs. History The Society of Friends suffered a series of schisms in the early 19th Century … Wikipedia
Economic Affairs — ▪ 2006 Introduction In 2005 rising U.S. deficits, tight monetary policies, and higher oil prices triggered by hurricane damage in the Gulf of Mexico were moderating influences on the world economy and on U.S. stock markets, but some other… … Universalium
religion — religionless, adj. /ri lij euhn/, n. 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and… … Universalium