- Meetings, incentives, conferencing, exhibitions
Meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions. The acronym MICE is applied inconsistently with the “E” sometimes referring to events  and the “C” sometimes referring to conventions. MICE is used to refer to a particular type of tourism in which large groups, usually planned well in advance, are brought together for some particular purpose. Recently, there has been an industry trend towards using the term meetings industry to avoid confusion from the acronym.. Other industry educators are recommending the use of "Events Industry" to be an umbrella term for the vast scope of the meeting and events profession.
Most components of MICE are well understood, perhaps with the exception of incentives. Incentive tourism is usually undertaken as a type of employee reward by a company or institution for targets met or exceeded, or a job well done. Unlike the other types of MICE tourism, incentive tourism is usually conducted purely for entertainment, rather than professional or educational purposes.
MICE tourism usually includes a well-planned agenda centered around a particular theme or topic, such as profession trade organization, a special interest group or an educational topic. Such tourism is often a specialized area with its own exhibition. (e.g.: IMEX , EIBTM  , GIBTM , AIBTM , CIBTM . and AIME . ) and practices. Location of MICE events are normally bid on by specialized convention bureaux located in particular countries and cities and established for the purpose of bidding on MICE activities. This process of marketing and bidding is normally conducted well in advance of the actual event, often several years. MICE tourism is known for its extensive planning and demanding clientele.
- ^ "Definition of "MICE"". thefreedictionary.com. http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/MICE. Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- ^ "Definition of "MICE"". International Congress & Convention Association. http://www.iccaworld.com/aeps/aeitem.cfm?aeid=29. Retrieved 2007-05-30.
- ^ "Society of Incentive & Travel Executives". http://www.site-intl.org/. Retrieved 2007-05-30.
- ^ "IMEX: The Worldwide Exhibition for Incentive Travel, Meetings and Events". http://www.imex-frankfurt.com/. Retrieved 2007-05-30.
- ^ EIBTM – The Global Meetings & Events Exhibition, Barcelona, Spain,.
- ^ GIBTM – The Gulf Incentive, Business Travel & Meetings Exhibition, Abu Dhabi, UAE,.
- ^ AIBTM – The Americas Meetings & Events Exhibition, Baltimore, USA,.
- ^ CIBTM – The China Incentive, Business Travel & Meetings Exhibition, Beijing, China,.
- ^ AIME – The Asia-Pacific Meetings Expo, Melbourne, Australia,.
- ^ "Conclusions of the International Seminar on MICE Tourism and Business Tourism, Santiago, Chile, 25–26 May 2005". World Tourism Organization. http://www.unwto.org/regional/americas/Sem-Chile/conclusions-ing.pdf. Retrieved 2007-05-30.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing, Exhibitions — Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions. The acronym MICE is applied inconsistently with the “E” sometimes referring to events and the “C” sometimes referring to conventions. MICE is used to refer to a particular type of tourism in… … Wikipedia
MakeMyTrip — Type Public Traded as NASDAQ: MMYT Industry Travel Tourism Founded April 1, 2000 … Wikipedia
Pattaya Exhibition and Convention Hall — Location Pattaya, Thailand Type Convention center Opened 2000 Renova … Wikipedia
MICE — is an acronym for:*Muon Ionization Cooling Experiment * Money, Ideology, Compromise, Ego , four factors by which spies may be recruited. See MICE (espionage). * Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing, Exhibitions , terminology for banquets, etc., in… … Wikipedia
Marina Bay Sands — Address 10 Bayfront Avenue Singapore 018956 +65 6688 8888 Opening date … Wikipedia
Паттайский выставочный зал и конгресс-холл — Pattaya Exhibition and Convention Hall Паттайский выставочный зал и конгресс холл («ПИЧ») – первоклассный многофункциональный комплекс для проведения массовых мероприятий, интегрированный в структуру … Википедия
Mice (disambiguation) — Mice may refer to: Contents 1 Fiction 2 Acronyms 3 Other 4 See also Fiction Mice (hyperintelligent pan dimensional beings), alien species in … Wikipedia
Pattaya Exhibition and Convention Hall — 12° 55′ 28″ N 100° 51′ 44″ E / 12.92438, 100.86236 … Wikipédia en Français
Singapore Expo — The Singapore Expo (Chinese: 新加坡博览中心) is the largest convention and exhibition venue in Singapore with 100,000 square metres of column free, indoor space spread over 10 halls. Built and managed by PSA Corporation, and funded by the Ministry of… … Wikipedia
MICE — Meetings Incentives Conventions And Exhibitions (Business » International Business) **** Meetings Incentives Conferences And Exhibitions (Business » General) * Meeting Incentive Conference And Exhibition (Community » Conferences) * Multimedia… … Abbreviations dictionary