Charlton Park Historic Village and Museum


Charlton Park Historic Village and Museum

Historic Charlton Park: Village, Museum and Recreation Area is a historically oriented local facility of Barry County, Michigan that sits on 310 acres (1.3 km2) along the Thornapple River.

The village is made up of a number of nineteenth and early-twentieth century structures that have been brought together from around the county to recreate turn-of-the-century Michigan village. Buildings include a lawyer's home, blacksmith shop, bank and insurance office, barber shop, inn and stagecoach stop, Church, carpenter/cooper shop, carriage house, general store, hardware store, school, printshop, cabin, sawmill, and the Hastings Township Hall. Currently, the 1849 mission house located on the property, known as Indian Landing, is being excavated by a local university.

Besides the historic village and museum, there is a swimming beach on the Thornapple River, along which the park is located.

External links

Coordinates: 42°37′16″N 85°12′12″W / 42.621°N 85.2033°W / 42.621; -85.2033


Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.

Look at other dictionaries:


Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.