- Clementi Police Division
The Clementi Police Division (or 'D' Division, Chinese: 金文泰警区) is a police division of the Singapore Police Force. Covering the south-wested parts of Singapore, it controls an area of about 70 square kilometres which includes all or part of Bukit Merah, Bukit Timah, Clementi, Queenstown, Jurong East, as well as off-shore islands such as Sentosa and Jurong Island. Four Neighbourhood Police Centres (NPC) and 11 Neighbourhood Police Posts (NPP) comes under the management of the Division.
'D' Division was first formed in 1964 with its headquarters at Queenstown Police Station, Queenstown, which was sited directly across the road from the Police Reserve Unit 2 stationed at Queensway Base. This base also provided accommodations for off-duty single male officers then. Changing demographies and the rapid development of the suburbs resulted in the shifting of the divisional headquarters to its present location in Clementi in 1987.
'D' Division was the first division in which the NPC system was implemented and went on trial. The first such NPC, Queenstown Neighbourhood Police Centre, opened its doors on 1 October 1997 before being officially opened by Mr Wong Kang Seng, Minister for Home Affairs, on 20 December 1997. Operating from a temporary site beside the Queenstown MRT Station, it has since moved to a new site co-located with the new fire station of the Singapore Civil Defence Force. The other three NPCs has since moved into permanent buildings, although the Clementi Neighbourhood Police Centre was setup at the existing facilities of the Clementi Police Station now co-located with the division headquarters.
- Clementi Police Divisional Headquarters
- Bukit Merah West Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Clementi Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Jurong East Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Queenstown Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Alexandra Neighbourhood Police Post
- Ayer Rajah Neighbourhood Police Post
- Bukit Timah Neighbourhood Police Post
- Buona Vista Neighbourhood Police Post
- Clementi Neighbourhood Police Post
- Commonwealth Neighbourhood Police Post
- Dover Neighbourhood Police Post
- Pasir Panjang Neighbourhood Police Post
- Telok Blangah Neighbourhood Police Post
- Ulu Pandan Neighbourhood Police Post
- West Coast Neighbourhood Police Post
- ^ "10.30pm Television Corporation of Singapore English News: OVER 32 NPCS TO BE SET UP TO BOOST COMMUNITY BASED POLICING". National Archive of Singapore. 14 July 1997. http://misas.nhb.gov.sg/avs/public/internetSearch/catalogueForm.jsp?command=loadUpdate&id=1997000634&total=11725&searchType=1&startIndex=8490¤tPageNo=2077&startPageNo=1&startNoBatch=0&count=10&source=Television+Corporation+of+Singapore. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- ^ "The Official Opening of The 1st Civil Defence (CD) Division HQ, Alexandra Fire Station and Queensway Neighbourhood Police Centre (NPC) - Speech by Mr Wong Kan Seng, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister For Home Affairs, 6 September 2005" (Press release). Ministry of Home Affairs (Singapore). 6 September 2005. http://www.mha.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?nid=NTkz-4sOU4bE%2FJes%3D. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
Establishments and installations of the Singapore Police Force Ang Mo Kio Police DHQ
NPCs: Ang Mo Kio North · Ang Mo Kio South · Hougang · Sembawang · Serangoon · Sengkang · Yishun North · Yishun SouthNPPs: Chong Pang · Hougang · Kebun Baru · Nee Soon South · Paya Lebar · Serangoon Gardens · Serangoon North · Teck Ghee
Bedok Police DHQ
NPCs: Bedok North · Bedok South · Changi · Geylang · Marine Parade · Pasir Ris · TampinesNPPs: Bedok · Chai Chee · Changkat · Eunos · Geylang Serai · Geylang West · Joo Chiat · Kaki Bukit · Kampong Kembangan · Kampong Ubi · MacPherson · Marine Parade · Mountbatten · Siglap · Tanah Merah · Tampines East · Tampines North
Central Police DHQ
NPCs: Bukit Merah East · RochorNPPs: Kallang · Kampong Glam · Kolam Ayer · Kreta Ayer · Radin Mas · Tanjong Pagar · Tiong Bahru
Clementi Police DHQ
NPCs: Bukit Merah West · Clementi · Jurong East · QueenstownNPPs: Alexandra · Ayer Rajah · Bukit Timah · Buona Vista · Clementi · Commonwealth · Dover · Pasir Panjang · Telok Blangah · Ulu Pandan · West Coast
Jurong Police DHQ
NPCs: Bukit Batok · Bukit Panjang · Choa Chu Kang · Jurong West · Nanyang · WoodlandsNPPs: Boon Lay · Bukit Batok · Bukit Panjang North · Bukit Panjang South · Choa Chu Kang · Hong Kah North · Hong Kah South · Jurong · Marsiling · Nanyang Extended
Tanglin Police DHQ
NPCs: Bishan · Bukit Timah · Kampong Java · Orchard · Toa PayohNPPs: Aljunied · Bishan · Boon Teck South · Cairnhill · Kim Keat · Kim Seng · Moulmein · Potong Pasir · River Valley · Thomson · Whampoa Extended · Whitley
- Clementi Police Divisional Headquarters
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Clementi, Singapore — This article is about the neighbourhood Clementi in Singapore. For other uses, see Clementi (disambiguation). Clementi English Clementi Chinese 金文泰 (Pinyin Jīnwéntài) Malay Clementi … Wikipedia
Toa Payoh Police Station — Coordinates: 01°20′23″N 103°51′0″E / 1.33972°N 103.85°E / 1.33972; 103.85 The Toa Payoh Police Division … Wikipedia
National Police Cadet Corps — Abbreviation NPCC Logo of the National Police Cadet Corps … Wikipedia
Old Police Academy, Singapore — Coordinates: 1°19′47.11″N 103°50′15.40″E / 1.3297528°N 103.837611°E / 1.3297528; 103.837611 The … Wikipedia
Neighbourhood police centre — A neighbourhood police centre (NPC) is a mid sized police station in Singapore, introduced in 1997 to replace the Singapore Police Force s Neighbourhood Police Post (NPP) system. Based similarly on the concepts of community policing and modelled… … Wikipedia
Commissioner of Police (Singapore) — The Commissioner of Police (abbreviation: CP, Chinese: 警察总监) is the top ranking police officer of the Singapore Police Force. Assisted by the Deputy Commissioner of Police, he reports to the Minister for Home Affairs. The post was created with… … Wikipedia
Old Hill Street Police Station — Coordinates: 1°17′26.61″N 103°50′53.31″E / 1.290725°N 103.8481417°E / 1.290725; 103.8481417 … Wikipedia
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Singapore) — The Deputy Commissioner of Police (abbreviation: DCP or DC, Chinese: 副警察总监) is the second most senior police rank of a senior officer in the Singapore Police Force above the rank of Senior Assistant Commissioner and below that of the Commissioner … Wikipedia
Neighbourhood Police Centre — A Neighbourhood Police Centre (NPC) is a mid sized police station in Singapore, introduced in 1997 to replace the Singapore Police Force s Neighbourhood Police Post (NPP) system. Based similarly on the concepts of community policing and modelled… … Wikipedia
List of Singapore-related topics — This is a list of topics related to Singapore. For a similar list in alphabetical order, see list of Singapore related topics by alphabetical order. Those interested in the subject can monitor changes to the pages by clicking on Related changes… … Wikipedia