- List of open source computer hardware suppliers
This list includes:
- computer hardware that is open source and;
- proprietary hardware:
- Asus - ASUSTeK Computer Incorporated (traditional Chinese: 華碩電腦股份有限公司; pinyin: Huáshuò Diànnaǒ Gǔfèn Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī) is a multinational computer product manufacturer centered in Taiwan. Linux on ASUS Laptops (user experiences)
- Lemote - Lemote (simplified Chinese: 江苏中科梦兰电子科技有限公司) is a computer company established as a joint venture between the Jiangsu Menglan Group and the Chinese Institute of Computing Technology. It develops and produces open source computing systems based on the Loongson CPU family and is most notably the supplier of Richard Stallman's laptop, a Lemote Yeeloong.
- IDA Systems - IDA 400 Notebook, India, see also Vendors
- Seiko Epson Corporation (セイコーエプソン株式会社 Seikō Epuson Kabushiki-gaisha ), more commonly known around the world as Epson, is a Japanese technology company and one of the world's largest manufacturers of computer printers, information and imaging related equipment. Headquartered in Suwa, Nagano, Japan. The LX 9000 desktop is the only Epson computer available with Linux preloaded and supported.
- Fit PC - Israel, low power consumption, Linux Mint and Microsoft Windows are options
- Abaco Computers Italian company with partially translated web site selling Linux notebooks and desktops
- ARLT no OS, Germany, see also Vendors
- Garlach44 - Italian web site, partially translated: Notebooks and Desktops preloaded only with GNU/Linux OSes, high customization of the products.
- Open PC greeniX in Germany (See also North America) Linux: “The first PC built by the community for the community”
- Qi Hardware Ben Nanonote (web site's data stored in Germany), not for “mass-market appeal. Part of that can be seen in the product's specifications, which are hardly top-of-the-line components for a laptop—or even a netbook—nowadays."
- Hewlett-Packard Open Source and Linux from HP
- Open PC ThinkPenguin in the U.S. (See also Europe) Linux: “The first PC built by the community for the community”
- IDA Systems - open source mobile computing, India, see also Manufacturers
- IETech Corporation - no OS, Japan
- TenQ - Android, Linux wholesale Tenq P07 tablet, China
- AVADirect - Ohio: Red Hat, Debian, CentOS, Fedora, Kubuntu
- Elphel - Utah, GNU
- LinuxCertified, Inc - Vendor selling preloaded Linux laptops. Customers can choose Linux OS of their choice from Fedora, Ubuntu, SUSE and RedHat.
- System76 - Their products are preloaded with Ubuntu as standard
- ThinkPenguin.com - Designed for free software users & the less technical masses; from Ubuntu to Trisquel amongst others: LinuxMint, Fedora, Mandriva, PCLinuxOS, etc.
- XoticPC - This vendor allows their customers to buy laptops without OS or alternatively pay extra for Windows(R) pre-installed.
- ZaReason - Small scale vendor of laptops and desktops, based in California but ship worldwide. They provide "no operating system" option as well as several variants of free Linux distributions such as Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora.
- Pioneer Computers - 'Build your own' option allows the customization of laptops such that they can be purchased without an Operating System, with Ubuntu pre-installed for no extra charge, or with Windows pre-installed for an extra charge that varies between the different distributions. They do not provide on their website the software license agreement for any pre-installed software for viewing by the customer before purchase.
- Ahtec - This vendor allows their customers to buy laptops without OS or alternatively pay extra for Windows(R) pre-installed. Ahtec mainly operates in Spain and The Netherlands.
- ARLT no OS, Germany, see also Manufacturers
- pcspecialist.co.uk All software is optional.
- Pointer Systems Pointer Systems sells laptops without OS via various computer shops in Belgium.
- Tuxbrain Copyleft hardware distributor and manufacturer, most of it hardware is soportd by free software.
- ^ "Head Office & Japanese Facilities." Seiko Epson. Retrieved on January 13, 2009.
- ^ "Qi Hardware Launches Open-Source Computer". PC Mag. June 5, 2010. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2364710,00.asp.
- ^ "HP 2133 Mini-Note review". Tracy and Matt's Blog. August 1, 2008. http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs/index.php/hp-2133-mini-note-review.
- List of free and open source software packages
- List of open source hardware projects
- Gratis versus Libre
- Windows refund Obtaining a refund on the preinstalled OEM version of windows which the customer does not use.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.