Degeneracy may refer to:
In science and mathematics:
- Degeneracy (statistical mechanics), a property of quantum states sharing the same energy levels
- Degeneracy (mathematics), a limiting case in which a class of object changes its nature so as to belong to another, usually simpler, class
- Degeneracy (graph theory), a measure of the sparseness of a graph
- Degeneracy (biology), the ability of elements that are structurally different to perform the same function or yield the same output, a well known characteristic of the genetic code and immune systems
- Degenerate matter, a very highly compressed phase of matter which resists further compression because of quantum mechanical effects
- Degenerate energy levels, different arrangements of a physical system which have the same energy
- Degenerate semiconductor, a semiconductor with such a high doping-level that the material starts to act more like a metal than as a semiconductor
- Degeneration (medical)
- Degenerative disease, a disease that causes deterioration over time
- Degenerate art, a term adopted by the Nazi regime in Germany to describe virtually all modern art, declaring it "un-German" or Jewish Bolshevist in nature.
- Degenerate (album), a 2010 album by the British band Trigger the Bloodshed
- "Degenerate", song from the Dude Ranch (album) from the American band Blink-182
- Devolution (biology)
- Deterioration (disambiguation)
- Regeneration (disambiguation) (antonym)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.