- Mercedes-Benz W221
Mercedes-Benz W221 Manufacturer Mercedes-Benz Production 2005–present Assembly Sindelfingen, Germany
6th of October City, Egypt (EGA)
Pekan, Malaysia (DRB-HICOM)
Predecessor Mercedes-Benz W220 Class Full-size luxury car Body style 4-door sedan Platform Front engine, rear-wheel drive / four-wheel drive Engine
2.1L diesel 204 PS (150 kW) L46.0L AMG 612 PS (450 kW) V12 biturbo
3.0L diesel 235 PS (173 kW) V6
3.5L 272 PS (200 kW) V6
4.0L diesel 320 PS (240 kW) V8
4.6L 340 PS (250 kW) V8
4.7L 435 PS (320 kW) V8
5.5L 381 PS (280 kW) V8
5.5L 517 PS (380 kW) V12 biturbo
6.2L AMG 525 PS (386 kW) V8
Transmission G-Tronic automatic Wheelbase 3,035 mm (119.5 in)
LWB: 3,165 mm (124.6 in)
Length 2006-08 SWB: 5,076 mm (199.8 in)
2009- SWB: 5,079 mm (200.0 in)
2006-08 LWB: 5,206 mm (205.0 in)
2009- LWB: 5,209 mm (205.1 in)
Width 2006-08: 1,871 mm (73.7 in)
2009- 1,872 mm (73.7 in)
BlueHybrid: 83.3 in (2,116 mm)
Height 1,473 mm (58.0 in) Curb weight from 1,955 kg (4,310 lb) [S320 CDI]
to 2,270 kg (5,000 lb) [S65 AMG]
The vehicle was unveiled in 2005 Frankfurt Motor Show.
- 1 Styling
- 2 Models
- 3 Specifications
- 4 Sales
- 5 Production
- 6 Marketing
- 7 Awards
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
- 10 External links
The W221 S-Class' exterior styling is distinctly different to the W220. The rear styling is similar to the Mercedes-Benz Maybach - the larger saloon from Daimler AG's flagship brand, which was presented to public in 1997.
Inside, the W221's interior is also significantly different from the preceding model. The interior features an instrument cluster shroud that also contains the navigation screen, with silver effect air vents below, and a square, analog clock within the vents. Below the vents are metal tab switches with a black field behind them, to control the HVAC system. On the center console, a metal control wheel for the COMAND system sits above a piece of wood, surrounded by metal buttons. Throughout the interior, many buttons are metal, with black fields above them denoting the switches' function.
The W221 is slightly larger in all dimensions than the W220, with a longer wheelbase and more interior room.
The S-Class is only available in the long-wheelbase form in the USA.
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist - detects vehicles with their lights on which are travelling towards or ahead of the car in which the system is fitted and controls the headlamps to ensure the largest possible range without dazzling other drivers.
- Blind Spot Assist - warning indicator on side mirror activates if vehicle detected in blind spot.
- Lane Keeping Assist - detects road markings and senses if the driver is inadvertently straying out of the lane. If so, the driver is warned by short vibrations of the steering wheel. This system can also distinguish between intentional (for example, overtaking or merging) and unintentional lane departures, reducing the number of false alarms.
- Speed Limit Assist - identifies speed limit signs in passing and shows the relevant speed limit in the central display. It is standard for S 600.
- Attention Assist - continuously monitors more than 70 different parameters to detect driver fatigue and tiredness. Once the system detects behaviour that typically indicates the onset of drowsiness, a warning signal is sounded and "ATTENTION ASSIST. Break!" appears in the instrument cluster. It is not standard on the S 400 HYBRID.
- Active Body Control (ABC) crosswind compensation - uses the sensors of the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) to vary the wheel load distribution via the ABC spring struts, depending on the direction and intensity of the crosswind, in order to reduce the adverse effects of crosswinds. This is standard on the S 600.
- Torque Vectoring Brake - brakes the inside rear wheel during cornering to enhance handling and safety by reducing understeer.
The updated models went on sale in June 2009. Early models include S 350 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY, S 450 CDI, S 350, S 400 HYBRID, S 450, S 500, S 600.
S 320 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY (2008–2009)
It is a replacement of S 320 CDI with improved fuel efficiency. Changes include on-demand electric hydraulic power steering pump, standstill decoupling for the 7G-TRONIC automatic transmission, 17-inch light-alloy wheels with reduced rolling resistance tyres.
Germany model has MSRP of €70,864.50 (incl. VAT) for short-wheelbase version, €78,718.50 (incl. VAT) for long-wheelbase version.
S 400 Hybrid (2009-)
The S400 BlueHybrid is a mild hybrid and the first hybrid car to adopt a lithium ion battery. The battery pack was supplied by Continental AG and the cells were provided by Johnson Controls-Saft. The S400 BlueHybrid was unveiled in the 2009 Chicago Auto Show. US models went on sale in August 2009, but were delivered to dealers in 2009-10. Japan models went on sale in October 2009.
The 3.5 liter V6 engine in the vehicle, combined with the hybrid system, develops 295 horsepower (220 kW) and 284 pound-feet (385 N·m) of torque. It gets 19 miles per US gallon (12 L/100 km; 23 mpg-imp) in the city and 26 miles per US gallon (9.0 L/100 km; 31 mpg-imp) on the highway.
ESF 2009 (2009)
It is a safety research vehicle based on S 400 Hybrid, but with braking bag, Interactive Vehicle Communication.
The vehicle was unveiled in the Enhanced Safety of Vehicles (ESV) Conference in Stuttgart.
S 420 CDI (2006-)
The vehicle were delivered beginning in December 2006, with MSRP of short-wheelbase model at €84,448 (net price € 72,800) and the long-wheelbase model at € 92,104 (net price € 79,400).
S 600 Guard (2006-)
It is an armoured vehicle with European B6/B7 resistance level. It resists military-standard small-arms projectiles and provides protection against fragments from hand grenades and other explosive charges. Additional safety features include run-flat tyres, 90L self-sealing fuel tank and a fire-extinguishing system. Other features include Michelin PAX 245-700 R470 AC tires, optional emergency fresh-air system, pneumatic emergency control system for the power windows (operates independently of the on-board electronics), emergency boot opening facility, optional Panic Alarm System, rear camera, heated front windscreen and heated front windows, adjustable doorhold system for all four doors, rear doors that are pulled shut automatically over the last few millimetres, rear electric roller blinds. The vehicle has top speed of 210 km/h (130 mph), with GVW of 4,200 kg (9,300 lb).
S 600 Guard Pullman (2008-)
It was based on the Mercedes Benz S 600 L Guard, but in limousine form with an extra-long wheelbase. It includes a rear entrance with increased headroom, 4 seats behind driver partition. Other features included reinforcement of the links between the suspension components and the bodyshell, specifically targeted modification of the suspension components themselves, an additional brace (strut tower brace) between the front suspension struts, two additional steel springs at the rear to complement the air suspension, larger twin-calliper front brake discs.
The Mercedes Benz Mexico factory in Toluca, Mexico also produces a police spec model of the S-600, the S-600P. The S-600P is similar to the standard S-600 but is equipped with the dual turbocharged V-12 engine of the S65 AMG and includes police lights, siren, run flat tires, a gun mount, a Lanix computer station integrated with the host police network, optional prisoner cage and restraint seats, and level B6/B7 armoring. The S-600P is only built in Mexico and only comes in long-wheelbase version. The Mexican government uses S-600Ps mainly for transporting important figures, but several police departments in wealthier cities in the country use them as patrol vehicles, as does the Mexican Federal Police in limited numbers. A small number of S-600P were purchased by the police department of Guangzhou, China for protection of key government figures.
S 63 AMG & S 65 AMG
The Interior of the S63 AMG comes in supple German Leather, coming in the standard leather, or diamond texture, with black and chrome trim on the dash and center console (front and back row). The S63 comes with a variety of luxury features, including but not limited to; dual-zone automatic climate control, rear-seat DVD entertainment, built-in navigation, and heated and cooled front and rear seats, to name a few in the long list of standard features.
The S63 AMG sports an aluminum and steel body with 19" light-alloy multispoke wheels in the front and back, shod with 255/40 tires in front, and 275/40 tires in the rear, and covered with a high-sheen finish. The S63 will feature LED turn signals in front, and in the back, 52 LEDS form a "C" on both tail lights. In front, the S63 will feature a more pronounced, arrow-shaped radiator grille, and "6.3 AMG" on the front wing, and newly redesigned exterior mirrors. In the rear, the S63 will have new AMG sport exhaust with two sets of double chromed tips. The S63 will also feature squared-off front headlamps with LED lights in addition to the traditional lights.
In 2009, the engines had reduced fuel consumption and CO2 emissions by up to 3%. Styling changes include arrow-shaped radiator grille, AMG-specific daytime running lights, two transverse air outlets on each side, "6.3 AMG" lettering on the front wings, redesigned exterior mirrors, 52-LED tail lights. Active Body Control provides crosswind stabilisation as standard equipment. Torque Vectoring Brake is added. Interior include PASSION leather upholstery, AMG-specific analogue clock featuring an IWC design.
S 65 AMG includes Mercedes-Benz M275 V12 engine rated 612 PS (450 kW; 604 hp) and 1,000 N·m (738 ft·lbf), restyled front and rear bumpers and rocker panels, larger wheels, brakes, and tires, four exhaust pipes, modified and reprogrammed suspension for sport biased handling, and various interior changes.
Optional accessories include:
- AMG 20-inch forged wheels with 255/35R20 front and 275/30R20 rear tyres
- AMG trim elements in carbon fibre/piano lacquer
- AMG floor mats
The vehicles went on sale in June 2009, with S 65 AMG available in long-wheelbase version only.
The vehicles were unveiled in 2009 Shanghai Motor Show.
S 250 CDI (2011-)
Mercedes has unveiled the S 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY at the Paris Motor Show.
As the name suggests, the car is powered by a four-cylinder diesel engine which produces 150 kW (204 PS / 201 hp) and 500 Nm (369 lb-ft) of torque. Despite this relatively small engine, the S 250 accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 8.2 seconds and hits a top speed of 240 km/h (149 mph). More importantly, fuel consumption is 5.7 liters per 100 kilometers (41.2 mpg US) while CO2 emissions are 149 g/km.
To get those class leading figures, Mercedes outfitted the engine with twin-turbochargers and a start/stop system. Furthermore, engineers "extensively revised" the seven-speed automatic transmission (called the 7G-TRONIC PLUS) for improved efficiency.
Mercedes-Benz Concept Ocean Drive (2007)
It is a concept vehicle based on long-wheelbase version of S 600, but with two-tone yarn fabric roof. The vehicle features an oversized grille, redesigned LED headlights and restyled trunk, LED head and tail lamps, a revised air dam, restyled flanks without the wheelhouse bulges, door handles that fit flush into the body, AIRSCARF neck-level heating system, on all 4 seats. The car also contains pillarless windows that provide an unobstructed view for occupants when the large soft top is down.
Other features include aluminum wheels with 275/35ZR21 tires.
The vehicle was unveiled at the 2007 NAIAS.
Model Years Engine type/code Power, Torque@rpm Petrol engines S 280 / S 300 2007- 2,997 cc (2.997 L; 182.9 cu in) V6 (M272) 231 PS (170 kW; 228 hp)@6000, 300 N·m (221 ft·lbf)@2400-5000 S 350 2005- 3,498 cc (3.498 L; 213.5 cu in) V6 (M272) 272 PS (200 kW; 268 hp)@6000, 350 N·m (258 ft·lbf)@2400-5000 S 350 4MATIC 2007- 3,498 cc (3.498 L; 213.5 cu in) V6 (M272) 272 PS (200 kW; 268 hp)@6000, 350 N·m (258 ft·lbf)@2400-5000 S 400 HYBRID 2009- 3,498 cc (3.498 L; 213.5 cu in) V6 (M272) 279 PS (205 kW; 275 hp)@6000, 350 N·m (258 ft·lbf)@2400-5000 3-phase AC magneto motor (external rotor) 20 PS (15 kW; 20 hp)@6000, 160 N·m (118 ft·lbf) Total 299 PS (220 kW; 295 hp)@, 385 N·m (284 ft·lbf)@2400-5000 S 450, S 450 4MATIC 2006- 4,663 cc (4.663 L; 284.6 cu in) V8 (M273) 340 PS (250 kW; 335 hp)@6000, 460 N·m (339 ft·lbf)@2700-5000 S 550 2005- 5,461 cc (5.461 L; 333.3 cu in) V8 (M273) 388 PS (285 kW; 383 hp)@6000, 530 N·m (391 ft·lbf)@2800-4800 S 550 4MATIC 2006- 5,461 cc (5.461 L; 333.3 cu in) V8 (M273) 388 PS (285 kW; 383 hp)@6000, 530 N·m (391 ft·lbf)@2800-4800 S 600, S 600 Guard 2006- 5,513 cc (5.513 L; 336.4 cu in) V12 BiTurbo (M275) 517 PS (380 kW; 510 hp)@5000, 830 N·m (612 ft·lbf)@1800-3500 S 600 Guard Pullman 2008- 5,513 cc (5.513 L; 336.4 cu in) V12 BiTurbo (M275) 517 PS (380 kW; 510 hp)@5000, 830 N·m (612 ft·lbf)@1800-3500 S 63 AMG 2006- 6,208 cc (6.208 L; 378.8 cu in) V8 (M156) 525 PS (386 kW; 518 hp)@6800, 630 N·m (465 ft·lbf)@5200 S 65 AMG 2006- 5,980 cc (5.98 L; 365 cu in) V12 BiTurbo (M275) 612 PS (450 kW; 604 hp)@4800-5100, 1,000 N·m (738 ft·lbf)@2000-4000 Diesel engines S 250 CDI 2009- 2,143 cc (2.143 L; 130.8 cu in) I4 turbo (OM651) 204 PS (150 kW; 201 hp)@4200, 500 N·m (369 ft·lbf)@1600–1800 S 300 BlueTec HYBRID 2009-2010 2,987 cc (2.987 L; 182.3 cu in) V6 electric motor Total 265 PS (195 kW; 261 hp), 560 N·m (413 ft·lbf) S 320 CDI, S 320 CDI 4MATIC 2006–2008 2,987 cc (2.987 L; 182.3 cu in) V6 Biturbo (OM642) 235 PS (173 kW; 232 hp)@3600, 540 N·m (398 ft·lbf)@1600–2400 S 320 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY 2008–2009 2,987 cc (2.987 L; 182.3 cu in) V6 Biturbo (OM642) 235 PS (173 kW; 232 hp)@3600, 540 N·m (398 ft·lbf)@1600–2400 S 350 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY, S 350 CDI 4MATIC 2009- 2,987 cc (2.987 L; 182.3 cu in) V6 Biturbo (OM642) 235 PS (173 kW; 232 hp)@3600, 540 N·m (398 ft·lbf)@1600–2400 S 350 4MATIC BlueTec (US) 2012- 2,987 cc (2.987 L; 182.3 cu in) V6 Turbo 240 hp (180 kW; 240 PS)@3600, 455 ft·lbf @1600–2400 S 420 CDI 2006–2009 3,996 cc (3.996 L; 243.9 cu in) V8 Biturbo (OM629) 320 PS (235 kW; 316 hp)@3600, 730 N·m (538 ft·lbf)@2200 S 450 CDI 2009- 3,996 cc (3.996 L; 243.9 cu in) V8 Biturbo (OM629) 320 PS (235 kW; 316 hp)@3600, 730 N·m (538 ft·lbf)@2200
S 280 is only sold in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Asia(badged as S 300)
S 350 CDI 4MATIC is badged as S 350 CDI 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY in Germany.
S 500 is badged as S 550 in Canada, US and Japan market.
Models with V12 engines have 5G-TRONIC automatic transmission. Models with non-V12 engines have 7G-TRONIC transmission. S 350, S 350 4MATIC, S 400 Hybrid, S 450, S 450 4MATIC, S 500 include 7G-TRONIC Sport transmission.
S 65 AMG included five-speed automatic SPEEDSHIFT transmission with DIRECT SELECT.
Models with 7G-TRONIC transmission include DIRECT SELECT, which allows 7G-TRONIC to be electronically controlled by touching the lever on the right-hand side of the steering column.
Beginning in 2009, S 63 AMG includes AMG SPEEDSHIFT 7G-TRONIC transmission, S 65 AMG includes AMG SPEEDSHIFT 5-speed automatic transmission.
All models except S 63 AMG, S 600 L, S 65 L AMG use AIRMATIC suspension, with optional Active Body Control except for 4MATIC models. S 63 AMG, S 600 L, S 65 L AMG include Active Body Control as standard.
4MATIC models were unveiled in 2006 Paris Motor Show. Initial products include S 450 4MATIC and S 500 4MATIC, followed by S320 CDI 4MATIC in 2006-12, then S 350 4MATIC in mid 2007. All 4MATIC models were made in short and long wheelbases. S 320 CDI 4MATIC was replaced by S 350 CDI 4MATIC.
- Brake Assist Plus: an optional system designed to apportion brake pressure based on pedal speed and distance between the car and objects. This is an evolution of the Brake Assist system found on earlier models, and uses the vehicle's radar, in addition to the usual Brake Assist's monitoring of pedal depression speed, to apply power brake boost as required. This requires the optional adaptive cruise control's radar, so in vehicles not equipped with the latter, standard Brake Assist is substituted.
- Pre-Safe: a development of the previous Pre-Safe system fitted to the W220 S-Class, which uses vehicle-dynamic sensors to predict collisions, the W221's system also takes into account closing speed, as measured by the vehicle's radar. If a collision appears likely, Pre-Safe closes all windows and the sunroof, moves all passenger's seats and their head restraints to a safer position, and tightens the seatbelts.
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP): similar to the systems fitted to other Mercedes vehicles, this system measures driver inputs and compares these to the vehicle's path. If these diverge, ESP brakes single wheels selectively to eliminate oversteer (fishtailing) and understeer (plowing), and reduces engine power, if necessary.
- Night View Assist: optional, uses two near-infrared (NIR) illuminators mounted in the headlamp clusters and a sensor in the windshield. The infrared beams are picked up by the sensor and an image is displayed in the instrument cluster. Mercedes-Benz claims that this system provides the same viewable distance as high-beam headlights, without blinding oncoming motorists.
The W221 also contains many other safety features, including front and rear crumple zones, eight dual-stage air bags, seatbelt pre-tensioning devices, anti-lock brakes (ABS), collapsible steering column, and traction control.
- Airmatic DC - air suspension, similar to the system fitted to the W211 E-Class, uses air springs and adaptive electronic control to sense road and driving conditions and produce a firm or soft ride. The air suspension is only available for the smaller engines up to S 500. The S 600, S 63, and S 65 AMG are equipped with an active suspension system called Active Body Control, which is based on steel springs. ABC is also optional on all other models except vehicles equipped with 4Matic all wheel drive.
- Distronic Plus - optional, a development of the Distronic system fitted to earlier models. Uses more radar systems (long- and short-wave) and improved control logic to detect vehicles ahead and adjust the vehicle's speed to maintain a driver-set distance behind the car in front. The system has more authority over the vehicle than previous Distronic iterations, and can bring the vehicle to a complete stop if necessary, unlike the previous versions.
- Drive-Dynamic seats with massage - optional, an evolution of the system fitted to many other Mercedes models, uses air bladders in the seat bolsters to support the driver during cornering. Also, other air bladders provide a four-mode massage function to front-seat passengers.
- Heated and Active-Ventilated seats, with heating elements for warming the seats and small fans to keep the seats cool and draw perspiration away from occupants.
- harman/kardon Logic7 stereo sound system with 14 speakers, in-dash CD changer and PC Card slot
- Hard-drive based GPS satellite navigation system
- Revised COMAND navigation and radio control system, uses the dash-top display and a central knob to navigate menu choices and options. Most frequently used functions (such as volume) can be controlled by dedicated switches.
- Fiber-optic ambient lighting for the dashboard, footwells, and other areas.
- Tele Aid, uses GPS tracking and cell phone service to provide assistance. Can be used for information, to call for roadside assistance, or to call for help in emergencies. Automatically calls for help if an air bag or seatbelt tensioner deploys.
On 11 May 2009, Mercedes-Benz announced the sale of 270,000 units since the original W221 launch.
As part of the W221 launch campaign, Mercedes-Benz Accessories GmbH introduced a series of 17 products under S-Class Collection, beginning in 2005-09. Products include wrist watch designed with Sindelfingen-based Design Centre, piqué polo shirt, cufflinks, pen, umbrella, key fob, mouse pads, pen cases, cigar set, note pad, wallet, 1/43 S-Class scale model car. Mercedes-Benz Accessories GmbH also introduced a series of 1,200 units of S-Class vehicle freight train.
In the 2007 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study, the W221 tied for first ranking in its category (with the Audi A8) for having the fewest quality problems in the industry after 90 days of ownership. The W221 was given the Bild am Sonntag 2006 Golden Steering Wheel Award in the Luxury category, Drive Car of the Year Awards Best Luxury Car over A$60,000, and top luxury auto in the Topauto 2006 awards. Safety awards include Popular Mechanics' 2007 Automotive Excellence Award for Safety, 2007's What Car? Safety Award, and 2006 British Insurance Car Security Award. Design awards include Wheels Magazine's 2006 Automotive Design Award, Automotive Circle International (ACI) "EuroCarBody Award 2005", Topauto 2006 award winner in the Innovation category for the Distronic Plus adaptive cruise control, and 2006 Automotive Interior of the Year Awards for Best Seat.
President of Germany W221
- ^ "EGA". Egasae.com. http://www.egasae.com/. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ "Mercedes-Benz at the International Motor Show: World premiere of the new S Class". Media.daimler.com. 2005-09-12. http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-614289-1-817437-1-0-0-0-0-1-11702-854934-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/#/exploreSpecs/?vc=S&yr=2010&vmf=S550V
- ^ "2009 Mercedes Benz S Class complete details". Inautonews.com. 2009-05-09. http://www.inautonews.com/2009-mercedes-benz-s-class/. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ "The 2009 Mercedes-Benz S-Class: Pacemaker in automotive development". Media.daimler.com. 2009-05-11. http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-614289-1-1205235-1-0-0-0-0-1-11702-854934-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ "Mercedes-Benz S 320 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY: The most frugal S-Class ever". Media.daimler.com. 2008-10-01. http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-614289-1-1133912-1-0-0-0-0-1-11701-854934-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ Sam Abuelsamid (2009-02-16). "Mercedes-Benz S400 BlueHybrid arriving in the U.S. this summer". AutoblogGreen. http://green.autoblog.com/2009/02/16/mercedes-benz-s400-bluehybrid-arriving-in-the-u-s-this-summer/. Retrieved 2010-03-22.
- ^ a b "Design of the Daimler S400 Mild Hybrid System". Green Car Congress. 2009-06-11. http://www.greencarcongress.com/2009/06/s400-20090611.html. Retrieved 2010-03-22.
- ^ "Daimler Will Launch Mercedes-Benz Mild Hybrid S 400 in Summer 2009". Greencarcongress.com. 2008-09-17. http://www.greencarcongress.com/2008/09/daimler-will-la.html. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ S400 BlueHybrid arriving in the U.S. this summer
- ^ Korzeniewski, Jeremy (2009-04-13). "Mercedes-Benz sets August sale date for S400 Hybrid sedan". Green.autoblog.com. http://green.autoblog.com/2009/04/13/mercedes-benz-sets-august-sale-date-for-s400-hybrid-sedan/. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ Abuelsamid, Sam (2009-09-18). "Mercedes-Benz now shipping the S400 Hybrid to US dealers". Autoblog.com. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/18/mercedes-benz-now-shipping-the-s400-hybrid-to-us-dealers. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ "Mercedes-Benz To Begin Sales of Hybrid S-Class In Japan in October". Greencarcongress.com. 2009-02-22. http://www.greencarcongress.com/2009/02/mercedes-benz-t.html. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ Raynal, Wes (April 19, 2010). "Big Benz". AutoWeek: 37.
- ^ Ramsey, Jonathon (2009-06-14). "VIDEO: Mercedes-Benz ESF S400 Concept's "Braking Bag" in action". Autoblog.com. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/14/video-mercedes-benz-esf-s400-concepts-braking-bag-in-action/. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ Neff, John (2006-12-06). "Mercedes-Benz adding big diesel to S-Class". Autoblog.com. http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/06/mercedes-benz-adding-big-diesel-to-s-class/. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ Nunez, Alex (2006-10-17). "Mercedes beefs up S-Class with S600 Guard". Autoblog.com. http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/17/mercedes-beefs-up-s-class-with-s600-guard/. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ "S-Class with factory-integrated special protection: Safety of the very highest calibre". Media.daimler.com. 2006-10-16. http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-614289-1-825677-1-0-0-0-0-1-11702-854934-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ "Press Kit: Mercedes-Benz S 600 Guard". Media.daimler.com. 2006-10-16. http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-614289-1-825686-1-0-0-0-0-1-11702-854934-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ "Mercedes-Benz S 600 Pullman Guard: The new large state limousine from Mercedes-Benz". Media.daimler.com. 2008-09-23. http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-614289-1-1129705-1-0-0-0-0-1-11702-854934-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html?TS=1252618509100. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ Neff, John (2007-02-23). "Size Matters: Mercedes-Benz S600 Guard Pullman limousine in development". Autoblog.com. http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/23/size-matters-mercedes-benz-s600-guard-pullman-limousine-in-deve/. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ Joseph, Noah (2008-09-23). "Mercedes-Benz marks 80 years of protection with new S600 Pullman Guard". Autoblog.com. http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/23/mercedes-marks-80-years-of-protection-with-new-s600-pullman-guar/. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ "Specific enhancements to the S 65 AMG - Exclusive top-of-the-line AMG S-Class model now boasts even greater appeal". Media.daimler.com. 2009-04-20. http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-614289-1-1199167-1-0-0-0-0-1-11702-854934-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ "Specific enhancements to the S 63 AMG and S 65 AMG: Exclusive top-of-the-line AMG S-Class models now boast even greater appeal". Media.daimler.com. 2009-06-22. http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-614289-1-1215176-1-0-0-0-0-1-11702-854934-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ Joseph, Noah (2009-04-20). "Officially Official: Mercedes-Benz unveils S63 and S65 AMG at Shanghai show". Autoblog.com. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/20/officially-official-mercedes-benz-unveils-s63-and-s65-amg-at-sh/. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ Gauthier, Michael (2010-10-01). "Mercedes-Benz S 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY is most efficient luxury car". worldcarfans.com. http://www.worldcarfans.com/110100128768/mercedes-benz-s-250-cdi-blueefficiency-is-most-efficient. Retrieved 2011-02-04.
- ^ Nunez, Alex (2006-12-20). "Mercedes-Benz reveals Ocean Drive concept for Detroit". Autoblog.com. http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/20/mercedes-benz-reveals-ocean-drive-concept-for-detroit/. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ "AUTO SHOWS: 2007 Mercedes-Benz Ocean Drive Concept - Four-door S-class Convertible". Automobilemag.com. http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/2007_detroit/0612_2007_mercedes_benz_ocean_drive_s_class_convertible/index.html. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ Joseph, Noah (2007-01-08). "Detroit Auto Show: Mercedes shows Ocean Drive concept...on ice". Autoblog.com. http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/08/detroit-auto-show-mercedes-shows-ocean-drive-concept-on-ice/. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- ^ "Continental Starts S400 BlueHYBRID Battery Volume Production"[dead link]
- ^ "Mercedes S600L Reviews | New Mercedes S600L Luxury Car Reviews at Auto Express". Autoexpress.co.uk. 2007-04-10. http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/208155/mercedes_s600l.html. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- ^ "Engine and drive system: V8 naturally aspirated engine and biturbo V12 engine: high tech from the world of motorsport for unrivalled performance". Media.daimler.com. 2009-06-22. http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-614289-1-1215365-1-0-0-0-0-1-11702-854934-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html?TS=1252629655358. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- ^ "Paris Motor Show 2006: A powerful display from Mercedes-Benz". Media.daimler.com. 2006-09-13. http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-614289-1-825127-1-0-0-0-0-1-11701-854934-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- ^ Joseph, Noah (2006-09-12). "Farfromskiddin: Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4MATIC unveiled". Autoblog.com. http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/12/farfromskiddin-mercedes-benz-s-class-4matic-unveiled/. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- ^ "Overview: All-wheel-drive passenger cars from Mercedes-Benz". Media.daimler.com. 2006-09-11. http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-614289-1-824806-1-0-0-0-0-1-11702-854934-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- ^ "Market success: Number One in the luxury segment". Media.daimler.com. 2009-05-11. http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-614289-1-1205300-1-0-0-0-0-1-11702-854934-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- ^ Feature: Mercedes-Benz S-Guard: the car of steel[dead link]
- ^ "2009 Mercedes-Benz S600 Pullman Guard - Auto Shows". Caranddriver.com. http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car/08q4/2009_mercedes-benz_s600_pullman_guard-auto_shows. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- ^ "Mercedes-Benz Accessories GmbH launches exclusive S-Class Collection: A Piece of S-Class on Your Wrist". Media.daimler.com. 2005-09-14. http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-658745-1-817708-1-0-0-0-0-1-11701-854934-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- ^ "Model vehicle freight train marks première of the new S-Class: All tracks clear for the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class". Media.daimler.com. 2005-09-14. http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921-658745-1-817701-1-0-0-0-0-1-11701-854934-0-1-0-0-0-0-0.html. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- ^ [2007 IQS, awarded for having the fewest quality problems in the industry after 90 days of ownership, with just 72 problems per 100 vehicles]
- ^ a b Arellano, Joel (2006-08-15). "S-Class receives a variety of obscure awards". Autoblog. http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/15/s-class-receives-a-variety-of-obscure-awards/. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- ^ "Drive Car of the Year Awards". Drive.com.au. http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/minisite/caroftheyear.aspx?MiniSiteID=2. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- ^ "New Mercedes S-Class Named "Luxury Topauto 2006"". Theautochannel.com. http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/12/16/178572.html. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- ^ "Automotive Excellence Awards". Popularmechanics.com. 2009-10-01. http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/3871487.html?page=9. Retrieved 2010-10-09.
- ^ "What Car? Mercedes-Benz awards". Carpages.co.uk. http://www.carpages.co.uk/mercedes_benz/mercedes-benz-awards-20-01-07.asp. Retrieved 2010-10-09.
- ^ British Insurance Car Security Awards[dead link]
- ^ Wheels Automotive Design Awards
- ^ Automotive Press Awards Prize for Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)[dead link]
- ^ "Automotive Interior Of The Year Awards". 0.mcadcafe.com. 2007-11-16. http://www10.mcadcafe.com/nbc/articles/view_article.php?articleid=278720. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
Daimler AG Cars Trucks Buses Vans Motorsport Shareholdings Category · Commons
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Mercedes-Benz W221 — Hersteller: Daimler AG Produktionszeitraum: seit 2005 Klasse … Deutsch Wikipedia
Mercedes-Benz W221 — Mercedes Benz W221 … Википедия
Mercedes-Benz W221 — La Mercedes (W221) est un véhicule Grand Tourisme de luxe produit depuis 2005. Pour une vue d ensemble complète de tous les modèles de Classe S Mercedes Benz voyez Mercedes Benz Classe S. Mercedes Classe S W221 Constructeur … Wikipédia en Français
Mercedes-Benz S-Class — Manufacturer Mercedes Benz Production 1954–present Assembly Berlin Frankfurt, Ge … Wikipedia
Mercedes-Benz W 221 — Mercedes Benz W221 Hersteller: Daimler AG Produktionszeitraum: seit 2005 Klasse … Deutsch Wikipedia
Mercedes-Benz-Pkw — Mercedes Benz auf der Pkw IAA 2007 in Frankfurt Mercedes Benz ist eine Marke der Daimler AG. Dieser Artikel beschreibt die PKW Sparte von Mercedes Benz. Umgangssprachlich werden diese als „Mercedes“ oder auch als „Benz“ bezeichnet. Vor allem in… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Mercedes-Benz (PKW) — Mercedes Benz auf der Pkw IAA 2007 in Frankfurt Mercedes Benz ist eine Marke der Daimler AG. Dieser Artikel beschreibt die PKW Sparte von Mercedes Benz. Umgangssprachlich werden diese als „Mercedes“ oder auch als „Benz“ bezeichnet. Vor allem in… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Mercedes-Benz C216 — Mercedes Benz CL 500 C216 Hersteller: Daimler AG Verkaufsbezeichnung: CL Klasse Produktionszeitraum: sei … Deutsch Wikipedia
Mercedes-Benz W220 — Mercedes Benz S Klasse (1998–2002) W220 Hersteller: DaimlerChrysler Produktionszeitraum: 1998–2005 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Mercedes-Benz W 220 — Mercedes Benz S Klasse (1998–2002) W220 Hersteller: DaimlerChrysler Produktionszeitraum: 1998–2005 … Deutsch Wikipedia