Killamarsh Central railway station


Killamarsh Central railway station

Infobox UK disused station
name = Killamarsh Central


caption =
gridref =
line = MS&LR
manager = Great Central Railway
owner = LNER
British Railways
locale = Killamarsh
borough = Derbyshire
platforms = 2
years1 = 1 June 1892
events1 = Opened
years2 = 25 September 1950
events2 = Renamed Killamarsh Central
years3 = 4 March 1963
events3 = Closed

Killamarsh Central was a railway station in Killamarsh, Derbyshire.

The station was on the Great Central Main Line which ran between London and Manchester.

The station opened on 1st June 1892 as Killamarsh, was renamed to Killamarsh Central by British Railways on 25th September 1950 and closed on 4th March 1963. It had two platforms with a building on each, a footbridge joined the two.

There were two other stations in Killamarsh. The first, opened by the North Midland Railway was renamed Killamarsh West. The third, which closed in 1930, was Upperthorpe and Killamarsh, built by the Lancashire, Derbyshire and East Coast Railway. [Pixton, B., (2005) "Birmingham-Derby: Portrait of a Famous Route," Runpast Publishing]

###@@@KEYEND@@@###

References


Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.

Look at other dictionaries:


Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.