- Objective Systems Integrators
OSI Type Private Industry Computer Software for Communications service providers, Operational Support Systems Headquarters Northern California Products NetExpert Website 
'OSI (Objective Systems Integrators) is a multinational computer technology corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of software products which automate the monitoring, control, delivery, and management of services for multinational corporation service providers including:
OSI software and services manage
- ~15% of the world's Communications service providers by total revenue.
- ~10% of the world's Communications service providers by total subscribers.
- Wireless network services and resources for three of the largest Wireless Communications service provider in North America.
- Digital Subscriber Line Activation and quality assurance for the largest Communications Service Provider in North America.
- A Global network, encompassing one of the most advanced and largest submarine communications cable, a Tier-1 Internet Protocol network, and connectivity to more than 200 countries across 300 Point of presence through a centralized Network operations center in India.
- IPTV Industry-leading Communications service provider in North America.
- DSL Activation for ~1 million subscribers at a Communications service provider in Latin America.
- Wireless Service Management across three countries in the European Union.
- The largest integrated Communications service providers in Malaysia and one of Asia’s leading communications companies.
- The leading Communications service providers in Taiwan delivering Quadruple Play services across wireless, fixed network, cable TV, and digital entertainment.
- A Mexican Communications service providers that provides telecommunication products and services in Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru as well as in the United States, including fixed-line telephone, Internet access, data, hosted services and IPTV.
OSI develops and maintains the NetExpert software platforms. In the industry this is known as an Operational Support Systems (OSS).
Sobha Group Ownership
OSI, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Sobha Group, develops and markets an OSS suite targeted for Communications Service Providers.
February 2008, Longview Software and OSI sign an Asset Purchase Agreement for OSI to acquire Longview intellectual property, products and technology. Longview software is a maker of off-the-shelf tools and custom applications that add value to many Operational Support System (OSS) and Business Support System (BSS) frameworks in the telecommunications industry.
Agilent Technologies Ownership
Agilent acquired OSI in January 2001 for approximately $665 million. Agilent subsequently built an OSS business around this and other technology, but decided in 2007 to exit this market segment and focus on its test and measurement and life sciences businesses.
2001–2007, OSI is acquired by Agilent Technologies to help integrate Test and Measurement into the OSS market. NetExpert integrated Test & Measurement probe solutions to provide overarching Service Management integration. OSI was under Agilent's OSS Division (Assurance Services Division) as a NETeXPERT' Business Unit.
Pre-Agilent OSI History
During the period of 1995–2001, OSI was traded on NASDAQ as OSII. OSI introduces the MASTER series of products to the market aligned around key technology areas such as fixed line networks, SONET/SDH network, and wireless networks. In 1997 OSI reached its 100th worldwide communications service provider (CSP) customer base.
1998–2001, OSI’s NetExpert' Virtual Service Management (VSM), and Virtual Process Management (VPM) frameworks leverage the UMA (Unified Management Architecture). OSI introduces several new applications in key Communications Service Provider functional areas namely Fault management, Performance Management, Configuration Management, and Accounting Management. Solutions are introduced to accelerate time to value for wireless, wireline, and the Internet Protocol Suite of services.
OSI launches NetExpert Neon May 2009 for service assurance solutions focused on services and customers:
- Service Health - Service Quality and Impact management leveraging industry standard portal technology for a holistic view of critical customer services.
- Customer Health - Customer SLA, Experience Analysis, and Insight of corporations, groups within corporations, and individuals.
Plunkett, J (1996). "Plunkett's Infotech Industry Almanac" - Page 75 Google Books
Minoli, D, Golway, T, and Smith, N (1996) "Planning and Managing ATM Networks" - Google Books Prentice Hall PTR.
Terplan, K (1999). "Web-Based Systems & Network Management" - Page 185 Google Books
Terplan, K (1999). "Applications for Distributed Systems and Network Management" - Page 101 Google Books Van Nostrand Reinhold
Agilent Technologies. (2008, April 30). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 00:08, May 14, 2008, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Agilent_Technologies
Sobha Renaissance Information Technology. (2008, April 27). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 00:09, May 14, 2008, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sobha_Renaissance_Information_Technology
Operations support systems. (2008, May 12). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 00:10, May 14, 2008, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Operations_support_systems
Communications Service Provider. (2008, April 25). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 00:27, May 14, 2008, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Communications_Service_Provider
Service management. (2008, May 14). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 01:01, May 14, 2008, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Service_management
Expert system. (2008, May 9). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 01:11, May 14, 2008, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Expert_system
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
OSII — Objective Systems Integrators, Inc. (Business » NASDAQ Symbols) … Abbreviations dictionary
NetExpert — Developer(s) Objective Systems Integrators Stable release 6.3.1 / July, 2011 Written in Java, C++, Operating system UNIX; … Wikipedia
NETeXPERT — Infobox Software name = NETeXPERT caption = Screenshot of NETeXPERT collapsible = author = developer = Objective Systems Integrators released = latest release version = 6.1 latest release date = November, 2007 latest preview version = 6.2 latest… … Wikipedia
FCAPS — is the ISO Telecommunications Management Network model and framework for network management. FCAPS is an acronym for Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance, Security which are the management categories into which the ISO model defines… … Wikipedia
OSI — is primarily used as an abbreviation and has many meanings: Contents 1 General 2 Government 3 Technology 4 Entertainment 5 … Wikipedia
Service management — is integrated into Supply Chain Management as the joint between the actual sales and the customer. The aim of high performance Service Management is to optimize the service intensive supply chains, which are usually more complex than the typical… … Wikipedia
Sun Microsystems — Sun Microsystems, Inc. Logo used from the 1990s until acquisition by Oracle Former type Subsidiary Industry Computer systems Computer software Fate … Wikipedia
Service delivery platform — The term Service Delivery Platform (SDP) usually refers to a set of components that provide a service’s delivery architecture (such as service creation, session control protocols) for a type of service. There is no standard definition of SDP in… … Wikipedia
Ship gun fire-control system — Mk 37 Director c1944 with Mk 12 (rectangular antenna) and Mk 22 orange peel Ship gun fire control systems (GFCS) enable remote and automatic targeting of guns against ships, aircraft, and shore targets, with or without the aid of radar or optical … Wikipedia
List of numerical analysis topics — This is a list of numerical analysis topics, by Wikipedia page. Contents 1 General 2 Error 3 Elementary and special functions 4 Numerical linear algebra … Wikipedia