South Carolina State Armory


South Carolina State Armory

Infobox_nrhp | name =South Carolina State Armory
nrhp_type =


caption =
location= Columbia, South Carolina
lat_degrees = 34
lat_minutes = 0
lat_seconds = 4
lat_direction = N
long_degrees = 81
long_minutes = 2
long_seconds = 9
long_direction = W
locmapin = South Carolina
area =
built =1905
architect= William Augustus Edwards & Frank C. Walter
architecture= Early Commercial
added = February 05, 1999
governing_body = Private
refnum=99000099cite web|url=http://www.nr.nps.gov/|title=National Register Information System|date=2007-01-23|work=National Register of Historic Places|publisher=National Park Service]
The South Carolina State Armory, built in 1905, is an historic National Guard building located at 1219 Assembly Street near the State House in Columbia, South Carolina. It was designed in the Early Commercial style by noted Columbia architect William Augustus Edwards and his partner Frank C. Walter. It was used as an armory until 1964 when the South Carolina National Guard vacated it for a new building. It is now privately owned and is used for office space,

On February 05, 1999, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. [ [http://www.nationalregister.sc.gov/richland/S10817740128/index.htm South Carolina Department of Archives and History file on South Carolina State Armory] ]

ee also

*List of Registered Historic Places in South Carolina

References

External links

* [http://www.nationalregister.sc.gov/richland/S10817740128/index.htm South Carolina Department of Archives and History file on South Carolina State Armory]


Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.

Look at other dictionaries: