- Dennie Oxley
Dennie Oxley Member of the Indiana House of Representatives
from the 68th district
1998 - 2008
Succeeded by Dennie Oxley, Sr. Personal details Born December 22, 1970
Political party Democratic Spouse(s) Jayme Oxley Residence English, Indiana Alma mater Indiana University Southeast Profession educator Religion Baptist
Dennie Ray Oxley II was a Democratic member of the Indiana House of Representatives, representing the 73rd District from 1998 until 2008. He had served as Democratic Whip. Oxley was succeeded by his father, also named Dennie. He ran for Lieutenant Governor of Indiana with Jill Long Thompson in the Indiana gubernatorial election, 2008, but lost to Mitch Daniels and Becky Skillman in a landslide. On February 6, 2009, Oxley was arrested in Crawford County, Indiana for driving a car and striking another while intoxicated at .15 BAC. Oxley is currently under investigation by the Indianapolis Police Department for claiming immunity from arrest because he was a legislator. He was intoxicated and with a female House intern. Oxley claimed that he was a current lawmaker, which he was not, to avoid arrest for public intoxication after he was found drunk about 1 a.m. with a 21-year-old legislative intern at a downtown gas station. A judge gave Oxley a 1-year jail sentence, suspending all but two days, which he has already served.
- ^ "Former Lt. Gov. Candidate Arrested On DUI Charge". TheIndyChannel.com. February 9, 2009. http://www.theindychannel.com/politics/18672512/detail.html. Retrieved 2009-02-09.
- ^ "Police: Former Rep. Claimed Immunity To Avoid Arrest". TheIndyChannel.com. June 26, 2009. http://www.theindychannel.com/news/19871244/detail.html. Retrieved 2009-06-26.
- ^ http://www.indystar.com/article/20091202/NEWS02/912020414/Oxley-pleads-guilty-to-posing-as-lawmaker
- Project Vote Smart - Representative Dennie R. Oxley II (IN) profile
- Follow the Money - Dennie Oxley
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Indiana gubernatorial election, 2008 — Infobox Election election name = Indiana gubernatorial election, 2008 country = Indiana type = presidential ongoing = no previous election = Indiana gubernatorial election, 2004 previous year = 2004 next election = Indiana gubernatorial election … Wikipedia
Crawford County High School (Indiana) — Crawford County High School Address 1130 S State Road 66 Marengo, Indiana, 47140 … Wikipedia