- Corner office
A corner office is an office that is located in the corner of a building. Corner offices are considered desirable because they have windows on two exterior walls, as opposed to a typical office with only one window or none at all. (Note that offices occupying a corner of a building, but without windows, are not considered "corner offices.") As corner offices are typically given to the most senior executives, the term primarily refers to top management positions, such as the chief executive officer (CEO), chief financial officer (CFO), chief operating officer (COO), chief marketing officer (CMO), chief information officer (CIO), General counsel (GC) and the director of human resources. In organizations which do not use this corporate hierarchy, such as law firms and political parties, the corner office generally refers to the most senior partners or officials who are involved with corporate governance.
- CNBC's show Kudlow & Company has a recurring segment entitled "The Corner Office," in which various corporate executives are profiled.
- The Wall Street Journal's Law Blog runs a series titled "Associate Advice from the Corner Office" where top executives in legal firms give tips to recent graduates.
- American Public Media's Marketplace radio program has a recurring segment, Conversations from the Corner Office, which interviews CEOs from companies in various sectors.
- Lois Frankel has written a book titled Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office in which she advises women to be assertive in order to break the glass ceiling.
- Richard Conniff has written a book titled Ape in the Corner Office in which he applies theories from evolutionary biology and sociobiology to concepts of management in workplaces.
- Corner Office Bedroom is a song by PlayRadioPlay!.
- Leonhardt, David. "Who's in the Corner Office?" The New York Times, 27 Nov 2005. <http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/27/business/yourmoney/27ceo.html>.
- Frankel, Lois P. Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office: 101 Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers. Business Plus, 2004.
- Conniff, Richard. The Ape in the Corner Office: Understanding the Workplace Beast in All of Us. Crown Business, 2005.
- Slater, Dan. "Associate Advice from the Corner Office." The Wall Street Journal Law Blog, 28 Apr 2008. <http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2008/04/28/associate-advice-from-the-corner-office-part-i>
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
corner office — /kɔnər ˈɒfəs/ (say kawnuhr ofuhs) noun an office located in a corner of a corporate building, regarded as prestigious and usually allocated to an executive … Australian English dictionary
corner office — noun An office at a place in a building or floor where two walls join together, generally occupied by managers … Wiktionary
Office at Night — Artist Edward Hopper Year 1940 Type Oil on canvas Dimensions 56.356 cm × 63.82 cm (22.1875 in × 25.125 in) Location Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota Office at Night … Wikipedia
Office in a Small City — Artist Edward Hopper Year 1953 Type Oil on canvas Dimensions 71 cm × 102 cm (28 in × … Wikipedia
Office — For other uses, see Office (disambiguation). Office work … Wikipedia
Office Hall, Virginia — Office Hall Unincorporated community … Wikipedia
Corner Boys — The Wire episode Episode no. Season 4 Episode 8 … Wikipedia
Corner Store (film) — Corner Store Directed by Katherine Bruens Written by Katherine Bruens Sean Gillane Cinematography Sean Gillane … Wikipedia
Office Olympics — The Office episode The placing medalists in Office Olympics E … Wikipedia
Corner Stay Serviced Apartment-Racecourse — (Коимбатур,Индия) Категория отеля: Адрес: 4/1 Abdul Rahim … Каталог отелей