- Michael Avon Oeming
Michael Avon Oeming
Michael Avon Oeming
Nationality American Area(s) Writer, Penciller, Inker Notable works Powers
The Mice Templar
The Cross Bronx
Michael Avon Oeming (Pronounced O-Ming) is an American comic book creator, both as an artist and writer. He is known for using a stark art style to tell stories with sophisticated and mature subject matter.
Oeming is a fan of ancient mythology, having written or drawn several projects centering on the Norse gods. He frequently collaborates with long-time friend Bryan J. L. Glass, and with Brian Michael Bendis. He is part of the M.O.B. crew of comic book creators, along with David Mack, Brian Bendis and Daniel Berman.
His 1998 comic book Bulletproof Monk was made into a film of the same name.
Recent projects include The Mice Templar from Image Comics which he has drawn and co-authored with Bryan J.L. Glass. In an interview with comic book website Project Fanboy, Oeming confirmed that he is also working on a creator owned project, RAPTURE, with his wife Taki Soma for Dark Horse Comics.
Oeming has a son and currently resides in Seattle with his second wife, fellow writer/artist Taki Soma.
Oeming's writing credits include:
- Space Slutz (script and art, pornographic parody of Star Wars)
- Hammer of the Gods (script and art, with co-author Mark Wheatley, 5-issue limited series, Insight Studios Group, February–November 2001)
- Bastard Samurai (script and inks, with co-author Miles Gunter and pencils by Kelsey Shannon, 3-issue mini-series, Image Comics, April–August 2002)
- Thor #80-84: "Ragnarok" (with co-author Daniel Berman and art by Andrea Di Vito, Marvel Comics, August–December 2004, tpb, December 2004, ISBN 0785115994)
- Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill (with co-author Daniel Berman and art by Andrea Di Vito, Marvel Comics, 6-issue limited series, March–August, 2005)
- Thor: Blood Oath (with art by Scott Kolins, 6-issue limited series, Marvel Comics, November 2005 - February 2006)
- Ares (with pencils by Travel Foreman, 5-issue limited series, Marvel Comics, March–July 2006, tpb, ISBN 978-0785119913)
- Highlander (with co-author Brandon Jerwa and art by Lee Moder, 4-issue mini-series, Dynamite Entertainment, July 2006 - February 2007)
- The Cross Bronx (script and art, with co-author Ivan Brandon, 4-issue mini-series, Image Comics, September–December 2006)
- Wings of Anansi
- Blood River (co-writer with Dan Berman)
- Quixote : A modern day retelling of Don Quixote (co-writer with Bryan Glass)
- Red Sonja
- Six (co-written with Dan Berman)
- Parliament Of Justice
- God Complex (co-written with Daniel Berman with art by John Broglia, 6-issue limited series, December 2009 - May 2010)
His art credits include:
- Judge Dredd #1-5 (with writer Andrew Helfer, DC Comics, August–December 1994)
- Atomic Robo
- Bastard Samurai
- Bluntman and Chronic
- B.P.R.D.: The Soul of Venice
- Hammer of the Gods
- Bulletproof Monk (pencils, with writer Brett Lewis, Image Comics, 1998–1999, tpb, 2002, ISBN 1582402442)
- Powers (with Brian Michael Bendis, Icon Comics, 2000-present)
- Avengers (inking)
- Daredevil (inking)
- Judge Dredd: "Straight Eye for the Crooked Guy" (with Robbie Morrison, in 2000 AD Prog 2006, December 2005)
- Parliament of Justice
- Ship of Fools
- The Foot Soldiers
- What If... Thor
- The Cross Bronx
- The Mice Templar
- The Team Fortress 2 web comics, up until the release of Loose Canon, when he was moved to the Left 4 Dead team.
- The Sacrifice, a webcomic based on Left 4 Dead
- Takio (with Brian Michael Bendis, 96 page graphic novel, Icon Comics, March 2011, ISBN 978-0785153269)
- Lab Rat web comics, chain between the first and the second chapter of the game
Michael received the Eagle Award in 2006 for Favorite WQriter/Artist.
- ^ The M I C E T E M P L A R//Oeming-Glass
- ^ Michael Avon Oeming Interview
- ^ Avon Oeming, Michael. "Mac Update comic". Valve Software. http://www.teamfortress.com/macupdate/comic/. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- ^ Avon Oeming, Michael. "Loose Canon". Valve Corporation. http://www.teamfortress.com/loosecanon/. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- ^ "Loose Canon". Valve Corporation. 2010-07-02. http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=4013&p=/. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- ^ Avon Oeming, Michael. "The Sacrifice". Valve Corporation. http://www.l4d.com/comic/. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- April 2006 Interview with the Outhouse
- September 2006 interview about his Omega Flight work, Newsarama
- Marvel Gazette Interview
- Interview about The Rapture at Things From Another World
(with Daniel Berman)
J. Michael Straczynski
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Brian Michael Bendis — Infobox Comics creator imagesize = caption = birthname = birthdate = birth date and age|1967|08|18 location = Cleveland, Ohio deathdate = deathplace = nationality = American area = Comic book writer alias = notable works = Ultimate Spider Man… … Wikipedia
Brian Michael Bendis — (* 18. August 1967 in Cleveland, Ohio, USA) ist ein US amerikanischer Comic Autor und ehemaliger Künstler. Er ist einer der erfolgreichsten Verfasser von Mainstream Comics der letzten sieben Jahre. Bendis Bücher waren durchweg in den obersten… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Powers (comics) — Supercbbox| title=Powers comic color=background:#ff8080 schedule= Monthly format=Ongoing series publisher=Image; Marvel/Icon Comics date=2000 to present issues=Vol. 1 #1 37; Vol.2 #1 continuing main char team= past current… … Wikipedia
Powers (série télévisée) — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Powers. Powers Titre original Powers Genre Série fantastique science fiction Créateur(s) … Wikipédia en Français
Omega Flight — Publication information Publisher Marvel Comics First appearance Jaxon s team Alpha Flight (vol. 1) #11 The Masters s team Alpha Flight (vol. 1) #110 The Initiative team Omega Flight … Wikipedia
Common Grounds — For other uses, see Common Ground (disambiguation). Common Grounds Issue #1 Cover A by J. Scott Campbell and Matt Milla Publication information … Wikipedia
The Mice Templar — Cover of the first issue Publication information Publisher Image Comics … Wikipedia
Registration acts (comics) — Registration acts A faux advertisement for the Mutant Registration Act (featuring Franklin Richards labeled Mutie ) which ran in various Marvel Comics cover dated November 1987. Art by Jon Bogdanove. Publication information … Wikipedia
Highlander (comics) — Supercbbox| title= Highlander caption= schedule= format= Limited series publisher= Dynamite Entertainment date= July, 2007 2008 issues= 12 main char team= Connor MacLeod Duncan MacLeod writers= Brandon Jerwa Michael Avon Oeming artists= Lee Moder … Wikipedia
Christian Walker — Walker by Oeming Publication information Publisher Image; Marvel Icon … Wikipedia