- Patiya Adarsha High School
Patiya Aadorsho Uccho Bidyaloy (Patiya Model High School) is one of the oldest schools of Bangladesh. It was established in the year 1845 as an English Medium School. It is the second school in the district of chittagong at the then time. The founder of this shcool was Mr. Durga Kinkor Datta. This school was firstly affiliated with the Calcutta University in 1867. The Head Teachers of Patiya Adorsho Uccho Bidyaloy-
1. Durga Kinkor Datta (1845-1864,2. Rashik Chandra Benerjee (1864-1906),3. Surjya Kumar Sen (1907-1935),4. Manindra Lal Kanungoy (1936-1945),5. Profulla Kumar Bhattacherjee (1946-1949),6. Romesh Chandra Gupta (1950-1974),7. Abdur Rashid (1974-1976),8. Abul Kashem (1976-1991),9. Nurul Absar (1992-2006),10 Mr. Tushar Kanti Das (Acting) 2006-running.
Many famous persons were the students of this school, some of them are Abdul Karim Sahityo Bisharad, Dr. Ahmad Sharif, Hanif Sanket and more...
Here are few former students of this school who were famous eminent persons -
1. Munshi Abdul Karim Sahitya Bisharad-He passed the Entrance from this school in 1893. He was the first Muslim student to pass the Entrance in Patiya. He had been offered "sahitya Bisharad" by the then elite society of Literarians of Chittagong and "Sahitya Sagar" by the scholars of Nadiya. He recovered more than two thousand and five hundred Punthi ( collection of mythological literature) and published more than six hundred research article. He has been in final rest in Suchkra Dondee- his own village.
2. Uma Charan Khastagir- He passed entrance in 1867 from this school. He had been the sub judge in the judicial sector.
3. Dr. Ataul Hakim-He had been the student of this school since 1907 to 1908 in class VII and VIII. He was the first Muslim to obtain PhD in Chittagong. He was a mathematician and class mate of eminent politician Hossain Shahid Sohrawardy.
4. Dr. Ahmad Sharif: Eminent scholar of Bangla literature. He was the nephew of Munshi Abdul Karim Shahitya Bisharad. He passed entrance from this school in 1938. He carried out research on the collected 'Punthi' by Munshi Abdul Karim Shahitya Bisharad.
5. Bipin Bihari Nandi: He passed entrance from this school in 1890. He was awarded 'Krittibas' for his famous 'Soptokando Rajsthan'.
6. Sharat Chandra Das: He was the diplomat in Piking appointed by the then British Government. He was the expert on 'Tibet' . He was the fist to bring the press machine in Chittagong. The the British Government awarded him 'C-I-E'.
7. Shashanko Mohan Sen: He was 'Kobi Bhashkor'. He passed entrance from this school in 1901.
8. Kali Shankar Chakraborty: He was founder editor of the daily 'Jyoti'. It was the first newspaper in the East Bengal.
9. Karunamoy Khastogir: He passed entrance in 1905. He was the eminent professor of Mathematics in the Calcutta University.
10. Shashidhar Dashgupta: He passed entrance in 1912. He was awarded Roy Bahadur and he had been the deputy magistrate.
11. Ahmad Mia: His entrance is in 1916. He was additional District Magistrate and Inspecter General of Police. 12. Prof. Kamini Kumar Dev: He passed entrance in 1919. He was internally reputed Mathematician and Professor of Calcutta Presidency College.
13. Khan Bahadur Jalal Uddin Ahmad: He passed entrance in 1904. He was extra-ordinary orator and eminent politician. He was also minister of the then undivided Bangla Government. He was the professor of Calcutta University and expert in multiple languages.
14. Jatra Mohan Sen: He was an established 'Jamidar' of Baroma and the proud father of Barrister Jatindra Mohan Sen, the then president of Indian Congress
15. Golamur Rahman: He passed entrance in 1916. He had been the Assistant Commissioner of Tax.
16. Manindra Lal Guha:""' He passed entrance from this school in 1926. He was the rebellion and companion to Masterda Sujya Sen.
17. Himangshu Bikash Mazumder: He was the Deputy Director of Mass Education Department of the West Bengal Government.
18. Harendra Lal Chowdhury: He passed entrance in 1918. He had vast knowledge on English Literature. He was professor, and devoted fellow colleague of Netajee Shuvash Chandra Bose.
For more information contact with-
Mr. Tapan Kumar SenSenior Teacher of Patiya Adarsha Uccha Bidyaloy (Rtd)Mobile Phone No.0088-01715019057. (to be continued...)
Editor-Dr. Partha Pratim Dhar, Assisstant Professor,Patiya Govt. College,Patiya ,Chittagong, Phone-008-01718-211284, 0088-01730-073651; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of schools in Bangladesh — * Abdur Rahman Govt. Girls High School, Potiya, Chittagong * Academia School, Dhaka * Ali Ahmed High School, Goran, Dhaka * Adamjee Cantonment School College * Aga Khan School, Dhaka * Agrani School and College est 1957 * American International… … Wikipedia
Muradnagar Upazila — Muradnagar মুরাদনগর Upazila … Wikipedia
Nangalkot Upazila — Nangalkot নাঙ্গলকোট Upazila … Wikipedia
Mirsharai Upazila — click Mirsarai Official Web Site www.mirsarai.info Mirsharai মীরসরাই Upazila … Wikipedia
Daganbhuiyan Upazila — Daganbhuiyan দাগনভূইয়া Upazila … Wikipedia
Companiganj Upazila, Noakhali — Companiganj কোম্পানিগঞ্জ Upazila … Wikipedia
Chandanaish Upazila — Chandanaish চন্দনাঈশ Upazila villages of chandanish north hashimpur,gasbaria joara,south hashimpur,harla, kanchannagar, boiltali etc, added by sharmin afroza sultana shepu. … Wikipedia