George William Hay (January 10, 1898 – July 13, 1975) was a Canadian professional ice hockey forward who played for the Chicago Black Hawks and Detroit Red Wings in the National Hockey League.
Born in Listowel, Ontario, Hay was one of smallest players of his day, standing 5 ft 6 in (1.68 m) and weighing 156 pounds (72 kg). He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1958.
Awards & Achievements
* WCHL First All-Star Team (1922, 1923, & 1924)
* WHL First All-Star Team (1926)
* Inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1958
* “Honoured Member” of the Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame
* [http://www.mbhockeyhalloffame.ca/honoured/players.html?category=7&id=12 George Hay's biography] at [http://www.mbhockeyhalloffame.ca/index.html Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame]