- Tenth Avenue North
Tenth Avenue North
Tenth Avenue North in concert
Background information Origin West Palm Beach, Florida Genres CCM, rock Years active 2000–present Labels Reunion Records Website tenthavenuenorth.com Members Mike Donehey
Ruben Juarez III
Past members Bryan Homan
Tenth Avenue North (stylized as tenth avenue north) is an American contemporary Christian music (CCM) band from West Palm Beach, Florida. They took their name from a major east-west road in Palm Beach County.The group was formed while attending Palm Beach Atlantic University. The band features Mike Donehey on vocals and acoustic guitar, Jeff Owen on electric guitar and backup vocals, Ruben Juarez III on bass guitar and backup vocals, and drummer Jason Jamison.
Tenth Avenue North released three independent albums and an EP before their major label debut. Their debut album, Over and Underneath, was released on May 20, 2008 on Reunion Records, and the band began a tour in promotion of the album near that time. Their song "Love Is Here" hit the Top 20 on the U.S. Contemporary Christian Music chart, and reached #3 by June 21, 2008. It spent 13 weeks on Billboard's Christian Songs chart, peaking at #3. It ended 2008 as the 12th most-played song on Christian Hit Radio according to R&R magazine's Christian CHR chart for the year.
The band's next single, "By Your Side", was released in late August 2008, and eventually became a #1 hit on Christian CHR radio in 2009; according to R&R's chart, it stayed at the top position for three weeks by February 13, 2009. It spent 48 weeks on the Billboard Christian Songs chart, peaking at #2. It won the GMA Dove Award for Song of the Year at the 41st award ceremony in April 2010. "Hold My Heart" was released as a single in 2009 and spent 44 weeks on the Christian Songs chart, peaking at #4.
The band's next album, The Light Meets The Dark, came out on May 11, 2010. The first single from that album, "Healing Begins", was released on March 2, 2010, and spent 29 weeks on the Billboard Christian Songs chart. The band performed at First Baptist Church of West Palm Beach on May 14, 2010 in addition to the release of their new album and to further promote the new album.
The band has toured with David Crowder Band, Casting Crowns and MercyMe and headlines their own dates throughout the United States. They won the "New Artist of the Year" award at the 40th GMA Dove Awards in April 2009.
On March 1, 2011, the band released "Tenth Avenue North Live: Inside and In Between - The Shows, The Songs, The Story" a live album featuring video footage of concerts and live recordings of their biggest hits thus far.
On February 14, 2011, the band announced via their e-mail newsletter that they are busily writing new songs and working on a new album, to be called High Noon, due out sometime in mid-2012.
On September 29, 2011, the band announced that while they are touring with Third Day they will be allowing fans to come and sing on their new album at stops on the tour.
Tenth Avenue North are partners with Compassion International. According to Compassion International, this is what their mission is: “Compassion International exists as a Christian child advocacy ministry that releases children from spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty and enables them to become responsible, fulfilled Christian adults.” 
Tenth Avenue North sponsors children through Compassion International and encourages other people to do so. Mike Donehey says, “One of the things we love most about Compassion is that it’s not about Compassion. If you go to one of their sites you won’t see a Compassion banner, but instead you’ll see the church in that area giving to their community exactly what it needs. The empowering of the local church to be the hands and feet of Jesus is what we want to be about, and its what we feel Compassion does best.” 
- Mike Donehey – lead vocals, acoustic guitar (2000–Present)
- Jeff Owen – guitar, background vocals (2005–Present)
- Jason Jamison – drums/Bongoes (2000–Present)
- Ruben Juarez III - bass guitar, backing vocals (2009–Present)
- Brendon Shirley - keys (2009-Present)
- Bryan Homan – bass guitar, background vocals (2000–2005)
- Andrew Middleton – electric guitar, acoustic, lead vocals (2002–2006)
- Daniel Zayas – electric guitar, keyboard, background vocals (2003–2006)
- Scott Sanders - Bass, keyboard, background vocals (2006–2009)
- GMA Dove Awards
Year Award Result 2009 New Artist of the Year Won 2010 Group of the Year Nominated Song of the Year ("By Your Side") Won 2011 Group of the Year Nominated Song of the Year ("Hold My Heart") Nominated Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year (The Light Meets the Dark) Nominated
- 2002: Broken Down (independent)
- 2003: Don't Look Back (independent)
- 2005: Speaking of Silence (independent)
- 2006: God With Us EP (independent)
Year Album details Peak chart positions US US
2008 Over and Underneath
- Released: May 20, 2008
- Label: Reunion Records
39 37 2 2010 The Light Meets the Dark
- Released: May 11, 2010
- Label: Reunion Records
15 7 1 "—" denotes the album didn't chart.
- Inside & In Between (March 1, 2011)
- High Noon Mid-2012
Year Single Peak Chart Positions Album US Christian 2008 "Love Is Here" 3 Over and Underneath "By Your Side" 2 2009 "Hold My Heart" 4 2010 "Healing Begins" 4 The Light Meets The Dark "Strong Enough to Save" 7 "You Are More" 1 "The Truth Is Who You Are" —
- ^ a b c Tenth Avenue North’s Debut Single Love Is Here Breaks...; CCM magazine; March 13, 2008; Retrieved April 5, 2008
- ^ Contemporary Christian Music Chart for R&R magazine as reported at the Weekend 22; June 21, 2008; Retrieved June 22nd 2008
- ^ "Love Is Here Billboard
- ^ 2008 Year End Charts/Top Christian CHR songs, R&R magazine, Retrieved January 15, 2009
- ^ "Christian CHR National Airplay". R&R. 2009-02-13. http://www.radioandrecords.com/formats/charts/christ_chr_chart.asp. Retrieved 2009-02-16.
- ^ By Your Side - Tenth Avenue North
- ^ Black, Nathan (April 22, 2010). "Casting Crowns, Jason Ingram Big Winners at 41st Dove Awards". The Christian Post. http://www.christianpost.com/article/20100422/casting-crowns-jason-ingram-big-winners-at-41st-dove-awards/. Retrieved April 30, 2010.
- ^ Hold My Heart - Tenth Avenue North Billboard
- ^ "Vol 7, Part 2: New Song 'Healing Begins' Available!". 2010-03-02. http://tenthavenuenorth.com/volumes/post/1065/7. Retrieved 2010-03-02.
- ^ "2009 Winners". Doveawards.com. http://www.doveawards.com/doveawards/09winners.php. Retrieved 2009-04-24. [dead link]
- ^ "About Us". Compassion. http://www.compassion.com/about/about-us.htm. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- ^ "Tenth Avenue North Partners with Compassion International". One Cubed. http://www.1cubed.com/display.php?ID=405§ionID=30. Retrieved 25 Steptember 2011.
- ^ a b c d "Biography". All Music. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/p1054863. Retrieved 28 September 2010.
- ^ a b c d e f "Tenth Avenue North Album & Song Chart History". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200#/artist/tenth-avenue-north/chart-history/1003161. Retrieved May 22, 2010.
EPs and Live AlbumsGod With Us EP Singles"Love Is Here" · "By Your Side" · "Hold My Heart" · "Healing Begins" · "Strong Enough To Save" · "You Are More" · "The Truth Is Who You Are"
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Tenth Avenue (Manhattan) — Tenth Avenue / Amsterdam Avenue is a north south thoroughfare on the West Side of Manhattan in New York City. It carries uptown (northbound) traffic only south of West 110th Street at the northern edge of Central Park, but is two way north of… … Wikipedia
North Bergen, New Jersey — Township Seal … Wikipedia
North Main Street School — U.S. National Register of Historic Places … Wikipedia
North American Building — General information Status Complete Type Residential Location 121 S. Broad Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States … Wikipedia
North 24 Parganas district — উত্তর চব্বিশ পরগণা জেলা Location of North 24 Parganas district in West Bengal … Wikipedia
North Moore Street — is a moderately trafficked street in TriBeCa, a neighborhood in the New York City borough of Manhattan. It runs roughly east–west between West Broadway and West Street; automobile traffic is restricted to travel in the westerly direction. Despite … Wikipedia
North Central University — Not to be confused with Northcentral University. North Central University Motto Your Life, Our Mission Established 1930 Type … Wikipedia
North Bank Depot Buildings — U.S. Na … Wikipedia
Tenth Street/Promenade (Metromover station) — Infobox Station name=Tenth Street/Promenade image size=225 image caption=Tenth Street/Promenade station platform. address=1011 Southwest First Avenue, Miami line=fontcolor|deeppink|Brickell Loop other= platform=Island parking= bicycle= passengers … Wikipedia
North Carolina Highway System — NC state route shields System information Notes: State roads maintained by the NCDOT with future toll roads managed by the NCTA … Wikipedia