- McLeod, North Dakota
McLeod — Census-designated place — Coordinates: Coordinates: Country United States State North Dakota County Ransom Elevation 1,076 ft (328 m) Time zone Central (CST) (UTC-6) - Summer (DST) CDT (UTC-5) ZIP codes 58057 FIPS code 38-49540 GNIS feature ID 2584351
McLeod (also Sandoun) is an census-designated place in eastern Ransom County, North Dakota, United States. An unincorporated community, it was designated as part of the U.S. Census Bureau's Participant Statistical Areas Program on March 31, 2010. It was not counted separately during the 2000 Census, but is scheduled for inclusion in the 2010 Census.
Ransom lies along North Dakota Highway 27 east of the city of Lisbon, the county seat of Ransom County. Originally named Sandoun for the many sand dunes in the area, it was renamed McLeod for local realtor J. J. McLeod. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 58057.
- ^ a b "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ a b "McLeod Census Designated Place". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:2584351. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- ^ U.S. Census Bureau (2003). "Population and Housing Unit Counts, North Dakota" (PDF). 2000 Census of Population and Housing. Government Printing Office. http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2000/phc-3-36.pdf. Retrieved 2008-07-20.
- ^ U.S. Census Bureau (February 13, 2008). "Census Designated Place (CDP) Program for the 2010 Census—Final Criteria" (PDF). Federal Register. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/psap2010/cdp_criteria.pdf. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- ^ Wick, Douglas A. (1988). North Dakota Place Names. Bismarck, North Dakota: Hedemarken Collectibles. ISBN 0-9620968-0-6. OCLC 191277027.
- ^ Zip Code Lookup
Municipalities and communities of Ransom County, North Dakota County seat: Lisbon Cities Townships
Aliceton | Alleghany | Bale | Big Bend | Casey | Coburn | Elliott | Fort Ransom | Greene | Hanson | Island Park | Isley | Liberty | Moore | Northland | Owego | Preston | Rosemeade | Sandoun | Scoville | Shenford | Springer | Sydna | Tuller
Englevale | McLeod
Anselm | Buttzville | Coburn | Venlo
‡This populated place also has portions in an adjacent county or counties
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Ransom County, North Dakota — Infobox U.S. County county = Ransom County state = North Dakota map size = 225 founded = Established January 4, 1873 Organized April 4, 1881 seat = Lisbon largest city = Lisbon area total sq mi =864 area land sq mi =863 area water sq mi =1 area… … Wikipedia
McLeod County, Minnesota — Location in the state of Minnesota … Wikipedia
Dakota County, Minnesota — Location in the state of Minnesota … Wikipedia
North Mankato, Minnesota — North Mankato City Locatio … Wikipedia
North Branch, Minnesota — City L … Wikipedia
North St. Paul, Minnesota — City The North Saint Paul Snowman … Wikipedia
North Shore (Lake Superior) — Split Rock Lighthouse is on North Shore of Lake Superior. This is part of a Minnesota State Park and is open for visitors … Wikipedia
National Register of Historic Places listings in Dakota County, Minnesota — Dakota County This is a list of properties on the National Register of Historic Places in Dakota County, Minnesota. Dakota County is a county located in the southeastern part of the U.S. state of Minnesota, bounded on the northeast side by the… … Wikipedia
Mary McLeod Bethune Council House National Historic Site — Mary McLeod Bethune Council House Location 1318 Vermont Avenue, NW W … Wikipedia
National Register of Historic Places listings in Moore County, North Carolina — Map of all coordinates from Google Map of all coordinates from Bing … Wikipedia